What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I played Legend of Zelda on Nintendo, I can still hear the sounds of Mario jumping in and out of pipes in Super Mario Brothers. Yelling out "HADUKEN" when play fighting with my son.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Today I bought gas and it was $3.67. When I started driving, it was about $0.90! Used to get mad if I had to pay over a $1. I'm only 35, but those prices make me so OLD.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My first students now have kids of their own. :laugh:
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I know what this is:

recordadapter.jpg
    I know what that is all to well. They're usually yellow :laugh:
    Doesn't everyone know what those are?
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Tupac Shakur died 16 years ago.

i love tupac!!!

I HATE THE FACT THAT THE KIDS THAT I WAS BABYSITTING IN MY GRADE SCHOOL DAYS ARE NOW HAVE KIDS THEIR OWN >_<
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    About half of everything already posted :sad:
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I used to pay Pac Bell for my phone service...

Oh, and I remember when IBM made typewriters, and the 25 cent cheeseburger deals
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    {Nirvana Baby Photo}
    Because he is 20 now

Holy crap! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Not old. Not old. Not old. Not old. Not old. *sticks fingers in ears* Lalalalalalalalalala. Not old. Not old. Not old. Not old. Not old.

:laugh:
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I remember when gas was $0.99 a gallon, I used to play Space Invasion on Atari, and when Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica was played by a man!!!
  • eriktice
    eriktice Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I graduated high school when Terminator 2: Judgement Day came out. I also remember seeing Star Wars at the age of 4 ... and it wasn't yet labeled Episode 4!
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    another thing that makes me feel old.. when you have to scroll DOWN DOWN to get to your birth year when you register for things on line..

^^^ This!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I really wanted the "kid" that pulled up next to me at the red lights today to turn his base down on his stereo! That makes me feel old, I used to love music blaring and pumping!!
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    Several of the tiny little kids I helped teach dance to and looked up to me because I was a principle have now friended me on facebook and are going to college.

I remember them as little baby lions with tutus on their heads!
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When a local radio station had a competition between 3 DJs to play a set of three songs that are "party songs", and you had to vote for the best set. I couldn't believe the one with "Jessie's Girl" and "Piano Man" came in last place!
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The fact that i will have a 10 year graduation reunion next year. I mean, i don't usually feel old (i'm 27), but i just can't believe that it is almost 10 years since i graduated high school. I still feel like it happened yesterday...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Repeatedly not getting carded when I order drinks.

I think people are just lazy though. I am only 23 lol...
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Our first computer was an IBM for $2,000. My husband told me we would never be able to buy a computer for less. It did not have a hard drive and had one slot for the 5 1/2 floppy disk. Also... ALL my doctors are alot younger than I am!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Gas was .27 when I started driving; I have a kid closing in on 40 (!) and I don't know how the hell that happened :laugh:
  • citydwellers
    Options
    another thing that makes me feel old.. when you have to scroll DOWN DOWN to get to your birth year when you register for things on line..

^^^ This!

Absolutely, and if that isn't bad enough when you get to your birth year there are that many catagories beneath yours.....
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The fact that kids starting high school this year were born in 1998.
    So very true!!!

OMG I got married in 1998! My 20 year HS reunion is next year. This sucks. I'm going to listen to Pearl Jam's "Black" and feel sorry for myself.