What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    We didn't have central heating, double glazing or a shower when we first moved into my old family home. My nan still had an outdoors toilet. Televisions and phones were so expensive you rented them instead of bought. The television was black and white and had tubes glowing out the back.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I used the term "floppy disk" this weekend and a highschooler looked at me like I was smoking crack. :noway:
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I read the other day that people born the year we found out who shot Mr. Burns on the Simpsons can now drive....

It also makes me sad when I watch Sister Act 2 and realize that the banner hanging at the festival at the end says 1993!!
  • annabelsmommy
    annabelsmommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid the Oldie's station played songs from the 50's, now they play songs from the 70's!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I watched Back to the Future and thought he went so far back in time. If he went back in time today... he would only go to 1982.
    :noway:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My neice has never owned a CD. All media for her has been electronic.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    When my son picked up the phone at a hotel room and thought it was broken because it made a 'funny noise.' It was the dial tone :tongue:
  • Jennchel
    Jennchel Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm the mother of an adult. I'm only 36!
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    I can relate to this list:

http://www.ketzle.com/child.html
    Child of 70's and 80's
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    The fact that kids starting high school this year were born in 1998.

The fact that 1998 was the year I graduated from high school!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I remember when 8 track tapes were the latest thing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    We had a black and white TV when I was little. I thought Big Bird was grey for the first four years of my life.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I referenced the dukes of hazzard and noone had a clue what i was talking about \m/
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The "Classic Rock" station out here now plays songs that I listed to in high school...the 90's does NOT constitute "classic rock"!!! :explode:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I know what this is:

recordadapter.jpg
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The fact that I'm reading this thread. :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When my son picked up the phone at a hotel room and thought it was broken because it made a 'funny noise.' It was the dial tone :tongue:

My grandson did something similar recently when he saw an old school land line phone for the first time. His first comment was "what is that?".
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    when i look at someones year of birth and it is after the year i graduated
    when i listen to classic rock (my fav) and any other music that comes on from my teens and early 20's
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    My kids have no idea what an 8-Track is, was, or even looks like.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    that kids born in this century have no idea what the world was like before the internet and cell phones.

Exactly!!
    They have never used a card catalog at the library, had to read a book to get facts or going to visit friends in person. :laugh:

Or know how to read a map!!

Or, you wonder why Maroon 5 made a song called "Payphone", when kids these days don't even know what a payphone is!!