Just curious...

Options

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Pedophiles are not monster but evolved because mating sooner means more kids with your genes
    Serial killers exist because it was a good thing to have to pass on your dna.
    No evil, No devil just evolution

WOW! Just wow! Surely you don't believe all that, do you?

Pedophiles are not monsters?
    Serial killers - that's a good thing?

I know you're kidding...or are you?
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    Pedophiles are not monster but evolved because mating sooner means more kids with your genes

WOW! Just wow! Surely you don't believe all that, do you?

Pedophiles are not monsters?
    Serial killers - that's a good thing?

I know you're kidding...or are you?
    I mean as a species
    Until we accept it as a natural part of humans we will never fix the problem.

What they do to children is horrible, What serial killers do is horrible but
    Its only natural, they are people just like me and you with kids, mothers fathers.
    Its not there upbringing, they are not born with the devil in them its just one fo those little things evolution does.
    until we allow dna testing and modification of babies before birth we will always have this problem.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Run away from this thread as fast as you can!! LOL These kind of threads don't last long and they bring out the ugly in folks.

As much as I'd like to comment ...... I won't. Good luck though!

What she said...plus they're against forum rules.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    I actually don't think anyone has gotten ugly or rude, people have so far just shared their opinions and have actually helped me see the other side of my own opinion! I don't see how a simple question of opinion is against forum rules, I didn't ask anyone to defend their religion or anything of the sort, I just asked for opinions. And I thank everyone who has offered theirs.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Its amazing to me people can even think god guides them or even listens.

If god is all powerful and everything that goes wrong is gods will. Why are religious people so self obsessed that they think god will change his plan for you ?

Also why does he hate anyone born in a 3rd world country.

We need to get over the idea before we can sort the world out

^^that is funny! if WE were to figure it all out we be in more of a mess than we already are!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Man is a mess without God. and even with God, man is a mess!!!! Besides, if you don't believe, then why in the world are you blaming HIM if you don't believe HE is??!?!?!?!?

Im just talking as if he did exist.
    Religion was nice it kept us going but really we have passed god.
    Im all for people having coping mechanisms for the fact we have no purpose in this world.
    but its starting to get in the way of things, At some point we need to grow up as a species and get over religion.
    No punishment, No right no wrong

homosexuality is just slight bugger up in the brain, most animals have homosexual tendancies.

When we can get past this and accept it we can move on

Look at that, 21yrs old and he's got it all figured out.

Or not.

I'm a pretty bright guy by the way...and I don't even know wth the part in bold is supposed to mean.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's called free will. We choose everything in our life and what road to take. Unfortunately we don't have a self instruction book on careers, marriage, etc etc. I do believe God already knows what will happen in our lives and hopes we will trust and believe in him and everything will fall into place. Good luck.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    It's called free will. We choose everything in our life and what road to take. Unfortunately we don't have a self instruction book on careers, marriage, etc etc. I do believe God already knows what will happen in our lives and hopes we will trust and believe in him and everything will fall into place. Good luck.

Thank you for offering your opinion! :happy: I do see what you are saying and I do agree that we choose everything in our lives and that there are also things that are out of our choice. :happy:
  • fraser112
    Options

If god is all powerful and everything that goes wrong is gods will. Why are religious people so self obsessed that they think god will change his plan for you ?

^^that is funny! if WE were to figure it all out we be in more of a mess than we already are!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Man is a mess without God. and even with God, man is a mess!!!! Besides, if you don't believe, then why in the world are you blaming HIM if you don't believe HE is??!?!?!?!?

Im all for people having coping mechanisms for the fact we have no purpose in this world.
    but its starting to get in the way of things, At some point we need to grow up as a species and get over religion.

homosexuality is just slight bugger up in the brain, most animals have homosexual tendancies.

Or not.

I'm a pretty bright guy by the way...and I don't even know wth the part in bold is supposed to mean.
    ok you have a hot wife with some good child bearing hips, i See this as a good thing. I murder you in your sleep. Take your wife and i pass on my dna. Evolution at work.

Age means nothing.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Or not.

Thank God it's not just me. I'm sure he'll clarify, because you're not the only one that can't make heads or tails of it. LOL
  • fraser112
    Options

Or not.

Thank God it's not just me. I'm sure he'll clarify, because you're not the only one that can't make heads or tails of it. LOL

Just my point above, We are semi civilised. We can go to the moon and live in large groups in a semi civil way.
    But we are just more complex animals.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Run away from this thread as fast as you can!! LOL These kind of threads don't last long and they bring out the ugly in folks.

Yup what they said ^^^^^^^^^ :bigsmile:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Or not.

I think he's referring to the law of the jungle and existentialism, but his execution come off as a little creepy.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options

Yup what they said ^^^^^^^^^ :bigsmile:

Like I have said I don't think that anyone has gotten ugly :happy: Different people have different opinions for different reasons and I am happy to see that this hasn't turned into a huge battle of religious or not religious because that is not at all how I meant it...I will admit that it may come across differently then I meant it to some people and I do apologize for that, but I do appreciate the people who have taken the time to actually read what I wrote and offer their opinions! :happy: And I am not at all insulted by those who have chosen for one reason or another to not offer their opinions, I can understand that also!
  • fraser112
    Options

Or not.

I think he's referring to the law of the jungle and existentialism, but his execution come off as a little creepy.

im just trying to point out all these things we call evil can be cured, but only if we get over religion.
    Most of these problems happen before you are born, Natural things.
    Religion blocks dna testing and such, those people are directly responsible for these things still happening.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options

Or not.

im just trying to point out all these things we call evil can be cured, but only if we get over religion.
    Religion blocks dna testing and such, those people are directly responsible for these things still happening.

I do have to say that this little side discussion has gone a little off topic from what I meant....but opinion is opinion and I don't think anyone needs to turn this into something ugly when it hasn't been so far.:happy:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hummmm. Just Thinking. I think he gives me strenght to believe that my eating habits will be better. And he gave me that last year. But thats a good question in general to ponder on. Being i was wrong recently about the ten commandments, even having bible classes. I bess have the strenght to be silent. Haaah. Thats a big question. Give me the strenght to quit smoking. Blaaaack.
    :smokin:
  • Geisha_girl
    Geisha_girl Posts: 36
    Options
    I believe that God has a plan and purpose for everyone. He know what the ending is and I believe it is up to us to make our own way there. God doesn't "make" us do anything but I think anyone who is religious knows in their heart what it is we should do.

I think the word 'religion' freaks people out. it's not scary, it's not forcing, it's free will
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Or not.

So you're saying that 'good' and 'evil' are merely social constructs representing what is and isn't socially acceptable behavior based on temporal and societal norms, but have little basis on what is natural behavior among animals in the wild due to the fact that culture has evolved and what is socially acceptable behavior in on culture could be cardinal sin in another, right? I'm hip to your jive, man.
  • fraser112
    Options

Or not.

So you're saying that 'good' and 'evil' are merely social constructs representing what is and isn't socially acceptable behavior based on temporal and societal norms, but have little basis on what is natural behavior among animals in the wild due to the fact that culture has evolved and what is socially acceptable behavior in on culture could be cardinal sin in another, right? I'm hip to your jive, man.
    Dem some fine words my man :laugh:
    Thats pretty much it lol
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think any higher power guides us personally.
    I believe there is balance in the universe and our actions change others, and other's actions change us. I believe a combination of our own choices, our brain chemistry, and the influence of others is what 'guides' us through life.