Lowest calorie drinks to order at the bar?

Options

Replies

• artisticappetite
    Options
    Very helpful tips everyone, thank you and keep them coming!
  • suaku
    suaku Posts: 45
    Options
    My drink of choice is Coors Light (102 calories/12 oz.).

Mixer caution: soda water has 0 calories, but tonic water (as in "gin and tonic") has about 80 calories/8 oz! But, Schweppes and others *do* make zero-calorie diet tonic water, but almost no bars will have it.

Mixer caution #2: avoid drinks with cranberry juice -- it has 120 calories/8 oz (in contrast, Coca Cola has only 100 calories/8 oz. and less sugar than regular cranberry juice).

Mixer caution #3: avoid orange juice (110 calories/8 oz.).
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    shots, but since its your birthday i recomend at least 1 irish car bomb:drinker:also a flaming dr pepper:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can order this at a bar, but my go-to drink for parties is vodka (or rum) with Crystal Light. You seriously can't taste the alcohol AT ALL (so be careful). It's delicious and low calorie.

OMG that's so smart!
  • Nicki801
    Nicki801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    if you just put little crystal light packets in your purse you can add them yourself to your drink so if you get vodka and water just add your packet and your set
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    The bottled Skinny Girl Margarita is awesome! It's agave tequila and super tasty. As for the bar I get rum and diet coke, or gin & soda. Red wine is great too if you're out for dinner.

All genuine tequila is agave tequila. That's where it comes from - tequila is distilled, fermented agave juice. Saying "agave tequila" is like saying "cow beef." The difference between that stuff and any other margarita is going to be found in the sour mix, and I imagine the basic difference is zero-calorie sweetener instead of sugar.

I'm just posting to point that out as well as bookmark this thread for later; my 21st is coming up soon as well, haha.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    if you just put little crystal light packets in your purse you can add them yourself to your drink so if you get vodka and water just add your packet and your set

Putting the Crystal Lights in your purse.... THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!!! :flowerforyou:

I've been drink a new mixer this weekend that I got off of Miranda Lambert's article in SELF magazine. Bacardi Limon ~ Sprite Zero ~ Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade..... My husband even likes these tasty "Randa~Rita's"!! Roughly 40 calories for a small drink -with 1/2 a shot. If you have a full shot in the drink it would be round 80 calories per beverage. :drinker:
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump, this is useful
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    I haven't read ALL replies but Vodka, Whiskey,Rum etc IS NOT low cal. 60-80 cal for 1 oz. Probably not terrible if you have one and depending on what you mix it with but the higher the proof, the more calories. Best bet is light beer or wine, although I will agree it's not as exciting!
  • amymaegan
    amymaegan Posts: 13
    Options
    I haven't read ALL replies but Vodka, Whiskey,Rum etc IS NOT low cal. 60-70 cal for 1 oz. How big are those drinks? I would assume 8oz at least! Best bet is light beer or wine, although I will agree it's not as exciting!

the drinks are 8 ozs, yes, but you're probably only getting a 1 oz shot of alcohol in them, if not less considering how cheap most bars are.

drinking is probably the biggest hinderance to my weightloss. i live in orlando and go out to see my friends playing shows all the time, so i'm out drinking 3 or 4 times a week. i SWEAR by vodka soda lime. you can even tell them to give you lots of limes and it'll just taste like soda water and limes. as far as beer goes, there's SO many extra calories in that, and by the time you start feeling the effects of light beers you've already consumed more than you would've if it was a regular beer so that cancels out. there is the new budlight platinum though that has less cals and a higher alcohol content ;)

steer clear of flavored vodkas, that has nothing but sugar!
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    I haven't read ALL replies but Vodka, Whiskey,Rum etc IS NOT low cal. 60-70 cal for 1 oz. How big are those drinks? I would assume 8oz at least! Best bet is light beer or wine, although I will agree it's not as exciting!

the drinks are 8 ozs, yes, but you're probably only getting a 1 oz shot of alcohol in them, if not less considering how cheap most bars are.

drinking is probably the biggest hinderance to my weightloss. i live in orlando and go out to see my friends playing shows all the time, so i'm out drinking 3 or 4 times a week. i SWEAR by vodka soda lime. you can even tell them to give you lots of limes and it'll just taste like soda water and limes. as far as beer goes, there's SO many extra calories in that, and by the time you start feeling the effects of light beers you've already consumed more than you would've if it was a regular beer so that cancels out. there is the new budlight platinum though that has less cals and a higher alcohol content ;)

steer clear of flavored vodkas, that has nothing but sugar!

I'm biased, The bartenders in my area are generous.... That's all, probably 2 oz plus whatever you're mixing with lots of cals in the girly drinks around here.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

We told a friend of mine this little secret, but she missed the 'water' part of the equation. We had no idea how she was so drunk until someone caught her dumping about 5oz of straight vodka in her glass, followed by enough of the crystal light mix the mask the flavor. Don't do that!!

I personally like to stick with red wine or a shot mixed with diet soda.
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary. its like a snack.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump...this is what killed my Cal's this week. My fav drink being jagermeister :(
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic! It's 56cal for a single and 112 for a double :)
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My go to drink is vodka, soda water and EXTRA lemon! it's about 85 calories
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A lot of bars serve "Skinny" margaritas and such now. I usually go with either rum & diet or vodka & cranberry juice, of course the cranberry juice has a lot of sugar but at least it has some good properties :)
  • Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can order this at a bar, but my go-to drink for parties is vodka (or rum) with Crystal Light. You seriously can't taste the alcohol AT ALL (so be careful). It's delicious and low calorie.

OMG that's so smart!

If you take one of the crystal light packets and order a glass of water and a shot of whatever alcohol you want to mix in, you can have this in a bar :wink:
  • artisticappetite
    Options
    shots, but since its your birthday i recomend at least 1 irish car bomb:drinker:also a flaming dr pepper:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I had 3 irish carbombs on my birthday, they were pretty great, also had my first lemon drop, probably my favorite of the night. Sadly, I didn't get to partake in any flaming drinks :(