This tip by Jillian Michaels killed my plateau

Options

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's only for 3 days!
    Indeed. I would have some almonds instead ;-)
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Anyway :) Take it or leave it. If you use this tip and it works for you, pay it forward!
  • EllieNewOrleans
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this..i have been at a plateau for too long.I will try this for sure !!!!!!!

Good Luck everyone :))))
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This fruit salad is over 700 calories but only like 1 gram of fat, something like 9 protein... there's sugar but it's okay unless you're diabetic.

There's 164g of sugar, wow I can feel my pancreas limbering up at the very thought of it - that's a week's worth for me !

i suspect the actual key in the OP is the bit about calorie creep.
    164grams? That's quite a bit. And yeah, like a weeks worth for me.
  • taylorblues
    taylorblues Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting - think i need to watch my sodium - not tracked it so far but will start now!
  • emjeter
    emjeter Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great advice on the sodium too!
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Must try
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Anyway :) Take it or leave it. If you use this tip and it works for you, pay it forward!

yep, the portion control bit is worth reinforcing.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I found this last week after I googled "How to break through a plateau". I did it and now I'm losing weight again.
    1. Eat more: Ninety percent of the time plateaus are caused by your body’s survival mechanism of protecting against famine, which is triggered by calorie reduction. The best way to fix this quickly is to give your body a little more food so it feels secure. Varying your calorie intake is my best advice for keeping your body from plateauing: For the next three days vary your calorie intake between 1,800 and 2,400 calories. I know this may sound crazy, but trust me…I know what I’m doing. Then, after three days, drop back down to the calorie allowance that I have set for you through this program.

2. Reduce your sodium and DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Keep your sodium under 1,500 mg a day at most for as long as you can manage. You can achieve this in part by cutting all processed food out of your diet for two weeks.

I promise you that if you follow these tips to the letter, your plateau will be shattered by the end of week 2!

Another site warns of "calorie creep"... your portions and servings getting to be more and larger over time.... they were right.

Thanks for this posting. I am hitting another plateau. I broke my last plateau with increasing my calories. My next course of action is the zig-zagging methodology.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    Great advice! Thanks!!! When the time comes that I hit a plateau, I will know what to do. :bigsmile:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump this
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Bump