great breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    Belvita Breakfast biscuits with a portion of fruit, low fat yoghurt and a cuppa tea to dip the biscuits in keeps me going until lunch :happy: Yummy!
  • huntingforhipbones
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day ^_^

2 slices Waitrose Multiseeded Bread (2x65kcal)
    0.5 small avocado (I weigh mine and it always comes out as 40g) (64)
    1 tbls lime juice (8)
    1 tbls hot sauce (0)
    = 204 kcal; 22 carbs; 8 protein; 10 fat; 8 fibre; 2 sugar

1 slice Schneider Brot wholegrain rye bread (93)
    1 tsp (5g) Pure Dairy-Free Sunflower spread (30)
    2 hard-boiled egg whites (2x17)
    = 157 kcal; 18 carbs; 11 protein; 4 fat; 4 fibre; 1 sugar

And the obligatory and excellent porridge! I like mine with soya milk, fruit (on sugar treat days), and melted sugar-free caramels! Mmm. :)
  • huntingforhipbones
    Options
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 or 2 splenda packets
    1 espresso shot
    1/3 cup steamed skim milk
    2 tbsp dry instant oatmeal

mix everything up in a bowl, pop in the microwave for 25 seconds at high, let cool

top with blueberries

it's chewy, rich, and chocolatey! :D (and under 100 calories!)

And this is why you're an awesome friend ^_^
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    slice of sprouted bread, sliced chicken breast, salsa, jalapeno jack. yum.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of cream of brown rice cereal
    1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1 packet of stevia
    2 tbsp of ground flax seeds

After heavy workout, add a pint of raspberries!!

Juice of Half lemon with a slice of ginger with hot water made as tea (daily morning drink to boost metabolism)
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    that oatmeal sounds great!

I've been doing Shakeology for breakfast, but when I have actual food my favorite is:

Fiber 1 English Muffin Toasted
    1 slice Canadian Bacon
    Egg (I do mine in a non stick skillet, with the smallest amount of butter so I can be sure it doesnt stick and do a fried egg)
    a tsp of pesto
    Arugula

sooooo yummy and comes in under 300 cals!
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    yum love oatmeal! I had caramel vanilla creme coffee with natural bliss vanilla creamer and the (new at my grocery store) Egg Beaters Garden Veggie ( IM OBSESSEDD!) made into a patty in the microwave with 1 slice of cheese a sprinkle of Bac'n Pieces on a 100 calorie sandwich thin. My 3 year old also spoon fed me some peanut butter while we made his sandwich lol
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    40 grams oats, 1 whole egg, 4-5 egg whites, quarter a chopped apple or banana, dash of cinnamon. Leave in fridge overnight, cook like a pancake :)

Going to be trying this!

Some great ideas here, breakfast is my favourite meal I am always starving in the morning!

I usually have oatmeal with pnb, fruit & Greek yogurt, if I have more time eggs in some form or other.
  • Montanarush
    Montanarush Posts: 76
    Options
    No way am I eating egg whites and skim milk and all that meaningless "diet food"- it's stuff like that , that makes a "diet" so hard to stay on. And all those carbs...no way! To each his own, but I eat 2 eggs fried in bacon grease, 3 strips of bacon, 2 slices of tomato, chopped green pepper, onion, and jalapenos and about a third cup of shredded cheddar, colby or jack cheese. It comes out to around 500 calories a day, full of protein, satiates that need to eat for a long time. I have to make myself eat lunch. I go to the gym 6 days a week, lift weights 4 or 5 days a week, ride the recumbent bike 3 or 4 times a week. I average 1500 cal. a day, 2000 on weekends. Diets suck!! You have to find a "lifestyle change" that you can live with, or the "diet" won't last long. And for all those who think that I'm eating un-healthy, I have my blood work done every 6 mos.-my cholesterol is normal or below, my blood pressure is normal, my blood sugar is normal, my good cholesterol is good. I only take in 50-75g of carbohydrates a day, about 100g of fat and 100-120g of protein, and I am losing 3-4 lbs a week. And I am not challenging anyone else' diet wisdom, just putting my take on it out there. maybe it will help some one, maybe not. Good luck and much success to all of you!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have a fryup nearly every day! One potato about 100grams, slice it up into about 4-6 slices, microwave it. Heat a non-stick pan with some canola spray, fry the potato slices, also cut up a decent sized tomato, slice it up, add that to the pan, fry so it goes dark and soft. Two eggs, fry them, flip everything over to fry the other side. If I know I am not having a lot of fat that day, I sometimes add a tiny knob of butter, it spreads all over, and gives that lovely buttery taste for few calories. Lots of black pepper.

