What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How about this....I became a grandma (Mimi) in April and my baby son graduates from high school Saturday. Where did the time go?
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My BFF's son is 14 and has a pic of a girl in a bikini as his screensaver. He told me he got a new phone for his birthday, and then he asked what kind of phone I had when I was 14. I said, "the kind that plugs into the wall and has a cord".

And his little sister is 12. I was babysitting the son the day she was born.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    When I go into a convenience store and see those signs that say " You must have been born before 1994 to buy tobacco and before 1991 to buy alcohol". I was already out of high school when these kids were born (and sadly, I still get a little disappointed when I don't get carded).
  • 2Grtkids
    2Grtkids Posts: 93
    Options
    I feel old when I cant tolerate teen girls.......

I was them once?! what happened?! LOL

^^^^^ This, definitely.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My 19 year old cousin asks who's James Brown, Jaleel White, and Morgan Freeman! How can she not know these people?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    In Back to the Future Marty went back 30 years to 1955, if that movie were made today he would go back to the year 1982 :noway:

Okay, now I really do feel old.... :frown:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have twins that will be able to legally drink by the end of this year.
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I feel old whenever I talk to my 16 year old niece! It felt like yesterday I was reading her bedtime stories! :sad:
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    -People that I went to High School with are now grandparents.

-All my favorite music is now considered "Classic".

-Kids that I've know since they were in diapers are getting married & having kids.

-I hate most of today's popular music.

-I don't understand why/how kids behave these days.

-Kids do/say things these days that would have gotten me back-handed/spanked/beaten with no repercussions whatsoever for them.

-Kids now have a sense of self-entitlement because everything they want is freely given, whereas everything I wanted as a kid I had to work my *ss off for.

Yep, I do in fact realize that I'm saying the exact same things that my parents & grand-parents before me have said! Totally think it is true though!

Perfect example: My husband's best friend's son (18 yrs. old!) actually said to him a few weeks ago -

"Dad, you need to go get a better job so that I can have money."

THE 18 YR. OLD KID WAS SERIOUS!!!!

Obviously, he said no. If I had disrespected my parents like that, even at the legal adult age of 18, I would have gotten back-handed across the face/beaten with a belt until I learned what respect was!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My GRANDDAUGHTER turned a year old Sunday.:noway:
    Hold on I gotta go slap my son:laugh:
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Having to accept the necessity of reading glasses.:noway:
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    The little girl I used to babysit turned 18 last week! :(
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My almost-22-year-old daugher asked me how we got directions to where we're going without the internet! I couldn't remember...LOL!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That my son is almost 33 years old:bigsmile:
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Training in "kids" (17-19 yr olds) at work and my references don't make sense to them... I'm only 9 years older then them!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    people born in the 90's can buy booze. what else is there????
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    The fact the kids have Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and a wii with a butt load of games but they say their bored! Go outside and play in the dirt.

Absolutely!!!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Some people born in the '90's can legally drink.
    lol this.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I feel old whenever I talk to my 16 year old niece! It felt like yesterday I was reading her bedtime stories! :sad:

My niece is only 2 weeks old, I hope the bedtime stories last a loooong time :(
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Actually just yesterday I was teasing the wife about taking up smoking again (quit a year ago now). I was joking about grabing a pack of Harley Davidson cigarettes and jumping into my 1978 Nova to go for a spin just like my buddies and I did when we were teenagers.

I said something like, "ah, how booring life was just a short 10 years back." Then she laughed in a rather cruel manner and said "Try 20 Einstein.". My brain was automatically doing the math as if I were still 25 instead of 35. I think I'm missing something!

1, 2 Freddy's comming for you. 3, 4 better....