Refrigerator Oatmeal/Overnight Oatmeal. I finally tried it.

Options

Replies

• SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • Valcdav
    Valcdav Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do something similar. Soaking the rolled oats in apple juice and adding a sprinkling of cinnamon. No fat yoghurt. The alternative is grated apple and a little skim milk.
  • NatashaYates86
    NatashaYates86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Reread the the OP. oops :)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Been wanting to try this!
  • HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok - officially very interested! I'm going to have to give this a try. Thanks!
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Did you heat it up before you ate it?
  • neddoh
    neddoh Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • ang5593
    ang5593 Posts: 16
    Options
    bump!
  • Lois1211
    Lois1211 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This was quite possibly the best 164 calories I've ever spent for breakfast. Very filling and very tasty and VERY VERY VERY EASY.

Ingredients:

1/4 c. Old Fashioned Oats (not the quick oats)
    1/4 c. Plain Greek Yogurt
    1/3 c. Silk Plain Almond Milk (the low calorie one)
    1 1/2 t. Chia Seeds

Mix every thing up and put in a container with a lid. (Pint canning jars or freezer jars are perfect. I stirred mine a couple times before tucking it into the refridgerator for the night, to keep the chia seeds from clumping.

Next morning--put in your add ins of choice. Today I did banana and sweetner. The add-ins aren't included in the 164 calorie count.

It couldn't be easier, grabbed as I was going out the door and breakfast was ready to serve when I got to work.

Yep. This is a keeper! I've seen it here before, but then I saw photos on Pinterest of all the interesting toppings, etc. Looked good, was good, easy and quick!
  • RistinaWin
    RistinaWin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's my question too - do you heat it up before you eat it AND - where do I find chia seeds? Whole Foods? Buy a chia pet and use the seeds (haha)?
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have some old fashioned oats and can never get it to taste how I like, I'm going to try it with the greek yogurt once I get some more!
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I love oatmeal but never would have thought about having it cold.
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Its also yummy with some powdered peanut butter, cocoa powder and half a banana!

Where do you purchase "powdered peanut butter?"
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wanted to say thanks for posting this recipe. I have made it two different ways and can't believe how fast, easy, and delish it is. I don't know how this isn't an every day staple. If I had known about this recipe when my son was young he would have been eating this as well. So good for you!!!

Oh and to purchase powdered peanut butter just google PB2. I purchased it through amazon if I remember right.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's my question too - do you heat it up before you eat it AND - where do I find chia seeds? Whole Foods? Buy a chia pet and use the seeds (haha)?

You don't heat it up...mix all ingredients the night before the oaks will "cook" in the milk. I eat the cocoa and banana one religiously...i love love LOVE it.

You can order chia seeds online...but I just stick flaxseeds in mine.

YUM!