I started eating this nearly every day when someone suggested that a high protein breakfast will help burn calories and kickstart my metabolism - it works. I love it. I have potato because that is better than toast / bread - much lower in sodium.

Black coffee no sugar and I am good for hours!:smile:
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    Simple -- 100 or 200 grams of Strawberries.

50 or 100 grams of Fromage Blanc.

Gallons of Coffee ...........
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled on a good one this morning:

1/2 c. nonfat vanilla yogurt
    ~4 oz. fresh blueberries
    1/3 c. Trader Joe's Ginger Almond Cashew Granola

Mix and eat!
  • virtuess1
    virtuess1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy and filling! how many calories?
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ok now I'm hungry ... going to go find something to eat, slept in this morning ... Woke up at 3 and couldnt fall back to sleep til about 5
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, scrambled, splashed with Franks
    5 slices Maple Leaf Ready crisp bacon
    2 slices 100% whole wheat toast with Buttery Becel
    Nabob Tassimo 100% Columbian Coffee with Splenda

Delicious 500 calories!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No way am I eating egg whites and skim milk and all that meaningless "diet food"- it's stuff like that , that makes a "diet" so hard to stay on. And all those carbs...no way! To each his own, but I eat 2 eggs fried in bacon grease, 3 strips of bacon, 2 slices of tomato, chopped green pepper, onion, and jalapenos and about a third cup of shredded cheddar, colby or jack cheese. It comes out to around 500 calories a day, full of protein, satiates that need to eat for a long time. I have to make myself eat lunch. I go to the gym 6 days a week, lift weights 4 or 5 days a week, ride the recumbent bike 3 or 4 times a week. I average 1500 cal. a day, 2000 on weekends. Diets suck!! You have to find a "lifestyle change" that you can live with, or the "diet" won't last long. And for all those who think that I'm eating un-healthy, I have my blood work done every 6 mos.-my cholesterol is normal or below, my blood pressure is normal, my blood sugar is normal, my good cholesterol is good. I only take in 50-75g of carbohydrates a day, about 100g of fat and 100-120g of protein, and I am losing 3-4 lbs a week. And I am not challenging anyone else' diet wisdom, just putting my take on it out there. maybe it will help some one, maybe not. Good luck and much success to all of you!

yep been there done that. i ate that way and lost about 40 pounds then it just stopped working. so just a heads up. i find a good balance of getting in protein and good whole grain carbs with some healthy fats to be a good mix. yep there are some great yummy carbless meals but i just didn't find it something i could sustain for the rest of my life.

what i had for breakfast this morning

better oats maple and brown sugar oatmeal
    +
    Two fried eggs in a tiny bit of butter
    +
    an english muffin with a tablespoon of natural unsalted, no sugar peanut butter (straight peanuts ground)
    +
    2 cups of coffee with caramel machiato creamer

550 calories

YUMM!! and I am nice and full and there was NOTHING diet about what I ate.

To each his own I suppose
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Today I had this:
    http://thefeedingdoctor.com/blog/2009/09/13/easy-quiche-or-cheesey-bacon-pie-2/

I used Organic Turkey Bacon, Gouda Cheese instead of Jarlsburg, Fat Free Evaporated Milk, Spelt flour pie crust and added a whole cup of broccoli.

YUM.

Most days I have peanut butter toast, oatmeal with raisins, luna bars or scrambled eggs and fruit....
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Toasted english muffin, low fat cream cheese, smoked salmon. thin slice vidalia onion and a thick slice of tomato.....
    Heaven.

This sounds delicious, filling and satisfying:love:
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled on a good one this morning:

1/2 c. nonfat vanilla yogurt
    ~4 oz. fresh blueberries
    1/3 c. Trader Joe's Ginger Almond Cashew Granola

Mix and eat!

258 calories per my food log.