Thoughts on Mio?

Options
What do you think of it? I drink double the amount of water since I bought it :] I mix of plain through out the day and some mio when I need some flavor. Makes my sweet tooth go away too!

What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Replies

• JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be great for when i was sick of water after 12-15 cups, but, doesn't like my stomach and the fact its a chemical, i skip it and stick to lemon or lime in my water, or even cucmber slices are good.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    If you are sensitive I understand!

But whats the problem with it being a chemical? Is it a bad one?
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Apparently, its got something to do with Chlorine. i am not sure, i know if my tummy didn't dislike it so much, i would have it occassionally, but not often as it is artificial.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use it! It doesn't bother me at all.
  • Lora0626
    Lora0626 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! Using it is the only way I can stay off soda's. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    I LOVE MIO but I got some crybaby teeth and the sugar sweetness actually hurts my teeth after awhile I can't even drink the stuff.
    Definitely not for me but I did love the taste.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I really like it :) Doesn't give me headaches the way that some other drink flavorings do.
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    I use it every day, have had no problems with it. I love it
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If it agrees with your system and you use it in moderation, great! Artificial flavors, though, aren't great for your system (they mess with your metabolism as well as your body's digestive process, etc.) and so should be used minimally.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I use it when I get sick of water. Usually a glass or two of it a month. I think it tastes decent.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes like crap. Crystal light is much better.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I like the strawberry flavor. I drink it when its super hot and I know I should hydrate extra. However, it is SUPER sweet. I don't drink pop at all. All you need is like a quick squirt and you have enough, so you can dilute it as you please. One bottle is supposed to be 24 servings or something.
  • kaellinn18
    kaellinn18 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mio rules! My wife and I use it all the time. I have two bottles of it right here on my desk at work, and there are several in the cabinet at home.

There is no chlorine in Mio, so I'm not sure what the poster further above is talking about.
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    Mil is made out of potroleum based chemicals and has recently been under investigation for possibly skirting the full testing phase on the chemicals used. I would recommend squeezing a lemon or orange into your water or soaking cucumbers. Tasty and natural
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It isn't something I would spend money on, but if it helps wean people away from pop and perhaps toward water with no flavoring at all, I think that's pretty cool.
  • kaellinn18
    Options
    If it agrees with your system and you use it in moderation, great! Artificial flavors, though, aren't great for your system (they mess with your metabolism as well as your body's digestive process, etc.) and so should be used minimally.

1) This is not true.
    2) Even if it was, the amount of Mio you use in a glass of water is not enough to affect anything about your digestive system.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I live on Crystal Light...it's the way I stay hydrated.

I thought I'd love Mio, and they had a Watermelon flavor. I <3 watermelon, but my god that stuff was terrible. Into the trash it went :(
  • kaellinn18
    Options
    Mil is made out of potroleum based chemicals and has recently been under investigation for possibly skirting the full testing phase on the chemicals used. I would recommend squeezing a lemon or orange into your water or soaking cucumbers. Tasty and natural

Source please. I find nothing on the internet saying Kraft (maker of Mio) is under investigation for any such thing.

Edit: Also, petroleum based chemicals? What are you on about? Quit making up FUD.
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    I use the Walmart Brand and love it! I am not a fan of plain water.