Where do you draw the line with flirting?

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stay with someone that was openly flirting with others. I think you deserve better. :smile:

Yeah, this. You told him it hurt you yet he still does it.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Dump him, but first start telling him how big other guys penis's are; say "even bigger than yours!"
    See how he likes it!!!

Hahah! I love it!!!
  • SuperSneaky
    SuperSneaky Posts: 43
    Options
    My rule of thumb for "cheating" has really been anything I wouldn't want to do right in front of my spouse, including seemingly harmless flirting e-mails.

This guy takes the douchenozzle cake. He does it right in front of you!
  • TriciaMcLink
    TriciaMcLink Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You deserve to be with someone who thinks you are beautiful even when you in sweatpants, no makeup, and just rolled out of bed. Show him the door.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    He doesn't care. He's an immature boy. He's a jerk. Respect yourself enough to dump the guy, you (and every other woman) deserves better. He has a lot of growing up to do yet.
  • driaxx
    Options
    "A Boy makes his girl jealous of other women, a MAN makes other women jealous of his Girl!" :wink:

Sounds like you need to ditch the boy and find a man!

Love it, its so cute haha

I agree!

You guys are the greatest, you remind me that its possible for a guy to have a heart!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Guy sounds legit to me.

pinkie_pie_approved_by_ambris-d4brtm4.png
  • Manrahan
    Manrahan Posts: 40
    Options
    You get to live an MFP dream right now, and drop more than a hundred pounds overnight. Don't put up with a-holes, ladies.
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with every one else.. SERIOUSLY He's a Douche Bag.. You don't ever let a man (or rather, boy) treat you like that, sweetie..
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Dump him, but first start telling him how big other guys penis's are; say "even bigger than yours!"
    See how he likes it!!!

^^^ This :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Why do people make these threads?

Then you have all these people chiming in go...Dump him...

He doesn't get a chance to speak or say what is the truth or lie in the OP's Statements....

*sigh*
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Run, run fast and dump his *kitten*.
    You're not being stupid or paranoid; he's being rude, inconsiderate, and doesn't deserve you or ANYBODY!
  • Manrahan
    Manrahan Posts: 40
    Options

He doesn't get a chance to speak or say what is the truth or lie in the OP's Statements....

*sigh*

If she's telling the truth, the folks are right. And if it were to turn out instead that she's just pyscho-jealous, then the folks are doing *him* a favor without knowing it. Win/win eh? :)
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    a little harmless flirting can be fun, makes you smile. but there is such a thing as crossing a line.

That being said you need to speak to him. Maybe he simply isn't ready to make the commitment your looking for which is okay he's allowed to not be ready. Doesn't necessarily make him a douche. People grow and mature at different rates. Maybe he's not at your level.

Either way speak to HIM...ultimately it will be up to the two of you to find a happy medium in which you can live with if not.. There are other fish in the sea.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    it hurts to know that he's that selfish that he doesn't CARE if he hurts my feelings to begin with.

I don't know if I'm over reacting or if it's okay or not that he's acting this way towards other girls, particularly when he's hardly ever affectionate to me because he's 'been hurt before'. So HONESTLY MFP peeps, am I overreacting and being a paranoid, jealous, crazy girl - or should I be hurt? How would you handle this?

I promise I won't get upset if you call me crazy, we're girls - we're supposed to be, right? Lol!

1. He doesn't care.
    +
    2. He uses the oh put up with me please because I've been hurt before line.
    =
    3. He's emotionally abusive to you.

Leave, girlfriend, leave via running and don't look back and you'll thank yourself later.

Best wishes to you.
  • driaxx
    Options

*sigh*

If she's telling the truth, the folks are right. And if it were to turn out instead that she's just pyscho-jealous, then the folks are doing *him* a favor without knowing it. Win/win eh? :)

lol this is true! Win-win either way. But I mean that's the thing, maybe in someone else's context a bit of harmless flirting IS fine - that's why I want advice!
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options

*sigh*

Smart Man. (See if he's single, honey :wink:)
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Run
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Ditch him. Soooo not worth it
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    That is unacceptable; please get out of the relationship. It made you uncomfortable (and for good reason!) and he didn't even care. I know since this is your first relationship maybe you think this kind of thing is normal, but you deserve so much better. Trust me on this one. My first relationship the guy treated me basically the same way, was always comparing me to his ex girlfriends, etc. and made me feel like crap half the time. But he was a great bf the other half of the time and I convinced myself that was just life and I should stay with him. After a year he broke up with me. I started dating other people and realized how terrible he was for me all along. Get out now!