i cant stop eating the cookies i baked!

Options

Replies

• jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    ah i baked the yummiest cookies and I cannot stop eating them. Any ideas on what to do with them???? My will power is seriously lacking right about now. and they are not "healthy" cookies.

Put 'em in the freezer!!! Or give them to your co-workers or neighbours....

If you stay within whatever limit you have (cals or sodium, etc) you should be ok. But fruit is better, go out and get some :bigsmile:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You silly billy, fancy making something so easy to go over your calories on! Freezing them doesn't work, at least, not for me - I'd eat them just as they are (frozen) every time I went to the freezer.

I stopped baking cakes and other goodies (except for very special occasions) and make soup instead - the chopping is soothing and you can be creative in a less fattening way.
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How about throwing them out and then stop making cookies...

I agree. If you know you don't have the will power to say no then don't make them. Throw them out or give them away.
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options

I think this may be the best advice yet. I'm gonna try to get the roomies to eat them. but nom nom nom they are soo good. They are called lace cookies and take OVER a stick of butter in the batch. so bad!
    I was bored on a sunday afternoon so decided to bake with the little brother. bad bad idea! next time: go for a walk...?
    Baking with the little brother is a great idea and I endorse that wholly--but sometimes a surprise plate of cookies for a neighbor or friend after they are baked is the best way to get them out of the house. I am blessed to have 4 kids--mostly boys--treats laying around are never a problem. When they were little it was and I would bring them to my neighbors--
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Give them away!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Freezing them in individual wrappings works too. But when they thaw they will get soggy. For me, I just stopped baking, as there was so little I could bake that I could also eat.
  • azurewitch
    azurewitch Posts: 21
    Options
    I had to stop buying peanut butter for the same reason. I would eat it on celery...all the time. lol

If I start getting addicted to foods, unless its a vegetable or fruit. I stop buying it for a while.

Until I get control over my weight and nutrition I have to do that to myself.
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My tip - snag a live in boyfriend!! Your cookie problem will be instantly solved. The only reason I keep mine around is so he can Ninja those cookies outta my hands
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yep....freeze 'em. I bought a whole pie and I am NOT throwing it out. I am freezing that.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I bring any unwanted sweets to my office. I just put the plate in the breakroom with a sign that says "Take One", and then collect the empty plate on the way out. Problem solved.

This is what I do, too. I really enjoy baking, but have had to cut down on the frequency. And I tend to do it in the evenings before I have to go to work, so I can get rid of most of the batch post haste! My coworkers think I love them.... really it's just better them than me.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

Yes
  • Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    give them away..just have i at the most 2....get rid of them!!! NOW
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'll help take those off your hands....
    50315_343887056586_2841821_n.jpg
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    if i bake, i have to know where it's going before i can do it. :) because i'll eat them all too. i love fresh baked cookies.
  • danielle3203
    Options
    garbage can!!!!
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Throw them out NOW! And pour something over them in the trash can so you can't pick them out.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I rarely bake anything and when I do I eat most of it so I don't bake. It is better that way. Luckily I don't eat gluten so if my husband makes pancakes for the kids it doesn't tempt me. My friend bakes goodies for my kids so they aren't missing out on anything.
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    alright guys, I dumped them down the trash chute. but not before one last bite. =)
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    3 words...THROW THEM AWAY!!! Thats what i have to do when im in those cant stop moods...and throw them away and cover them in dish soap...yes i have got things back out...GROSS i know!!! :)
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Simply stop making cookies. You are sabatoging yoursef.
    This ^^^