PCOS

Options

Replies

• munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    I didnt know I had it because my first and only daughter was cenceived whiel i was on the pill so i always thought i was a fertile myrtle until we started trying for our second baby. 1 year no meds before i was diagnosed and then 1 year on meds and still no baby. Just goes to show my little girl is meant to be here :)
  • ephernet
    ephernet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I had to loose 50 lbs to have my daughter. Unfortunately I gain it all back and them some. So I am starting all over again. Let me know if you get a group started. The other two groups don't seem to be as active.
  • pixidust82883
    Options
    ^^Same here! I lost 40 to conceive, and after she was born I gained it all back plus 20 more. UGH! Doesn't help that I'm addicted to carbs...
  • pookers7
    pookers7 Posts: 59
    Options
    Girls, I feel and understand your pain. My DD was conceived right after I stopped the pill. I was totally blindsided by a m/c and then PCOS. I am determined to conceive again and this is a huge part of my plan.
  • layc0
    layc0 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too!!! :)
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Girls, I feel and understand your pain. My DD was conceived right after I stopped the pill. I was totally blindsided by a m/c and then PCOS. I am determined to conceive again and this is a huge part of my plan.

I thought i wanted another one (and my DH still does) but my daughter has been NASTY lately. Like completely ugly. Love her more than words could ever express and i am SOOOOO greatful that the lord blessed me with her but she is for sure a test. Back talking, screaming, tattling on her dad when hes done nothing wrong just trying to get him in trouble. She tells random strangers that we hit her and dont feed her and its just insane. Shes started hitting the family pets for no reason too. Im hoping its just part of her being 4 or maybe because shes an only child -.- Then theres that deep down part of me thats hoping i drop 50 lbs and get a positive pregnancy test :P But Im just gonna do my thing, drop the weight and if the good Lord above thinks I can handle 2 kids then Ill just put my faith in him as I do with all my trials and go with the flow. :P
  • kplynn
    kplynn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend too! I also have PCOS. I would love to discuss what to eat for our condition with someone.
  • jennpasic
    jennpasic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and it sucks
  • roni0314
    roni0314 Posts: 9
    Options
    Feel free to add me, anyone. I just found out last week that I had it :-/
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Moi aussi!

I was diagnosed quite early - at 14YO or so - (the benefit of having a mom who's a doctor!), so I'm well-versed.

I don't tolerate metformin well, so haven't taken it in years. Right now, I only take birth control and Androcur for my PCOS.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello, cysters!

I was diagnosed as a teenager. The endocrinologist said something about weight loss, and my mom asked him for solid numbers -- how many of his patients with PCOS had lost weight and kept it off through diet and exercise alone? And he thought for a moment, and then admitted, NONE!

Well, I'm tired of hearing the reasons why it can't be done, and ready to pay more attention to the people who have done it anyway. :-)
  • dotty1979
    dotty1979 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've got PCOS too. It's left me infertile and I need to get the weight off to have the treatment I want to help me have a family. I'd love to hear from people who understand where I'm coming from, feel free to add me!
  • kkalanquin
    kkalanquin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have this as well. And I would love to some friends for support that have this! I've actually never met another woman that this so I haven't met anyone that can truly relate to the weight struggles. I recently been told to start a low carb diet but that is SOOOOO hard. I don't truly know how to count carbs. Anyway, yeah, I'd love a buddy that understands the PCOS struggles. Feel free to add me!
  • ArtsyHouston22
    Options
    PCOS played a factor in me gaining 80 pounds in a year and a half in my low/mid twenties. And it is making it very difficult to lose weight. Any PCOS buddies would be much appreciated! Feel free to add me.
  • gypsykitchen
    Options
    I have it too. No kids and not trying to get pregnant (yet), but have lots of other symptoms. Feel free to add me, and I'd love to be part of a group where we all talk about the specific issues we face.
  • lucystrut
    lucystrut Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have it too, and am trying to get my BMI down to be accepted for IVF treatment, I've added the first few of you guys but could only add 5, the rest of you please free to add me as I've actually never talked to anyone else with PCOS and think it would be a big help to me, and hopefully I can return the favour, thanks
  • eliaslauren
    Options
    Hey,
    I have PCOS, I've had it since I was a Freshman in High School. I've done a lot of research and have been following 'Clean' by Dr. Alejandro Junger M.D. pretty closely and have gotten myself off of prescriptions completely by doing the healthy food route and my symptoms are pretty much all gone, which is amazing. I've lost 27.5lbs so far and have in the last two months started running, which was never possible thanks to the asthma in the past, but Clean took care of that. I'm always open to getting support and providing it, I even have several support groups on Facebook because I think support is so important with this disorder because doctors know nothing about it. I'd love to help out any way I can, so message me if you wish to.

Take care!
    Lauren
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Not PCOS, but endometriosis and adenomyosis. I feel your pain. :) Good luck!
  • Dana_283
    Dana_283 Posts: 58
    Options
    PCOS here too, anyone can add me!!!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, diagnosed because of secondary infertility - conceived my 1st and 2nd kids quite easily because I was on a low carb diet (because low carb was all the rage back then) and I was (unknowingly) apparently controlling the PCOS through diet and exercise. Tried 18 months to concieve #3, through charting realized I wasn 't even ovulating, and finally went to a RE, who diagnosed me and told me to go back to low carb eating and prescribed metformin. 6 months and 10 pounds later, finally concieved #3. But losing weight and sticking to low carb to lose weight after pregnancy has SUCKED this time - probably doesn't help that I'm over 35 and have three kids to run after and work full time. But, trying not to make excuses, wanna make this work!