Started 30 Day Shred ( 30 DS) today

Options

Replies

• Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    When doing the 30 day shred you`re supposed to do it every day or take some rest days in between? Are you going to do some other kind of exercise like running on top of the shred?

I am going to do it every day because I am a creature of habit. I am going to try to do about 20 or 30 minutes on the treadmill as well.
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've just started level 1 again today - finished it about a week or so ago and at it again because it's probably the best one I've come across so far. Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated :) you are going to see great results so make sure you take before pics and measure yourself :)

X
  • jwatts1202
    jwatts1202 Posts: 26
    Options
    I did day 3 today (level 1) not too far ahead of you!! I'll add u :) I need some motivation!
  • kltdempsey
    kltdempsey Posts: 15
    Options
    I did it and it was great, although the last section killed my knees and I had to quite because I ended up in alot of pain. The knee warm up exercises she does in the first section should be done for twice the time at least in the third I would say xx
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Level 1. Its a butt kicker! I struggled with the leg exercises first 2 days, feel great through that now. Now my arms and shoulders are really feeling it!
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    Today is my second day! The first day kicked my butt but I'm pumped lol. WE CAN DO IT!
  • z_Zoe_z
    z_Zoe_z Posts: 17
    Options
    Today's my 4th day of Level 1 (I do 4 days a week of 30ds, 2 cardio days and 1 day rest). Already seeing an improvement in strength =]
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 today
    I plan to also run 5 km twice a week - don't want to lose what I worked for in this area
  • kyleighmacd
    kyleighmacd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started today too! Anyone feel free to add me I could use the support and while I was sweating to death it was alot of fun and i didnt have a hard time until maybe the last 5 minutes!
  • nano2317
    nano2317 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of 30 day shred .....o man was it exhausting.....I'm new to this so not sure how to add people so please add me I can sure use the support too
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    - Level 1

- Level 2

- Level 3

Hi guys/girls!

For those who don't have the DVD or can't buy it here you have the 3 levels online and also you can download them
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    I have just finished (this morning) day one level one. Phewwww!!! Very good workout but wow one works hard! Does anyone know what you add to your exercise diary?
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If you go on Livestrong's website they have a formula to figure out your calories burned. I tried wearing my HRM, don't know if it was all the moving around, but it kept losing signal.

According to livestrong....
    154 # person can burn 503 calories in 60 min of 30 day shred.

So if you need help with formulas...
    Take your weight multiply by 503. Then divide by 154. Then divide by 3, to get your calories burned at your weight for a 20 min 30 days shred session.

Hope it helps!
  • NemoDog
    NemoDog Posts: 61
    Options
    I did Day 1 Level 1 last night and man am I feeling it this morning...

I hope I have the courage to press play again tonight lol We can do it ladies...

Will take before pictures tonight incase the pounds don't fall off I want to see the results!
  • NeptuneGirl
    Options
    Morning after status after L1D1: Hurting, specially my arms!
    I have a busy day today so I´ll get day 2 done right now!
  • kyleighmacd
    kyleighmacd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Holy frig do my legs hurt today, nothing else yet but jeez those squats killed me. Ill give it a go tonight after work but im not sure if i'll be able to finish i literally feel like my legs are gonna break lmao
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    If you go on Livestrong's website they have a formula to figure out your calories burned. I tried wearing my HRM, don't know if it was all the moving around, but it kept losing signal.

According to livestrong....
    154 # person can burn 503 calories in 60 min of 30 day shred.

So if you need help with formulas...
    Take your weight multiply by 503. Then divide by 154. Then divide by 3, to get your calories burned at your weight for a 20 min 30 days shred session.

Hope it helps!

Ok this formula is fantastic! I have an HRM and it says I burn around 220. I weigh 205 and with your calculation I came up with 223 calories. Can't ask for any closer than that! Thanks for posting.

I'm also starting today. I've done levels 1 and 2 a couple of times in the last couple of weeks but not consistently. Leaving on June 29 for Mexico so I'm planning to do a full 30 days before I go. Would love to lose 10-12 lbs - we'll see!

Also for those who have been doing another workout program and just starting this (I've been doing P90X but can't commit to the 60+ minutes every day) - I have noticed that I can do level 2 as easily as I can level 1. I plan on alternating 1 and 2 each day for 15 days, then alternating 2 and 3 for the last half. I think that will keep me from becoming bored with doing the same things.

Would love some MFP friends who are also doing 30DS this month so please add me!
  • pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My DVD just came in the mail today! I'm going to combine it with ChaLean Extreme and get this weight loss going!
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    Day 2 finished hurrah!! OMG I felt like I was going to die 1/2 way through but by the end I wonder what I was making such a fuss about!!

Thank you very much for the formula really helpful :)
  • smileyface_2510
    Options
    Im on level 1 day 5 (Wednesday) lets do this together all those out there add me!!