snack ideas?!

2»

Replies

• pcsb123
    pcsb123 Posts: 1
    I love chips too, I like the crunch. I have traded chips for thin slices of cucumber (chilled) then when ready to eat, sprinkle some sea salt on them. It taste great and 8 calories!
  • wheat9214
    wheat9214 Posts: 2
    Veggie Straws. They are made with carrots, potatos, and spinach. 38 straws for 130 calories. My kids love them.
    They also make apple straws which are cinnamon flavored.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    we have something crunchy here called 'poppers'.. they are like a thin, 6" diameter shallow-bowl-shaped rice cake. They are a perfect crunch! Great for dipping in hummus or greek yogurt/tzatziki, or some salsa. I used two of them today instead of bread and put a nice serving of egg salad on them. 19 calories each, no fat, no sodium, no sugar If you are Canadian, available in the bakery of Sobey's
    Enjoy!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    ooh, and don't forget plain, air-popped popcorn! I also enjoy ryvita crisp breads.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Senisble Solutions Veggie Straws. Not sure where you live but you can get them at costco in a box with 3 different kinds you can also just buy the big bags of them also pop chips are ok I didn't really like but other people I talked to liked them. Only 130 cal. per bag (and the bag isn't teny tiny ) they are great in place of chips.
  • lindz528
    lindz528 Posts: 5
    thanks! cant wait to try these. never have before.
  • special k cracker chips - 27 chips for 110 calories. variety of flavors :)

Completely agree. I just tried these for the first time this weekend. It's a huge serving for a low amount of calories. Definitely takes away my craving for chips. :)
  • bulletproofkasper
    bulletproofkasper Posts: 126 Member
    If chips are your week point get some mountain bread rye wraps cut them up and bake for 2 -3minutes and they are just like chips but one wrap only has 69cals, i use them for nachos :)
  • hina_syed_3
    hina_syed_3 Posts: 29 Member