I don't lose any weight!!!

Options
so guys I need some help here!!
I work hard 4 times a week and I eat right as possible. but I didn't lose any weight or even 1 inch since 4 months.
HELP!!!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So how much were you eating per day, how tall and light are you, what's your goal ?
  • carlbrice
    carlbrice Posts: 1
    Options
    Cravingskinny,

Yarwell has a point, you've got to start with your height and weight to see what's your daily goal for calories. Also, just because you stay within your goal, it doesn't mean that you're good to go. You still have to monitor sugars and carbs. Not that you can't eat them, but WHEN you eat them. I shoot for mid afternoon as my limit for anything sweet. After 3-4 pm, I try to stay away from sugars (maybe a fruit every once in a while). Those are things to keep in mind.
    I went to a nutritionist and we set a 2000-2200 cal goal. She suggested that to keep my metabolism at a higher pace, that I try to have four 500 cal meals instead of three big ones. Also that skipping a meal is a huge no-no because it causes your metabolism to go the opposite way and slow down too much.
    Just some ideas for you to ponder.

Oh, and be patient, and stick with it. It took me a couple of months (about 10 weeks), but once the weight started going away, the improvements were basically daily. Everyone is different, but patience is always a good thing to have.

Good luck.
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat for 900 cal per day, I'm 148 cm and my goal is 44 kg :) any help?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Why 900 calories? MFP minimum is 1200.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Keep going. Mine was slow at first too. I haven't lost much in inches, but the scale eventually followed. It's taken me almost a year to drop 40 lbs and I've only gone down one size. And yes, don't just look at your calories, be sure to pay attention to sugars, carbs, protein, fiber, etc...AND drink water!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now? Your goal of 97 pounds is very low and potentially unhealthy.

You are not eating enough. 900 calories isn't enough to fuel your body. You need to eat at the very minimum 1200.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I eat for 900 cal per day, I'm 148 cm and my goal is 44 kg :) any help?

That is way 2 little. You need at least 1200 NET calories a day. I would say prob more like 1500-1700 a day for what your doing. Your body is in starvation mode
  • Smuterella
    Options
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now? Your goal of 97 pounds is very low and potentially unhealthy.

You are not eating enough. 900 calories isn't enough to fuel your body. You need to eat at the very minimum 1200.

While I agree, the calories are WAY too low, if she is 148cm that would make the OP about 4'10"--so 97 lbs would actually be a healthy weight for her height. But yes girl, eat more. Eat at least 1200 calories a day. I eat a minimum of 1400 and I've been losing steadily since late January. Food is your friend (when you're eating nutritious foods in the right quantities)!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    OP: go check out the "eat more weight less" group for ideas? At least listen to the youtube channel and see if its something for you.
  • manasunshine
    manasunshine Posts: 130
    Options
    you dont need to lose weight ,you need help otherwise
    *shrugs*
  • Smuterella
    Options
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Ok, you're 4' 10" and your goal is 97 lbs but you don't mention your current weight.

900 calories is far too low for anyone. Even if you were at your goal weight that isn't enough.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I hit almost my halfway point and the scale just froze! I am not giving up though but its a little discouraging!!:frown:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    cant see your diary.
  • lcpurser
    lcpurser Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Up your cals and you will see the weight fall off. I eat 1600-2000 cals a day have lost 25 lbs in 4 months. But I am 5'7, so your needs will be much different. Try going up to 1200 and see what happens. If still nothing, try 1400. You have to feed your body or any weight you DO eventually lose will be lean body mass and not fat.
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    Can you make your diary public? It is hard to help without seeing it.
  • cravingskinnybody
    Options
    I just made my diary puplic. but I guess there are some days when I don't count cal cause i eat veggies these days.
  • cravingskinnybody
    Options
    and guys; I'm on 30 day shred.
  • jowriter
    jowriter Posts: 4
    Options
    I would agree with several of these individuals...right now I am on 1400 cal a day and am seeing results (only two weeks in so we'll see). What I used to do was try to eat as little as possible...your body will go into a safe mode and not lose much because it is trying to hold onto what you have - you won't lose weight this way. If you haven't I would talk to a nutritionist so they can help you figure out what is best for your specific goal, they've helped me and put me on MFP.