Do we have many Irish folks on board?

Options

Replies

• fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yep - loads of Irish here : )...look out for the diaries with the Tayto's, Barry's tea and the Galtee rashers :laugh: I'm Irish...just wishing I was younger and could emigrate to escape the crappy climate, lol...oh yeh, and the recession:sad:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Any ACTUAL Irish people who live in Ireland on this? :laugh: :laugh:
    There are a few hiding in the shadows.
  • ebeans887
    ebeans887 Posts: 32
    Options
    I've got an Irish name, but sorry not Irish!
    Well, I don't think I am, my family history is shady! lol
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    boiled dinner & corned beef.

Ewwww gross!!! I'm not even THAT Irish :noway:

:laugh: I've refined my grandmother's corned beef recipe and my friends all love it. I use Guinness, onions, garlic and carrots (I'm so over the fact that it's not traditional because apparently it's just an Irish-American tradition anyways). I serve it with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and I steam my cabbage and serve it on the side. Trust me I've converted many non-believers.

I haven't really tried to modern up boiled dinner... that's a serious undertaking!
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I have yet to find them :sick:
  • linda1977
    linda1977 Posts: 1
    Options
    Irish thru and thru!! Freckles and all!!!
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh there's loads of us! Feeling a bit overwhelmed now, kind of insignificant - nearly preferred feeling let down :grumble:

I don't even want to know what boiled dinner is! Unless it's stew? Are you just talking about a stew?

LOL @ fififox, well, we may not be able to escape the recession but at least we'll be able to sit and ***** about it in size 10s eh :drinker:

Linda - freckles? Wow, it's getting serious now. I'll take your freckles and raise you milk bottle see-through skin!
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm from Cork...I win! xD
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm not originally from Ireland, but I've been living here for 14 years now, I like it here. I'd love some more people who live in Ireland on my friend list, it would be nice to compare diaries and support each other. :flowerforyou:
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    Well my grandmother is Irish as well as my 100 cousins, aunts and uncles that are on her side lol :laugh: there is loads of us! Haha.

Yet strangely out of all of them i'm the only one that has inherited my great-grandmothers red hair :blushing: (ie genes lol not actual) which is the envy of most of my family :happy:
  • mini72
    mini72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Another Cork woman here!Also another one who if I was younger would emigrate!
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Me, born in Dublin, live in Cork! Have the passport to prove it!
  • 50lan
    50lan Posts: 11
    Options
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I am Irish
  • magnets21
    magnets21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh there's loads of us! Feeling a bit overwhelmed now, kind of insignificant - nearly preferred feeling let down :grumble:

I don't even want to know what boiled dinner is! Unless it's stew? Are you just talking about a stew?

LOL @ fififox, well, we may not be able to escape the recession but at least we'll be able to sit and ***** about it in size 10s eh :drinker:

Linda - freckles? Wow, it's getting serious now. I'll take your freckles and raise you milk bottle see-through skin!

I see your milk bottle see-thru skin and raise you, i have pale blue skin, that when tanned goes milk bottle see-thru!!!!

Im Irish, born and raised in Co Wicklow!!!
  • mandos78
    mandos78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    dublin girl here born and bred
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Derry born and bred :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

I have yet to find them :sick:

I am one, born, live, passport
  • Kbutterly
    Kbutterly Posts: 5
    Options
    Yup, Dubliner here !!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Parents from Galway but I was born in London however till I went to school I thought everyone was Irish !

Given I actually look like a pint of Guiness ( bright glow in the dark white with really dark hair) and am an official Irish Citizen not a British one can I count :bigsmile: