Ladies....shave above the knee or not?

Options

Replies

• Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I get everything waxed just because I dont have to deal with razor bumps and cuts.
    And I'm f*cking lazy so I pay like 30 bucks just to get everything waxed by an asian lady 1 a month.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    just above the knee-that's how I was taught and the hair on my thighs is super fine and blonde (I have dark hair) go figure.
  • hkmamma
    hkmamma Posts: 70
    Options
    All the way up and top it off with a nice bikini wax!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I shave everything but my head,eyebrows and eyelashes LOL

^^^^^ This, but if I didn't no man would ever know the difference :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nope....never needed to.
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Below the knee only, maybe once a week at most, twice if I'm making a particular effort. Don't really shave anywhere else. Did shave my underarms for the first time in a few months this week but it feels all icky now, feel much more sweaty. Bleurgh.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ok, this has been much debated by my friends and family. It's a subject to talk about when we get bored lol. Jes curious to see what Yall think.

I have a couple of friends who don't need to since they don't grow any hair above their knees and myself hardly grows any as well but I have to shave up to a point.
  • kateshape
    kateshape Posts: 25
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, and other women, removing body hair is seen as a commonplace and everyday behavior. I too shave occasionally above the knee, and certainly below. Removing body hair for social normative reasons, along with this whole conception of hairlessness being seen as feminine and attractive, is what drives me to do it, but at the same time I wish I had the guts to put the razor away and be my natural self!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    i believe women shouldn't have hair growing below the eyelashes. lol. so i shave everything. all the way up my leg and more! :)

I suspect human biology might disagree with you on the 'shouldn't' aspect. Of course, choosing not to have is a different thing altogether.

Human biology/evolution has us picking less hairier partners, that's one of the reasons why we hardly have hair so human biology would agree with humans not being hairy. One of the theories to why this is that it was a way to lessen parasites from us. Of course with technology we can just shave now and trick the mate into thinking we're less hairy.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Half. My top half barely has anything. My boyfriend didn't even realize I had any in the upper. But if you're dark haired, I'd do it all.

^^THIS
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If I didn't shave the entire leg... I'd have bangs on my knees. :indifferent:
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As a single lady, my shaving is based completely on what the world is going to see. If I'm not wearing skirts or shorts, I'll let it go for a while. If I'm wearing something that shows my legs, everything that shows plus a little extra gets shaved.

At this point there's no one feeling anything, so that's kind of a moot point. If I had a date though, the first thing I'd have a date with is my razor and then it would be EVERYTHING.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Laser hair removal is a beautiful thing. :happy:

As far as shaving. I have seen way too many people have their lady and man parts I&D (incision & drainage) done because of ingrown hairs.

Whatever isnt lasered gets waxed.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't shave...I spray that foamy stuff, wait 10 mins then wash off. Does the trick for me. Besides, being the voluptous woman I am, makes it easy to make sure that the backs of my legs are done. It lasts about two weeks for me now, guess that is an advantage of being older. It takes longer to grow back, and in certain spots, it doesn't grow back at all now.

Lucky me...
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my wife only shaves when she needs to...if i see her shave im like "you got a dr visit?" if she says no and we arent getting ready for the beach.....GAME ON. giggidy.

HAHAH!!! This is totally how I approach shaving... if i'm wearing shorts for some odd reason, or i have a doc visit... if not, my hubby knows what time it is.... business time!! LOL
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I shave whatever I don't get waxed during the warm months. When it's cold, I give in to my inner Sasquatch.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I shave above the knees, and above that. I also shave my arms. Sometimes I wax, sometimes I nair.

I don't like hair.
  • DaleArden
    DaleArden Posts: 26
    Options
    I only need to shave my lower leg once every couple of months or so--my body hair is so fine and slow-growing that it really doesn't need doing any more frequently than that. One of the benefits of being a 40-something redhead, I think.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    It all goes .....

Wasn't sure moms were still handing out that "no above the knee" advice. Geez. Heard that when I was a teen and that was several, several years ago. I hand out the opposite advice to my daughter. Smooth and sleek .
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I shave EVERYTHING every two days...reguardless of getting lucky or not...I do it for my man. Not that he makes me, it's just I want to look the best for him and he does the same for me.