Ladies....shave above the knee or not?

Replies

• Everything shaved/trimmed as needed, every other day. Never know when you're gonna land yourself a hot date or a trip to the ER. :embarassed:

I thought I was the only one concerned with random trips to the ER. :laugh:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I shave my legs, armpits and I naughty bits.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    I shave everything but my head,eyebrows and eyelashes LOL

What she said ^^
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    I'm sorry but being thigh-hairless isn't necessary to me. I don't have straw growing out my follicles :huh:
  • CharisSunny
    :drinker: :laugh:
  • CharisSunny
    :drinker: :tongue:
    Oh hell no lol
    Who has the time? I'm 5'10"...that's alotta leg!!!!

:tongue: Great minds!
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    I'm 5'10" as well, and mostly all legs. But I still have to do the whole shebang. I guess its jes preference. I hate body hair. Thankfully, if I skip a few days, the hubby doesn't care one ay or another lol. Says he isn't with me for my hair or lack thereof. Lol but its interesting to see the different responses.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Well I shave it all but thats for me, not for my husband. I will keep the details as to why to myself but it may come to a surprise, but everything I do isn't for what a man wants. Taking care of myself, being fit, the way I dress, make-up etc has nothing to do with whether some man finds it attractive. Luckily my husband does enjoy what I do, but I do it all for me first!:bigsmile:

Of course and as it should be.

I tend to disagree. If I were married, and my wife wanted me to shave my legs...why shouldn't I? I don't care what other people think of me anyhow...and its her opinion that matters in the short term, and long term. The same if she DIDN'T want me to shave elsewhere...or DID want me to shave elsewhere. What difference does it make?

*shrug*...I guess I just don't get this whole 'Do for you, and if your spouse is happy, good for them...and if not, too bad!' sentiment that's taken root in our society.

Well I guess I am lucky that one of the main things my husband admires about me is the fact that I know what I want and what I like, I have my own mind and we don't have to like the same things but I am still respectful towards me with out compromising myself. Luckily he really doesn't care either way what I do as long as he gets some, but if he were to say he preferred me not to shave....I would def consider it and even be willing to give it a try (another thing my husband loves about me, an open mind) by growing some in but keeping it well trimmed.

We have been together for over 18 years and what really works for us is letting each other be independent in a sense, as much as a committed marriage can be. I am just not that type that constantly asks "what do guys like". I don't understand girls/women who ask "do guys like long or short hair" or "do guys want me to do this or that". Wear your hair the way you want to, if your man truly loves you, he won't really give a crap. He might say, oh I love long hair but I think she looks great in all styles plus its just hair. For every guy who loves hair long, theres one who loves it short so do what you want.

But no one really understands our relationship I guess. Even his Mother would get on me about why I let my husband wear old concert T shirts, why don't I secretly throw them out like she did. Um....because I am not like that? Sure, I like when he dresses nice but I love him either way and if he feels comfortable in an old concert T, because my love for him to be happy is greater than my own wants then no, I wouldn't force him to do something he doesn't want to do.

We just have such deep rooted respect and trust in each other that we can both are free to be who we want, we just choose to also do it together. I may not be explaining this well, all I know is that what we are doing together just works for us! We are happy as two separate individuals and even happier together :drinker:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Yes. The whole leg. I have serious issues about body hair, it grosses me out. Fortunately, I'm not a super hairy person (my arm hairs are REALLY thin and light), but yeah...I can't deal with even having a light fuzz on my upper legs lol
  • TripleJ3
    Well I shave it all but thats for me, not for my husband. I will keep the details as to why to myself but it may come to a surprise, but everything I do isn't for what a man wants. Taking care of myself, being fit, the way I dress, make-up etc has nothing to do with whether some man finds it attractive. Luckily my husband does enjoy what I do, but I do it all for me first!:bigsmile:

I tend to disagree. If I were married, and my wife wanted me to shave my legs...why shouldn't I? I don't care what other people think of me anyhow...and its her opinion that matters in the short term, and long term. The same if she DIDN'T want me to shave elsewhere...or DID want me to shave elsewhere. What difference does it make?

