Body by Vi

Options

Replies

• enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What's the agenda?

She asked the questions because she wanted answers and I answered them. There's no agenda there.
    Please do not assume if you do not know.

Seriously? Could it be that the agenda is to get her to buy it, and hopefully from you?

Look, I use the stuff myself and like it. I've considered becoming a seller just for no other reason than to get it cheaper for myself and my husband. But be honest about having an agenda to sell.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    What's the agenda?

She asked the questions because she wanted answers and I answered them. There's no agenda there.

Dude, you posted on this thread like 4 separate times pushing the product. Forgive us for "assuming."

It's great that you got results and thanks for sharing your story, but it looks a little fishy when you keep pushing and pushing the issue. Everyone's allowed to have their own opinion. It doesn't work for everyone the way it supposedly did for you. Let it go.
  • hina_syed_3
    hina_syed_3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have no agenda, and I'm not on this forum hoping to promote it here. I'm sorry if you assumed it that way and I only responded to people's posts in here that's all. But not pushing or forcing people and again an assumption on your end. No agenda at all, just helping that's all.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    What's the agenda?

Dude, you posted on this thread like 4 separate times pushing the product. Forgive us for "assuming."

It's great that you got results and thanks for sharing your story, but it looks a little fishy when you keep pushing and pushing the issue. Everyone's allowed to have their own opinion. It doesn't work for everyone the way it supposedly did for you. Let it go.

i need a 'like' button for this lolol .....but the 'ignore button' is pretty cool too ;)
  • jennifer8614
    Options
    This diet is a bunch of bull. Save your money. Excersize and cut calories, stay at 1250 calories. Collosal waste of money. I've tried it twice. You do feel more energy, that I agree. But eating healthy and essential vitamins should do the same. Most fad diets like this offer someone like me a decent weight loss the first month, I lost 3 pounds on Body by Vi in a month, beyond disappointed. I need to lose about 30lbs. Cheaper to do weight watchers online and lose up to 2 a week. SAVE YOUR MONEY. You will find most people bragging about the results also SELL the product. Go online, all you can find is promotions to sell. The positive feedback is always related back to the site. Look for TRUE users (not distibutors) like this poster for feedback. Put the $100 per month back in your pocket and go buy some veggies. :)
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I suggest eating fresh natural foods and getting your nutrients that way.

It will be cheaper and better for you. And you will lose weight with it.

Quick fixes and magical pills are never the answer for long term weight loss and healthy lifestyles.

You need to teach yourself how to eat healthy or you will never be able to sustain your weight loss.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Take your hard earned cash and make a trip to a fresh market. Fill your basket with yummy delicious produce and grab some organic meat.

There is no magic shake or pill.

There's nothing sexier than a slim toned body. Exercise, eat right and you'll avoid being skinny fat.

Just remember, it's not a race. Anything worth having takes effort and dedication.

6143704.png
  • Harmoman
    Harmoman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm am doing body by Vi. So far, I'm seeing results. It's not THE answer to weight problems... but it helps me... It IS a lifestyle change...

I started May 4th, and am down 13 lbs, not only from the shakes, but I've increased my activity and with MFP, watching what I eat.... I'm down 2 belt holes, and am looking at having to buy a smaller belt...

If you want to, Friend me and you can check out my diary.

(personally, I've not had any problems from it, however, this week I'm going to the Dr to approve my calorie intake and mention using Body by VI... I'll let ya know what they say, if you like)

I'm finding it odd that MFP's message boards are not the "support group" I thought it would be....rather... It is really opinionated... and anti-shakes.... I think you do whatever works for you... So long as it's healthy...
    Just my .02 cents

Harmoman
  • Harmoman
    Harmoman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing a 90 day challenge. I drink it for breakfast as a meal replacement and sometimes when I just plain need more calories and protein in my day. I drink it because it's good and still has nutritional value.

The husband started out on it with the one bag, and had it just for breakfast on most days. Then I had our baby, and now I'm using it... and he's using it twice a day. We're upping our order. It works as a calorie cutting tool, but it's not the be all and end all of being healthy.

BTW, he started it almost four months ago.

