What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• charityheckler
    charityheckler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My little "sister" joining the military, My nephew getting a girl pregnant, and buying a van!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I feel old when I cant tolerate teen girls.......

I was them once?! what happened?! LOL
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You just made me feel even older. What about being the remote control for your parents and adjusting the entena to get the station in clearer.

YES!! I remember being called in from outside to change the channel or being downstairs and yelled at from upstaris to come fix the TV. Even worse, my grandmother would be in the kitchen, but call me inside to make her a glass of ice water. I always thought she was on drugs for this.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    But....what if I don't feel old at all? :P
  • JoBfit4life
    JoBfit4life Posts: 35
    Options
    The fact that I have O Levels!!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I finished school in the same year Madonna released "like a prayer" and "Back to the future 2" hit the cinemas. :noway:
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I look at 'kids' these days and despair of the future of our society.

sadly enough mine will be one of them ...YIKES!

I'm a teacher. I second this. I was joking that the kids in middle school right now are a scary realization of our future despair.
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GRAY HAIR!!!!!! I have too many!!!!! Just happy I have hair though unlike a lot of my friends.
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking "You're OLD" when hearing people tell stories that started with "About twenty years ago..." Now I find myself telling those stories!

I hear songs I know in elevators.

I remember making mixed tapes.

People I went to high school with have kids going into high school.

The Nintendo that I have, I bought new. It's almost 20 years old (and I still play it).

I've started celebrating "The Anniversary of my 29th birthday" each year, instead of my actual birthday.

I saw a truck the other day that was made after I was born and it had "Antique Car" plates on it.:sad:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    the fact that my primary care doctor is 8 years younger than me.
  • jgardner38
    jgardner38 Posts: 70
    Options
    The fact that kids starting high school this year were born in 1998.
    So very true!!!
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    the fact that my primary care doctor is 8 years younger than me.

My orthopedic surgeon who repaired my shoulder was my age. It was a few years ago too. It's scary.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    When I worked with teenagers, they would ask me how it felt to be born during the disco era (1979):laugh:

My 12 years younger cousin got engaged, I use to babysit her and change her....

All the bands I really love have band members over 50 and some over 60 years old

Kurt Cobain's daughter is an adult now

The last time I brought my vcr to my bf's mom's place, the young people downstairs were looking at me wondering was I had in my hands (I still have a vcr that's from the 80s and I use once in a while).
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I still have and wear a T-shirt from a day camp I staffed that is 20 years old.

When I turned 30 a few years ago, I realized my mom was turning 60 that same year. She doesn't look that old.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have to move small things further away, not closer, to see them now.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My little "sister" joining the military, My nephew getting a girl pregnant, and buying a van!

I felt old when I became a great-aunt twice last year...but I felt better when I also realized that made my sister a GRANDMA and my mom a GREAT-GRANDMA. :laugh:
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. My kids consider techno the grandfather of dubstep.

My first car was a 1980 Chevette and I had a boom box with D batteries in it because the radio didn't work.

I can remember having "party lines" where you had to share a phone line with 2 or more neighbors in the small town I grew up in. (You could actually pick up the phone and hear their conversation.)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I always feel old when I can't get those damn kids to GET OFF MY LAWN!
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    That I have clothes that have come back into style for the 3rd time. LOL
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I was wearing wearing a shirt w/ "The go-gos " on it and got asked who they were.