i'm scared and need support from anyone willing to help

Options

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like you are doing what you need to - buckling down and getting started on the right path! Small changes add up - keep going with the bike (awesome gift by the way) and try to alter what you eat some.

Hang in there - you are doing great!
  • JacquelineKalipeni
    Options
    The first step is admitting you have a problem! I HAVE A PROBLEM TOO!! We are all in this together!! Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend.
  • edjack
    edjack Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me I'm on your team...
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ^5^ ! !

The first step is the hardest one, and you've done that already - Great job ! ! Sorry about the friend's mom... that's awful. I'm saying a little prayer for that family, and all who were/are affected by the loss...

I think we've all gotten a "wake-up" call in one way or another, and that's why we're here. Since I've been here, I've learned a LOT about eating healthy (or healthier!) and have been adjusting as necessary. Like many have said already, this is a lifestyle change - because we want this to last... diets come and go and wreak havoc on our bodies. Each one of us are learning about taking care of ourselves and are making the changes that help us reach the goals we KNOW we need to get to. It's always great to have encouragement and support in that journey, and that's the wonderful thing about MFP ! I'm sending you a friend request, and hope I can encourage you in this...

Glad you're here ! ! :flowerforyou:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    this is a great place to be for what you want to do. There are lots of people here in the same boat as you, or were in the past. There are lots of supportive people here willing to help and encourage you along the way.
    Add me if you'd like..
  • riotsgram
    riotsgram Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I am sitting here in tears because I can't believe all the support I have gotten in just minutes. I joined in Jan. because my daughter sort of forced me into it but this time I did it for myself. Thanks so much and I will support anyone else who needs it.
  • Amygk22
    Amygk22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Keep at it...once you atart to see results it gets you even more motivated!! Do things that make you feel better about yourself, this will encourage you to lose weight. It does me anyhow.
    If you can, go get manicures and pedicures!! If helps!
  • ritzema5
    ritzema5 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. You have started on the right path and soon you'll be seeing results.
  • simone4uandme
    Options
    Hello! I'm right there with you, if I even make it to 60 I will be begging for death if I keep going in the direction I WAS headed. You are not alone!! I sent you a friends request. :smile:
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm getting my weight in control because my mom passed away due to complications from diabetes. I don't want to pass away at 55....
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    This community is filled with people who have been where you are (including myself) and have succeeded. The number one key is NEVER GIVE UP. You will have bad moments, you will have backslides. Don't ask yourself for perfection. But commit to the long term. Commit to a year, five years, the marathon begins with one step. We are here for you :-)
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can do it--you have a great motivation for getting and staying healthy! My own health issues have finally made me stop ignoring it and take control.
    :happy:
  • kitnkath1
    kitnkath1 Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: You can do it! It starts with you wanting to do it and if you do....it's as good as done! Baby steps to start, making one mistake doesn't equal failure just the need to try harder, and eat for health first then taste!
  • kungfuguy45
    Options
    Ride the bike and lose weight and eat right. When I was 42 years old. I lost 100 Lbs in 1989. Only thing stopping you is you!
  • jennymin77
    jennymin77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Howdy, It is so good to meet you. Let's root one another on. It is hard work, but we can do it. I too, have gained weight. 12 years ago I was 119, now I am 155. I have a few medical conditions which helped in the weight gain. Now I too need help getting it off. How much weight do you want to get rid of? I am aiming for 20 pounds.
    Praying that we both can be there for eachother.
    It is good to meet you.
    I joined 2 days ago.
    with love Michele :wink:
  • Sassybrat1
    Sassybrat1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I think you are amazing that you are taking the first steps. I have been doing this for about 2 months and am doing fairly well. I give you tons of credit posting to the board which I have yet to do. I will be checking on your progress and may send an email from time to time to keep you on track.

Wishing you the best! :happy:
  • SunshineNurse35
    Options
    Take each day at a time! Keep up the good work! Losing weight has been the hardest task for me ever, but I won't give in! Neither will you!:wink:
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend. Feel free to add me! ::)
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    SLAP !!! <high five> .... keep at it ... connsistency ... consistency ... consistency