Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Put on almost a stone in a week?

Thanis90
Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
Had to stop exercising for just a little bit over a week because my Rheumatoid Arthiritis was flaring up badly, and gained almost a stone back.......... It's really putting me off, what happens when I reach my goal and I want to maintain? If I cut back on my exercise even a little, will I put it all back on?!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    There's no way you gained a stone in a week. It's water. What meds do you take for your arthritis?
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    I agree, it has to be water weight. If you are maintaining a calorie deficit through your diet you should still be able to lose weight without exercising.
  • jporche77
    jporche77 Posts: 32 Member
    In order to gain a stone you would have to eat 49,000 calories ABOVE what your normal calorie intake in order to gain that much. Don't worry there is no way.
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    There's no way you gained a stone in a week. It's water. What meds do you take for your arthritis?

I've only been taking Glucosamine Sulphate as a supplement, and Voltarol Gel to ease the pain. I'm not on any prescribed medication for it.