Low Carbers Only

Options
123457»

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Drew Carey did the no carb diet...how about that for success....The first time I tried it, it didn't work and I lost interest fast. Lesson learned, this time I'm not no carb just low carb. Stay away from processed meats at all costs. Not healthy to begin with but really not good for you. I find it's working great with fresh meat. I wouldn't go overboard on steak though. I find the scale doesn't move very well after a steak.
  • Mlmr310
    Mlmr310 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins. True Story. About 9 years ago. I had great success with it. Lost around 85 pounds in 5 months. As long as I continued to stay low carb and never intake the foods I loved, it was fine. I joined the gym in hopes that I could maintain.. After a year or two - I slowly started to realize that weight had started to come back on... several years later I realized I I went right back to where I began. So here I am... again. I tried to start the Atkins over again, but it always fails for me this time around. I think it's because I just dont want to live off of eggs, meat, and cheese anymore. I have been here counting calories for 8 days. Yesterday I weighed myself and I have lost 5 pounds. I eat what I want to in smaller portions. Make a lot better choices and try to add fruit and salad into my diet as often as I can. To be honest, I ate more the last week than I have any other week of my life, it was just better choices. I was satisfied, not hungry. I also walked several times last week. I feel good counting calories. I never wanted to do it before because I felt like it was just too complicated to fit into my already busy schedule. MFP makes it so easy. Fun, even. Almost like a game. I couldnt imagine going back to the Atkins way of life. That's just my personal opinion. Had I counted calories years ago, I feel I wouldnt be here, over-weight again.
    Yes it works, but it's very hard to maintain that life-style. It was for me atleast.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't read the whole thread, so if someone posted this already, I apologize! But I read a study that showed that keeping to 50 g of carbs for two days a week can be very effective. I tried it several times and lost several pounds each time that I didn't regain, while eating my normal calorie deficit and normal carb intake the rest of the week. I don't think my results would be quite as good now as I am nearing goal weight.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    not sure if anyone has mentioned this but have you looked into The Insulin Resistance Diet - it is balancing carbs and protein and making sensible carb choices . I am not doing it as a fad diet but am using it to change my eating for life , it is really easy to understand and work with :)

I just bought that book today!! I can't wait to read it:)
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    No offense to most of you who are against Atkins, but did any of you read the book? It seems that a lot of people think it's a "no carb" diet, when that's not at all what it is. Please read the book and get educated before condemning something you know nothing about.

FYI, if your friend or whoever, just ate meat and cheese while doing Atkins then they were not doing Atkins, they created their own diet. This is why Atkins has a bad rap because people claim they are doing it but are NOT.

Well said.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just wanna let yall know. Five weeks in, I am down 19.5 lbs and my blood sugars are lower than they have ever been (since diabetes started stalking me)!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!