Agree
  • Trisha042415
    Trisha042415 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 16lbs on the BBV 90 day challenge. I think this is the most versatile shake mix out there. You can mix it w/Soy, Almond, Skim milk, oatmeal, etc. I have made shakes w/coffee & cocoa. You can use sugar free pudding mix, extracts, fruit & vegetables. I mean there are 100s of recipes for the ViSalus shake mix. If you're only using the Balance kit then you aren't going to see the results as much b/c the Balance kit is good for maintaining your weight & the Shape kit actually helps you lose the weight. If you feel hungry after the shake you really need to make sure you're drinking plenty of water and having a healthy snack between shakes. Also, people need to keep in mind that ViSalus is not just for weight loss. It is for wellness, nutrition & a source of vitamins that our bodies need for everyday life. it has lowered people's triglycerides, helped with diabetes, arthritis, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, gout, acid reflux & so much more. It has tri-sorb proteins, it's Gluten free, lactose free, low sugar, low sodium, low carb, it has digestive enzymes, it's rich in fiber & has 23 vitamins & minerals. It's also kosher certified and the mix by itself tastes like "cake mix". Try the BBV for the full 90 days. I mean, if you don't see results then you can cancel it & that's it. If you or anyone has any questions please let me know & I will be happy to help if I can. I think if you give it a try you might be surprised :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm am doing body by Vi. So far, I'm seeing results. It's not THE answer to weight problems... but it helps me... It IS a lifestyle change...

I started May 4th, and am down 13 lbs, not only from the shakes, but I've increased my activity and with MFP, watching what I eat.... I'm down 2 belt holes, and am looking at having to buy a smaller belt...

If you want to, Friend me and you can check out my diary.

(personally, I've not had any problems from it, however, this week I'm going to the Dr to approve my calorie intake and mention using Body by VI... I'll let ya know what they say, if you like)

I'm finding it odd that MFP's message boards are not the "support group" I thought it would be....rather... It is really opinionated... and anti-shakes.... I think you do whatever works for you... So long as it's healthy...
    Just my .02 cents

Harmoman

The OP asked for opinions on the product, people gave it, from both sides. there is nothing unsupportive about that.
    Being supportuve does not mean endorsing every weight loss product or technique.

I am not a fan of the product for a number of reasons.
    One, the shakes are not a lifestyle change. Are you going to continue to drink them forever?
    Your lifestyle change is getting more active and watching food intake.
    If you like the shakes, great, enjoy them.

Two - as for so long as it's healthy, that is debatable. BBV is too low in protein and calories for me to consider it a suitable meal replacement.

But what I really don't like about BBV is the marketing.

Edited to add - I forgot to say congrats on your progress.
  • hina_syed_3
    hina_syed_3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

The OP asked for opinions on the product, people gave it, from both sides. there is nothing unsupportive about that.
    Being supportuve does not mean endorsing every weight loss product or technique.

I am not a fan of the product for a number of reasons.
    One, the shakes are not a lifestyle change. Are you going to continue to drink them forever?
    Your lifestyle change is getting more active and watching food intake.
    If you like the shakes, great, enjoy them.

When people decide to change the way they eat/drink it is a life style change. Who lives forever? Drinking them or having that in your life is nothing wrong especially if it is giving you all these health benefits and it's nutrition.

They're just shakes/smoothies.
    Two - as for so long as it's healthy, that is debatable. BBV is too low in protein and calories for me to consider it a suitable meal replacement.

But what I really don't like about BBV is the marketing.

It is healthy if you put all the right things in it and start living a healthy life style while you're on it. It's not low in calories/ or protein because you need to add things in it to be a meal replacement. It's not just the shake mix itself and as per instructions on the package itself it gives you recommendation of what to add. Adding extra stuff adds on calories and hence falls under a meal replacement.