*shrug*...I guess I just don't get this whole 'Do for you, and if your spouse is happy, good for them...and if not, too bad!' sentiment that's taken root in our society.

Respectfully,
    Actually, I just thought it was great that she was doing it for herself first. But, that's not saying that there wouldn't be, couldn't or isn't any compromise ! I love the stuff shaven, omg do i, but if she(generically speaking) trimmed it that would be fine too. letting it go wild.. well, it might be a little scary going into a jungle while trying to play.

Exactly, and its not like I am saying "I am doing this whether you like it or not!" I am doing this because I personally like it for my reasons, not *just* because my husband said "I like a shaven woman so you need to shave to make me happy". Two statements that would never come out of either of our mouths. He had actually mentioned it once and I was curious, tried it and found it to be beneficial to me so I continue to shave.

Who like spitting out someone elses pubic hair all day anyway?:noway: :laugh:
  • I do sometimes
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Shave it all, including arms. i hate body hair, and I have dark hair so it is noticable when I dont shave for a few days. In winter though, my leg hair can suck it, it keeps me warmer, but means I only shave once a week, instead of twice. Otherwise the bf starts whining about how gross and carpety my legs are :grumble:

I've been contemplating shaving my arms but I guess I am stuck on the notion that if you shave it the hair will grow back much worse! Is that true? Just curious because I'm gonna do it I think!!!

I shave mid-thigh. Being a red head my hair isn't dark and coarse so I'm pretty lucky in that respect. However, I've been known to grow in a winter coat LOL It's not because I like it it's because I am LAZY!! :) But I'm getting better. I guess hitting 40 and losing weight has jump started something in me :smooched:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member

Well I guess I am lucky that one of the main things my husband admires about me is the fact that I know what I want and what I like, I have my own mind and we don't have to like the same things but I am still respectful towards me with out compromising myself. Luckily he really doesn't care either way what I do as long as he gets some, but if he were to say he preferred me not to shave....I would def consider it and even be willing to give it a try (another thing my husband loves about me, an open mind) by growing some in but keeping it well trimmed.

We have been together for over 18 years and what really works for us is letting each other be independent in a sense, as much as a committed marriage can be. I am just not that type that constantly asks "what do guys like". I don't understand girls/women who ask "do guys like long or short hair" or "do guys want me to do this or that". Wear your hair the way you want to, if your man truly loves you, he won't really give a crap. He might say, oh I love long hair but I think she looks great in all styles plus its just hair. For every guy who loves hair long, theres one who loves it short so do what you want.

But no one really understands our relationship I guess. Even his Mother would get on me about why I let my husband wear old concert T shirts, why don't I secretly throw them out like she did. Um....because I am not like that? Sure, I like when he dresses nice but I love him either way and if he feels comfortable in an old concert T, because my love for him to be happy is greater than my own wants then no, I wouldn't force him to do something he doesn't want to do.

We just have such deep rooted respect and trust in each other that we can both are free to be who we want, we just choose to also do it together. I may not be explaining this well, all I know is that what we are doing together just works for us! We are happy as two separate individuals and even happier together :drinker:

I agree with this completely :). My preferred relationships are the same. What good is it to be loved by someone with no backbone, no strength? It's the GIFT of her love...her compromise...her consideration, that makes it special. If you reread your initial post though...I'm sure you can understand how all of that wasn't clear (and I understand how it didn't need to be...it was just a short post).

I have a habit of reading a post, and it bringing something to mind that is only indirectly related. I invariably quote the post, and then go on sharing what I was thinking. Your initial post brought to mind many things I've read on these boards...and while (after you explained), it clearly wasn't related to what you meant...if I hadn't quoted you...my post would have made no sense at all lol.
  • TripleJ3

I agree with this completely :). My preferred relationships are the same. What good is it to be loved by someone with no backbone, no strength? It's the GIFT of her love...her compromise...her consideration, that makes it special. If you reread your initial post though...I'm sure you can understand how all of that wasn't clear (and I understand how it didn't need to be...it was just a short post).

