Looking for your best salmon recipes

Options
angieroo2
angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
I usually bake my salmon with some butter/margarine and lemon. What are some other good and of course healthy recipes for salmon?

ETA: I can't use a barbeque.

Replies

• mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try substituting olive oil for the butter and use garlic & herb Mrs. Dash along with the lemon for some more seasoning.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We do our salmon on the grill, in a foil boat. We add a little seasoning salt. For something different we add chili powder, its really yummy! This we serve with grilled asparagus and a baked (micro) sweet potato!
  • webdaughter
    webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I saute my salmon on a pan on my stove top. Honestly with the healthy fat in the salmon you don't need much in the pan to keep it from sticking. I usually just spray the pain with olive oil cooking spray and then use a little bit of lemon juice. Put in skin side down , cook for a couple of minutes, flip and cook for a couple more minutes. I tend to like my salmon on the rare side so that works for me. Also if you cook it with skin on, it peels off super easy!
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I do it on the George Foreman, then sprinkle with seasoning.

I've also done it in foil with veggies or labne on top
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just got a little inside grill thingy for my birthday and grilled some last week. Usually I season it with a mesquite seasoning mix, smokehouse maple seasoning mix, or just plain salt and pepper.
  • angieroo2
    Options
    I do it on the George Foreman, then sprinkle with seasoning.

I've also done it in foil with veggies or labne on top

What is labne?
  • TheDominicanDiva
    TheDominicanDiva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First I season with lemon juice, oregano and chef merlitos .I also saute some garlic with olive oil in a pot.Then you add salmon.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sheet of tinfoil sprinkle with chopped onion and fresh fennel curl up
    Sides to form a boat shape add 2-3 fl oz white wine salt and black pepper
    Bring foil sides together and seal bake on a tray in hot oven 10-12 min
  • olivewalnut
    olivewalnut Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    a bit of salt and pepper, lemon slices on top, wrap in parchment paper, put in oven @ 400' for 10 minutes and you get perfectly cooked salmon every time!
    so simple but so good! works for any kind of fish. we also add in sliced peppers with the fish sometimes
  • katie190177
    katie190177 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My favorite salmon recipe is baked in the oven with pepper and real garlic on it while it's baking. Then 4-5 mins before it's ready i put a little drizzle of E.D. Smith no sugar added maple syrup (30 cals/tbsp) and it's soooo good!
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    one i use when I am pressed for time.. I got this McCormik smokehouse maple seasoning.. I sprinkle a little of that on a fillet then sear it in a pan.. adds a wonderful flavor to the fish...
  • angieroo2
    Options
    I tried garlic and maple syrup. Delish. I will enjoy my lunch tomorrow!
  • HannahTurbo
    Options
    My favorite is Dill Salmon
    I use a bit of olive oil, garlic (either fresh or powdered), salt and pepper to taste and then I cover it in dill weed (but then I love dill weed).
    then I bake it!
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We cover ours in chalula Hit sauce. We put it under the broiler in a foil tent for 29 min. We then open it up and blacken it for 10-20 min. Weekly favorite! My kids ask for more:)
  • AlishaLStevens
    Options
    I made salmon patties tonight for a high protein/ low carb meal. Yum!

Salmon Patties
    1 pouch Chicken of the Sea salmon
    1 beaten egg
    1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
    2 Tbsp bread crumbs
    2 Tbsp finely chopped onion

Make into 2-3 patties. Heat in skillet sprayed with Pam. Heat until cooked through, turning over once in pan.

Salsa Salmon
    spray a foil square with Pam, Put a salmon steak in the middle, pour 3 tbsp of salsa on top; Close up foil tight and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes (or until flakey- depends on thickness of salmon steak) Easy and delish!!
  • deestew58
    deestew58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bake with horseradish and bread crumbs
  • Msutch
    Msutch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like my salmon baked, rubbed down with a little sea salt and crushed pepper corn, a very very very light drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkle of smoked peprika, then a layer of Walden Farms calorie free apricot spread, sometimes I throw a sprinkle of sliced almonds on at the last few mins to get toasted OR cayenne pepper, I love heat and sweet. Goes well with steamed asparagus with excessive amounts of fresh garlic that I cook on very low in a tsp of olive oil or butter until it really becomes aromatic, a light splash of lemon juice optional. And brown rice.
  • deestew58
    deestew58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    does anybody know if MFP list tried and true recipes?:ohwell:
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    South Beach has a great recipie: broil w/ olive oil, lemon, garlic, and rosemary. Yum!
  • SaraEllie80
    SaraEllie80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Orange Glazed Salmon -- super yummy!

3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
    1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
    1 tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar (*brown sugar splenda works here)
    Juice and Zest of half an Orange
    4 Fresh Skinless Salmon Fillets
    Olive Oil for pan

In a small dish; whisk together soy sauce, sesame seed oil, dark brown sugar, zest and juice until sugar dissolves. Pour marinade/ glaze over top of the salmon fillets. Toss the salmon until nicely coated and let marinate for 15-20 minutes on the counter top. Meanwhile preheat the broiler.

Once marinated place the salmon on a lightly oiled and foil lined sheet pan and discard used marinade. Place salmon under the broiler and cook for 4-6 minutes, turn and repeat for another 4-6 minutes or until salmon is fully cooked and flakes.