As for the marketing of it, you're entitled to your opinion of disliking how it's done, just like most of us will dislike how too much marketing is done on unhealthy fast-food that is killing our bodies, yet no one is daring to say anything bad about that.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • valleygirl711
    valleygirl711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Im seeing all this body by vi slamming, and I want to share something. In 2008 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I took it in stride until my hands went numb. It didnt really affect "my life" until I had to drop out of Nursing school. I sat at home for 1 year and 2 months. I gained 30+pounds, pushing me into the 200's. I found bodybyvi through a co-worker who I once worked with. I was a skeptic, for a while, but then I figured, why not, nothing else was working and I was still having flair ups with my MS. I started my first challenge Feb. of 2012, as did my hubby. After the first 90 days, I was down 19.6lbs, 12 inches, and 6 pants sizes. I also got rid of 5 meds out of 6!! hubby is now down 62 pounds and counting. We didnt do the challenge for a miracle, we put in WORK. its a lifestyle change. we still eat, and we go out to eat. No matter what method you use to lose weight, if you dont do the work, you don't reap the reward. If the challenge isnt for you, then agree to disagree and move on, but for some people, this may be the answer. Its not JUST for "weight loss" its for nutriton, energy, and accountability. Im sure EVERYONe on here has had a "snack" thats not in your diary. Just keep it 100% or we all wouldn't be here now would we?
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I am curious too. A good friend of mine sells it and I've been thinking about trying it. I am currently doing research on the product.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i am a personal trainer and have been around a lot of people who have/are competeing in bodybuilding, who get ripped up and have that defined and sexy body, and let me tell you, its NOT by a magical shake. i think a lot of these stories are the sellers themelves trying to sell the product. and ANYONE who eats crap and doesnt take care of their body is AUTOMATICALLY going to loose a lot the first month because of water weight and a change to their eating and i'm pretty sure a HUGE cut in calories. (thats why i'm sure it didnt work for anyone who was already eating healthy and xercise regularly bc their body is use to lower calories and thats what this is all about). their bodies will have a huge transformation at FIRST, but like others have mentioned, its not a magic pill or diet that is going to get the weight off and stay off. if you replace a meal with a 200cal shake, of course you are going to loose weight. will it stay off, MOST LIKELY not.

eat clean: eat healthy and small portions every 2-3 hours and eat lean proteins, whole grains and LOTS of veggies and that will be WAY healthier for you than a replacment shake ;)

Hope this helps;)

almost all the reviews out there are by the SELLERS! I totally agre ^^
  • aicoronel
    Options
    I've been using the body by vi shakes officially since april 1 at the end of Mrch i was at 125 and I've weight myself obsessively since starting, and I'm at 119-120. Everyone I know has lost so much weight, that I thought it would be great to lose 10 lbs over the 90 day challenge. My weight has not moved much at all, though I think I lost an inch, but that is from working out I believe. I will give it one more month, and then stop if I don't see any more result. I'm 5'3 and 119 lbs, but my normal weight is 110. I eat well, small meals, and go to they gym an hour a day 3-4 times a week. I dont get it.
  • mtgrzz
    mtgrzz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am newbie on the community, didn't really utilize the website (although I want to now). A friend of mine turned me onto Body by Vi. I was skeptical because like previous posters, what happens when you stop them. However, I decided to try it for a month and re-evaluate and I can now say, it has changed my lifestyle. I started them February 15 and have lost 10 lbs. I was only able to do them for one shake a day and I have to say I lOVE the taste of them. I usually have it in the morning and then do my usual snacks mid morning. If I have a big lunch and am close or over my calorie goal then I will drink a shake for dinner. Between this app and the shakes it has made me more concious on what I am eating.

The first couple weeks I was really bloated from the additional fiber but my body adjusted. A friend of mine is in the same way aicoronel and she asked what I did. Well, a co-worker of mine is on Weight Watchers and the thing that they tell her is that it is good to not just eat small meals and stay under your calorie goal. If you go over it isn't going to kill you, it keeps your metabolisim guessing and I think there is some truth in that because in a 7 day period I would say on average 3 of those days I am over my calorie goal.

Once I get to the weight I want I'm going to stop the shakes and see what happens, maybe that is. I really love the taste so I may just keep it around!
  • Caprica33
    Caprica33 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm on the challenge too. I'm down 13 pounds the first month and lots of inches. I started out 2 shakes a day. I just stay under 1500 calories. I recently started working out so I'm gonna increase my calories a little because of that. But I get my shakes free so I will definitely be keeping them around plus I love the taste. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Caprica33
    Caprica33 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Agree 100%!! Couldn't have been said better. Body by Vi isn't for everyone. Everyone isn't gonna get it (the product). The challenge speaks fo itself. I don't eat clean and never will. I eat healthy and workout and have my shakes faithfully. And my life is changing with it.