Vitamins for weight loss??

Options
2»

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Vitamins will not have a significant effect on weight loss.

Unless you count caffeine as a vitamin.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    IMO there are no vitamins or supplements that will get weight off any faster. Mind you the B vitamins are known for energy and boosting metabolism so Id say if any that would be a good one.
    Anyone who is on 1200 cals or under should be on a multi vitamin.... not to mention be seen by a doc with reg blood work to stay on top of any deficiencies.AND anyone losing a big amount of weight should take vitamin D... your bones take a change in weight loss and D is needed.
    Also with alot of weight loss some lose vast amounts of hair because of it. There is nothing to stop this...just a side effect of it. BUT a person can take Biotin to help promote the growth of hair which helps alot if you happen to be losing hair.... at least it's being replaced. Please note though...if genetics has you having alot of body hair...biotin can make it grow everywhere...just not on your head...so be forewarned when making a decision to take it.
  • OddBookOut
    OddBookOut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Multi and Fish Oil, to fill in the gaps in my diet. I've been looking into D supplementation given all of the recent research out there. I'm of the belief that taking anything in excess will eventually do more harm than good. There are no magic pills.

Vitamins are different than pills. I don't believe anything really bad can happen from taking too many vitamins. In fact, I'd rather take a vitamin than pill.

http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/how-to-take-niacin-vitamin-b3-for-depression-and-anxiety
    http://www.foodmatters.tv/Default.aspx?CCID=4629&FID=30559&ExcludeBoolFalse=True&ID=/newslettersearchresults

There are no magic pills, but deaths from taking vitamins are extremely rare. Taking a pill legalized by the FDA is more of a risk.

deaths may be rare, but you can OD on vitamins, so yes, bad things can happen.

The #1 thing most children overdose on is multivitamins, especially since they kids ones taste like candy. It's the iron that is bad in large quantities.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Multi and Fish Oil, to fill in the gaps in my diet. I've been looking into D supplementation given all of the recent research out there. I'm of the belief that taking anything in excess will eventually do more harm than good. There are no magic pills.

Vitamins are different than pills. I don't believe anything really bad can happen from taking too many vitamins. In fact, I'd rather take a vitamin than pill.

http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/how-to-take-niacin-vitamin-b3-for-depression-and-anxiety
    http://www.foodmatters.tv/Default.aspx?CCID=4629&FID=30559&ExcludeBoolFalse=True&ID=/newslettersearchresults

There are no magic pills, but deaths from taking vitamins are extremely rare. Taking a pill legalized by the FDA is more of a risk.

deaths may be rare, but you can OD on vitamins, so yes, bad things can happen.

The #1 thing most children overdose on is multivitamins, especially since they kids ones taste like candy. It's the iron that is bad in large quantities.
    Where did you read this?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options

Agree.

Wait, Silly. Caffeine is a Food Group, not a vitamin. Everyone knows that.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options

Agree.

Wait, Silly. Caffeine is a Food Group, not a vitamin. Everyone knows that.
    I always thought that was what the 'C' in vitamin C stood for. I can't believe I've been wrong all this time! D:
  • nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not technically a vitamin, but Co-enzyme Q10 has been working for me. I also take fish oil.