What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• alikrorp225
    alikrorp225 Posts: 54
    Options
    My daughter will be a senior in high school in the fall. My middle child will be a freshman in high school. My baby just finished elementary school and is moving up to middle. It seems like yesterday that I was a senior in high school....I have to ask...WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! lol Thankfully, I can say that even when my joints creak with each step, jump, elliptical turn, or zumba move, I feel better now than I did 10 years ago. That's a good thing! ;)
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    My 7 year old son makes me feel old. The fact that people look at me in awe when I tell them that I saw Star Wars in the theater during the first run of the movie doesn't help either.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I remember when television stations when off at midnight. There was no all night TV Stations:laugh:
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I remember when Coca-Cola clothing was popular...and Guess jeans with the little zippers on the bottom...parachute pants were popular when I was in elementary school....rolled up jeans (the tighter the roll, the better) were a junior high thing (there's another one, we called it JUNIOR HIGH, not MIDDLE SCHOOL). LOL, I could go on and on and on...
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. My kids consider techno the grandfather of dubstep.

My first car was a 1980 Chevette and I had a boom box with D batteries in it because the radio didn't work.

I can remember having "party lines" where you had to share a phone line with 2 or more neighbors in the small town I grew up in. (You could actually pick up the phone and hear their conversation.)

OMG, I was debating whether certain songs were techno or dubstep with my nephew. But I don't really know the difference. I almost brought up house music, but left it alone. yikes
  • beachlover718
    Options
    We are having an 80's theme day at work on Thursday. One of my staff members was born in 1988! She barely lived in the 80's! How can possibly know how to dress like we did "back then"?!?!
    i once owned a members only jacket!

Can I borrow it, just for one day? :wink:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    :explode:

My upcoming birthday. :noway: 59!!! :sad:
    I was 19 before I got a color TV. My parents still had their black and white Zenith.
    I had a preteen crush on the Monkees singing group. :blushing:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    my 6 year old grandson thinks a corded phone is cool and likes learning to dial it (call his mom whenever he visits on it).
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    We are having an 80's theme day at work on Thursday. One of my staff members was born in 1988! She barely lived in the 80's! How can possibly know how to dress like we did "back then"?!?!

I was born in 1988 :frown:

The fact that my nephew is a senior in HS now makes me feel old!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My 30 year reunion is next year.
    People today don't remember a world before CDs.
    I was 15 when John Lennon died.. (32 years ago.? EEP!)
    I have 30 year old cocktail dresses I bought new, now considered vintage. *sigh*
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I am a Great-Aunt (or a Grand-Aunt if you prefer)

The little girl that I used to baby-sit when I was in H.S. is now 40

The first time I saw Star Wars it was in the theater and I was on a DATE.

I remember watching "Gidget", "The Flying Nun", "The Monkees" and "My Mother the Car"
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    People who can legally buy cigarettes today weren't even born when I graduated high school.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    The year I was born, the Berlin wall came down and the Internet went up.
    The year I was born, the Berlin wall WENT UP.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    that kids born in this century have no idea what the world was like before the internet and cell phones.

Exactly!!
    They have never used a card catalog at the library, had to read a book to get facts or going to visit friends in person. :laugh:

oh wow- i hadn't been to the library in at least 10 years, AT LEAST, and when i went a few years ago i walked in and couldn't find the card catalogue. I asked the librarian where it was and she was laughing her *kitten* off!!!! She's like "ummm, everything is on the computer."
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

you gonna wear flock of seagulls hair? ;)
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options

I was born in 1988 :frown:

The fact that my nephew is a senior in HS now makes me feel old!
    The fact that you were born the same year I graduated HS makes me feel very old...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. My kids consider techno the grandfather of dubstep.

My first car was a 1980 Chevette and I had a boom box with D batteries in it because the radio didn't work.

I can remember having "party lines" where you had to share a phone line with 2 or more neighbors in the small town I grew up in. (You could actually pick up the phone and hear their conversation.)

OMG, I was debating whether certain songs were techno or dubstep with my nephew. But I don't really know the difference. I almost brought up house music, but left it alone. yikes
    This just gave me a new one.

I have NO clue what "dubstep" is :laugh:
  • amysmommy116
    Options
    Knowing my younger sister is only 19 months younger than me and is getting ready to graduate from college.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Children who I babysat as a teen are now entering collage.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    the fact that i work with people who were born in the 90's...and mind you this is not fast food but oil and gas industry.