Yay, I'm in a horrible mood already. And it's not even 8am.

Options
Can someone explain to me why I went up in weight again…? This stupid thing won’t go away. I was 137lbs on the 17th and now I’m back to 140….

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/conniie :( Please some one just look at it and try and help me

Replies

• twinmom1993
    twinmom1993 Posts: 52
    Options
    Connie, keep your head up... water is probally your culprit.... just drink plenty of fluids and stay positive... Im sure u can get back to 137!!!! :) try not to eat after 8pm.....
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    arruuggh I always forget to mention that i drink 2litres a day silly me!
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Im just guessing here, but id say 1. you are waiting too long to start eating during the day. You may think you are making headway by avoiding food as long as you can but the reverse is true. and 2. since you are eating later at night from having waited so long to eat youre likely weighing yourself on a fuller stomach as opposed to an emptier one.

Finally 900+ calories a day is insanity. At an absolute bare minimum you should be eating 1400 to 1600. anything less might seem like a faster way to reach your goals, but it will fail ultimately.

Eat more.
    Start eating it when you begin your day.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I also gain weight when eat less then 1000 calories Always Even if exercise like crazy. Body is saving for future
  • conniie
    Options
    Im just guessing here, but id say 1. you are waiting too long to start eating during the day. You may think you are making headway by avoiding food as long as you can but the reverse is true. and 2. since you are eating later at night from having waited so long to eat youre likely weighing yourself on a fuller stomach as opposed to an emptier one.

Finally 900+ calories a day is insanity. At an absolute bare minimum you should be eating 1400 to 1600. anything less might seem like a faster way to reach your goals, but it will fail ultimately.

Eat more.

1. I'm not waiting to long, I get up at that time :(. 2. Maybe, sometimes I do eat late. 3. Did you read my other logs? I'm eating 1,200+
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Eat more.

1. I'm not waiting to long, I get up at that time :(. 2. Maybe, sometimes I do eat late. 3. Did you read my other logs? I'm eating 1,200+

I just went back a week and if you think you're eating over 1200 you're kidding yourself. I saw a couple of 800's in there. There is no way you are eating enough. I think twice you got above 1200 and it wasn't nearly high enough. Like the above poster said you should be eating AT LEAST 1400, what's your BMR?
  • joeq722
    Options
    Nope, I wouldnt know those were your hours and I only looked at your last two diaries.
    I figured two days in a row says something about habits.

Then the later eating could be the reason.
  • BigAardvaark
    Options
    Went back a couple of weeks in your diary, the 1200+ days you mention are almost non-existent. You're starving. There was a day where you ate an egg and a pork chop. All day, 500 cals.

Please eat more food. You will initially put weight ON but don't worry, it will start coming off again once your body has stopped thinking your throat's been cut......
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    you're not eating enough.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    What time you eat means nothing, plenty of people have success with intermittent fasting which means though they get up at a "normal" time they don't eat til say noon ot 2pm - depending on their fasting window.

What does matter is how much you eat. I don't think you are eating enough. what is your height, weight, how much exercise do you do and how intense?
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    undereeating. Really I should make a percentage of how many times this is the problem. It would probably be over 80%
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options
    The same thing happened to me i started at 252.2 ,250.8 1st week ,249.4 2nd week then it went back up to 250.8 on the 3rd week, this week lost 2.2, mine was due to water retention (swollen hands and feet), so i basically drank a ton more water and some green tea, put my feet up when i was resting and it helped.

and worked out a bit more and stuck to my net cal goal, im not eating my earned calories or trying my best not to.
  • conniie
    Options

Eat more.

I just went back a week and if you think you're eating over 1200 you're kidding yourself. I saw a couple of 800's in there. There is no way you are eating enough. I think twice you got above 1200 and it wasn't nearly high enough. Like the above poster said you should be eating AT LEAST 1400, what's your BMR?

sigh everytime I think im eating enough, im not.
    my BMR (resting metabolic rate?) : 1512
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Eat more food - eat more fruits, veggies and grains. Stop starving yourself. Stop watching the scale. Do you take measurements?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

You make eating sound like a chore. Being able to eat more is a blessing, not a curse. Food is AMAZING.

I'd say you should eat around 1600 as a minimum then, and wat back those exercise calories. If that doesn't work you can go up to 1800 and not worry.
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options
    What i did when i first began this sight is look at others diarys, and basically got some tips for protein, calories etc. and its helped , here my link so have a good look and maybe hopefully it will give you an idea, everyones diarys are different though :D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/clare401972
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Agree about the scale watching. For now, use wisdom in how often you check- because the normal fluctuations can impact
    your entire mental state right now.........

it is JUST ONE GAUGE of your progress, take measurements, pay attention to your energy level(s) and how different foods affect it,
    and if possible, a body fat monitor...
    combined, those give you
    the most accurate picture of how you're doing.

If you like things like nut butters (peanut, almond, ect).....those are easy ways to up your calories/protein
    without feeling like you have to EAT something heavy.
    Greek yogurt is good too.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options

You make eating sound like a chore. Being able to eat more is a blessing, not a curse. Food is AMAZING.

I'd say you should eat around 1600 as a minimum then, and wat back those exercise calories. If that doesn't work you can go up to 1800 and not worry.

I understand what she means. I lived the last several decades of my life fluctuating from UNDEReating to OVEReating......
    and when I started this last year,
    I found trying to eat 1200 was HARD if I ate at home and was cooking/preparing my own foods.
    Eating OUT was an entirely different story
  • conniie
    Options
    Just so everyone knows. I do NOT want to be starving myself at all. The chore thing about eating is making sure I got enough, which i thought i was :(

I'm currently in the warton weight loss clinic. (i've lost 8 pounds since Jan.) Today I don't think I'll workout. I need to get back on track with my calories.
  • joeq722
    Options
    What time you eat means nothing, plenty of people have success with intermittent fasting which means though they get up at a "normal" time they don't eat til say noon ot 2pm - depending on their fasting window.

What does matter is how much you eat. I don't think you are eating enough. what is your height, weight, how much exercise do you do and how intense?

Dunno about that. If you are saying someone on a 1600 calories diet could eat those 1600 calories at 10 pm and go to bed.
    Another person eats 4 4oo calorie meals throughout the day?

no way they lose weight at the same rate.