What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    1. Friends from high-school are becoming grandparents or watching kids graduate high-school.
    2. Everytime I see one of those "you must be born before today's date in "INSERT YEAR" to purchase alcohol" signs
  • ksraider
    ksraider Posts: 107
    Options
    My daughter's class when she graduates will be Class of 2021!!!
    My youngest will graduate in the the class of 2020...the same year I have my 40 year class reunion.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When kids you knew, saw them as a baby, are now graduating college and getting married.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    People who where born in the 80's can drive :)

and people born in the 80's can DRINK! well some of us!

People who were born in the early 80s are now in their early 30s.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hendrix is dead. My son is going to be 35 in August. My knees don't like me. Gas cost 35.9 cents when I started driving.
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    The fact that kids starting high school this year were born in 1998.

This.

Also, some of my friends are having 2nd children, moving into houses, having mortgages, etc.
    And here I am, moving into my parents basement with my fiance and 2 dogs. HUZZAH!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    10 year high school reunion is this November..

Mine's in September!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I graduated from my IT degree the year Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web :laugh:

Can you imagine doing an IT degree, or in fact anything, without a readily-accessible internet?

Edit: I hate the fact you can't edit badly-spelled topic headers :explode:

I listen to music with people who can ACTUALLY SANG, The Writers are Creative and Original and don't Sample: Like Aretha, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, The Supremes, Jackie Wilson, Sam Cook, ARETHA, ARETHA, ARETHA!!!
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Kurt Cobain would have been 45 this year.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have "old persons" disease..Bad Hips and knee! I look Great but when I start walking, OH MY! Great thing about that is it is soon to be fixed!
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A 4 year old kid telling me that i am old :), whatever, i gave her a mean vaccine shot... she deserved it for call me old. I am 25. come on kid :)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    That I am old enough to file for Social Security this summer, some of my grandkids are old enough to vote. On the flip side, I rocked till 2 a.m. last week to an awesome band that plays current music, and a 14 (maybe 15) year old driver wanted to drag race me (my Charger really) on main street the other day. You are only as old as you feel.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    Hmmm. My kids consider techno the grandfather of dubstep.

My first car was a 1980 Chevette and I had a boom box with D batteries in it because the radio didn't work.

I can remember having "party lines" where you had to share a phone line with 2 or more neighbors in the small town I grew up in. (You could actually pick up the phone and hear their conversation.)

We had those too and a family friend STILL has the old Rotary phone that came with those. My son had no idea ho to make a call on it! :)
  • phee03r
    phee03r Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didnt read through the thread, but Eminem's daughter Hailey is on her HIGH SCHOOL's volleyball team!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    the fact that I'm 25 and I'm a widow x
    Also the fact that I have a pension lol
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The fact I remember where I was and what I was doing the day JFK was shot.
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    Options
    The fact that I only occasionally get carded now when buying alcohol.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Another fact: the fact that i've been using the internet for the last 17 years and trying to explain to younger people how it has changed and that it wasn't always this fast and that webpages didn't look like this...

Remember playing Larry on the computer without our parents knowing on the Tandy 1000.
  • pixidust82883
    Options
    I look at 'kids' these days and despair of the future of our society.
    Agree!!!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My 20 year class reunion was last year...wish I had gone:ohwell:

Mine is next month. I can't go...