What do you tell people...

Options
12346»

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I went to dinner with my sis not too long ago and I researched a lil before I went and was able to find that a very good tasting entree was only 600 cals (consisted of shrimp and steak, both of which I love!) a lil higher on the sodium but, pretty good overall. She didn't even notice that I was eating healthy because, even tho I was, it looked so good that it seemed as tho I just ordered something at random :)
  • lucy0326
    lucy0326 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get this from my family when I'm out with them, especially my mom. I've been over weight my whole life and to her me not eating like I use to just makes her think I'm starving myself. My sister says Im obsessed with Mfp because Im always on it logging my food or exercise, but I dont pay just attention to her. Just find a way to let it go, but if they keep on nagging I would find some new ppl to hang out with. They should be happy that you're being healthy not complaining about it!
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I tell them the doctor told me to eat like this (which is true). If I were feeling mean, I would say, "Because I don't want to look like you."
  • LovetheNewMe
    LovetheNewMe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I gave up explaining to others why I chose to eat the way I do, I think my weight loss speaks for it self. I sometimes want to say to others, have you looked in the mirror lately and if you had maybe you would chose more wisely. I am very chosey these days what I put into my body. i believe we do this for ourselves and no one else. If I had of continued to eat like I used to I would have seriously topped the scales at over 300 lbs.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    So let's say you listen to them and eat something else -- you'll be miserable and have to work it off, while they go off without thinking twice about it! What kind of friends are those?
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The comments will stop. Eventually people will never remember that you didn't always eat healthy. Eating healthy is the minority. Unhealthy people genuinely don't understand.

Except for the first part of the comment, I must whole-heartedly agree. Will the comments ever stop... not likely ... at least not totally. Of course you could always turn the tables and say... do you REALLY need that third helping of cake there? I mean you look like a walking heart attack now... ;-)
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've got a policy of not hurting people's feelings... If they offer more than once, I usually accept the cake, cookies, whatever, take one reasonable bite, praise it, thank them, and put it down.

As for those commenting on my order, I just shrug and say something like "This looks good today. Maybe next time I'll get whatever."
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    TBH, when I'm out with friends I usually allow myself a indulgence meal.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    If being obsessed is working out, eating right, losing weight in a healthy way that will prolong my life, make me feel good about myself and I a determined to stay on track. Then sign me up! I am officially obsessed.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago, I was getting my sometimes usual side salad and smoothie from McDonald's for lunch & the lady asked if I wanted croutons...I said, "No, thanks." and she said "Oh come on...you gotta have some croutons" or something like that...and I said "I didn't lose 30 pounds by eating croutons" and she totally changed her tone and said "wow. congratulations!"