I have a habit of reading a post, and it bringing something to mind that is only indirectly related. I invariably quote the post, and then go on sharing what I was thinking. Your initial post brought to mind many things I've read on these boards...and while (after you explained), it clearly wasn't related to what you meant...if I hadn't quoted you...my post would have made no sense at all lol.

No, I get it. I try to keep things brief because otherwise I feel like I am writing a book!

I should have quoted it, but someone had said something about men wanting a shaven woman because of some inner want of liking young girls.....just rubbed me the wrong way.

No hard feelings. I see it on here and from girlfriends always losing themselves in what *he* wants. I ask, but what do you like? Oh I just like what he likes. His friends are her friends, his favorites are now her favorites. Its one thing to show an interest in the person you love but to completely lose yourself in a relationship sounds....boring and sad. :tongue:
  • thepegasus
    thepegasus Posts: 54 Member

your relationship with your hubby sounds pretty much same as mine... we are two complete individuals with our own views, opinons and personalitys that choose to come together and share our lives together... i would never dream to "change" him to fit in with my views ( he loves his old band tshirts too lol ) and hes the same with me, he loved me when i was fat and he said it was my choice to lose the weight and i have to do it for me, not him...

he was the first one to get me to shave my privates tho, so he did get the ball rolling with that one, but its been my choice to keep it that way, he wouldnt care if i decide to let it grow back or keep it shaven... he loves me for me :)
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Laser. Hair. Removal. (worth every penny)

Even though the commercials say that you'll never have to shave again...you will, because you'll discover all this little baby-fine peach fuzz that you never knew existed!

Instead of shaving every day/every other day...I'll make sure I shave above and below the knee every other week or so.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Permanent here too.
    So much easier in and I doubt I will ever regret not having bushes under my arms or elsewhere.
  • Came across this as I was perusing the internet trying to figure out HOW to shave my knee cap at 25 years old (smh). And really I can't believe people don't shave above their thigh

First of all, YES, the rest of us can see your thigh hair. You're not fooling anyone. Jiminy crickets you hairy thigh people must be blind. Unless you are hairless which I didn't know existed until I read these posts lol

Second, what is the point in having half of your leg smooth and the other half hairy? Either shave it all or don't shave anything. I feel bad for your husbands or boyfriends who rub your calf, then slowly move their hand up and find a JUNGLE. Even if you swear that we "can't see it" (we can), you can still FEEL it. Gross. Ugh dear. Even just touching your own legs, how do you stand it. If you're single I can see in a way why you wouldn't want to waste your time but it just makes most women feel so much sexier.

Third, shaving does NOT make your hair grow back faster or thicker. Yes hair on your body stops growing at some point, that's why you non thigh shavers don't have 6 feet of hair coming off ya legs. But it ends there. I have shaved many parts of my body for more than a decade and it's still blonde and thin. I just don't like the feel of hair.

Really people. We have the internet now. Just google leg hair myths and the thicker long myth is the first thing to come up.

I am boggled. Honestly.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    I stop at just above the knee, maybe 2 inches. I only shave my thighs maybe once a month, or if I'm wearing short shorts/skirt or a swimsuit in public.
    I do shave my um...downstairs, but only once/twice a month. My husband has never complained about my hairy legs and such. In fact I'm the one who feels grossed out by him touching my legs when unshaven, he just tells me I'm crazy for thinking that, and to just relax and enjoy his touch, he loves my "sexy long legs" lol
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    I'm hygiene obsessed! I shave my legs, my pits and privates daily. Lol I say it's my P3 routine: pins, pubes and pits.
    Gotta be ready and looking nice at all times