Hungry!!!!

Options
Im trying my best to keep up with the calories that i need but I don't want to go over my 1260 to do that. What are some healthy choices to eat that will fill me without loading on the calories too much?

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of plain grilled chicken breast, to give it flavor I use a lot of peppers or some of my low sodium hot sauces. Always fills me up at just 100-130 calories per serving.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Veggies and homemade soups really fill me up but fruit does wonders. You can eat a whole lot of melon for very little calories, and it really fills you up.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm good at the low cal stuff apparently... yogurt, Lays Light potato chips (delish, no fat!), Special K Cracker Chips (have several flavors, my fav is cheese), veggie burgers, bread wise: Healthy Life brand, apples, oranges, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and peas.

Edit: Also love grilled chicken, shrimp, and romaine lettuce
  • justicetumblr
    Options
    Special K Crackers are good. Full of flavor! They're healthy too. & If you exercise more, you won't have to worry about going over your goal. Just keep everything in moderation! (:
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    *plain oatmeal in the morning keeps me pretty full for the morning
    *an apple or any piece of fruit for a snack
    *special k crackers (24 crackers for 120 calories) and cracker chips (27 chips for 110) don't let the healthy-ness intimidate you...they are delicious!!!
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    Low calorie popcorn! Really satisfies my desire to chew on snacks.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I just found an awesome option a couple nights ago. What I made was probably enough for TWO portions, I was hungry and managed to eat it all, but next time probably will divide it up - AND - the whole batch was only 400 calories.

I took half a head of Broccoli, Half a head of Cauliflower, 2 small zucchini (yellow and green), and a whole vidalia onion. I cut them into bite size chunks or a little bigger, dropped the lot of them into a steam basket, and put that over top of a pot of boiling water which had 1 serving of Barilla Plus.

They cooked at the same time, and when it was done, I had a TON of veggies, over top of a single serving of pasta, and I added about 3/4 cup of light spaghetti sauce.

Came to around 399 or 400 calories. and we are talking like 4+ cups of food. that's a LOT. if You halve it, it's only about 200 calories and very filling. I can't wait to have it again. Oh - let me mention that I only ate HALF of the veggies I steamed, there's still a good 3 cups of them sitting in the fridge for another meal :) or TWO!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of low-cal veggies and a big salad with low-cal dressing.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    1260 is VERY low. I would exercise and eat those calories.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Do you know your BMR and TDEE? Just curious bc 1200 calories seems low. If you a hungry you may not be eating enough. Always aim to eat above BMR! Hope this helps you sweetie!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    When I've hit my calorie limit and I'm hungry, I try drinking a cup of hot herbal tea. It works every time for me. I like Bengal Spice Tea by Celestial Seasonings
  • honeydove
    honeydove Posts: 39
    Options
    Tomato-Fennel Soup with whole wheat pita is what I had today and i am still under my calorie goal. yay
  • photojunkie28
    photojunkie28 Posts: 292
    Options
    Kale chips. Super healthy and easy and quick to make as long as you don't let them burn. They don't keep so you have to eat them right away and you can eat a lot for few calories. Google the specifics it's really almost better than potato chips. Also..if you have an extra couple bucks there are things in the freezer organics section called vitatops. They are 100 calories each and its like a top of a big muffin. My fav is the chocolate chunk! Oatmeal is also ALWAYS filling and you can add fruits to it for a little sweet treat.
  • autumnmoon2001
    autumnmoon2001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal in the morning, veggies and fruit. Don't forget to drink your water. I find that fluids fill me up, but watch out for the sugary stuff.

Also, I like to chew on cinnamon gum in the p.m. That's when I feel "hungry" but it's not because my stomach feels empty, it's more of a tastebud or craving thing. Cinnamon helps to regulate sugar so this really works for me in the afternoons, and it helps me make it til supper.
  • msjoinail
    msjoinail Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the ideas! I plan on trying all of them! 1260 is low and i burn more than half during my workout, then im starving right after! But is a safe amount of calories? Im looking for one high enough to help me burn fat but not so low that I'll go into starvation mode. I was told that 1200 was high enough not to, but im starting to think i am.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Lower sugar cinnamon apple oatmeal 110 calories seriously takes away my hunger for a long while.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Did you know if your calories goal is 1260 but you burn 500 in exercise you can eat 1760 that day and lose the weight at the same pace.
  • raeraeti
    raeraeti Posts: 108
    Options
    Do you know your BMR and TDEE? Just curious bc 1200 calories seems low. If you a hungry you may not be eating enough. Always aim to eat above BMR! Hope this helps you sweetie!

I agree! My calorie goal is 1375 and I'm normally pretty good at sticking to it, but when I drop down to 1200 I feel hungry and end up feeling demotivated. I still loose at 1375, but I don't feel hungry all day and I stick with it.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Drink water, flavored water, tea.
    Eat big salads w protein.
    Boiled eggs are great for that full, slow to digest feeling.

I watched a documentary on weight loss myths and there was an interesting study done on soups. A meal with the same calories but in soup form will stay suspended in the stomach longer. Giving that full feeling longer.

1200 is my starting point, I exercise daily, even if it is just a walk, to get more calories to eat.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Beans with hot pepper...and add walking to get more calories to eat !