May Challenge!!!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Last week wasn't such a good one for me

2044/2100 calorie burn which was just short but bad considering my aim was quite low.

Eating was good for most of the week and 1lb loss on the scales, when I checked in on my own weigh in day on Thursday.
    Tried out a new home exercise programme with weights etc but didn't manage to achieve 'not nice but twice' things.

Completely lost the plot since Monday and I'm not sure if this challenge is giving me enough of a kick to keep going....
    Done very little exercise, struggling to keep within my cals and got nothing new or 'not nice but twice' planned.
    Quite demotivated as the scales are showing a hike in pounds and I don't think its just the time of the month!!
    Its very hot here at the moment and not easy to exercise, but I'll see how the net few days go.

I will get back to healthy eating tomorrow but I don't think I will aim for much else at the mo.....
  • byrkar
    byrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options

2044/2100 calorie burn which was just short but bad considering my aim was quite low.

Eating was good for most of the week and 1lb loss on the scales, when I checked in on my own weigh in day on Thursday.
    Tried out a new home exercise programme with weights etc but didn't manage to achieve 'not nice but twice' things.

Completely lost the plot since Monday and I'm not sure if this challenge is giving me enough of a kick to keep going....
    Done very little exercise, struggling to keep within my cals and got nothing new or 'not nice but twice' planned.
    Quite demotivated as the scales are showing a hike in pounds and I don't think its just the time of the month!!
    Its very hot here at the moment and not easy to exercise, but I'll see how the net few days go.

I will get back to healthy eating tomorrow but I don't think I will aim for much else at the mo.....

Hey, don't give up! Even if this challenge isn't the one for you, today is a new day to start again. Everyone struggles now and then so keep trying. Remember why you are eating well and exercising! Oh, and thanks for your honesty about your struggles. Remember, you're not alone.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Last week I did a lot better, even on the weekend, I continued to try to make better choices. I was successful at lifting weights at least twice last week. My calorie burn was in excess of the 2360 (I wear my fitbit throughout the day).

This week, I am going to try to run at least twice this week. I’m still going to stick to my weight lifting Mon, Wed, and Fri.

It felt really good to have my friend tell me I look like I lost 5 lbs, when the scale only said .8 this morning. But I know that weight training can really make the difference. If I continue to make better choices and keep challenging myself, I will definitely achieve my goal sooner than later.

Hardygirl4ever, I can definitely understand how sometimes our lives can take control of our planned dinners. I’m happy you were able to find something good on the menu that was within your range.

Congratulations on your great week!! I have a fitbit too! Still not good at logging my exercise on here with it. It doesn't seem to take for me and the "fitbit adjustmet" always ends up being separate than the exercise I log and MFP picks that calories for me. Maybe I just don't wait long enough for it to change? Thank you very much for understanding. I love this group. It's the first one I've been in that doesn't make me feel bad if I fall short, or don't follow everything to the letter. I wish it wasn't ending in a week. :sad:

14877786.png
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options

Every week is a new week, and a fresh start. I'm sure you'll get your exercising back up. I'm not able to make my not nice but twice thing this week either, so I decided as long as I do something twice I don't really like, I'm still good. You could do the same.

If this challenge isn't working for you, start a new one! You can do it! Do you plan your food out the day before, or as you go through the day? I try to plan mine the night before so that I know that I'll be staying within my calorie budget. Don't worry, the scale will budge. Are you eating enough calories? I found that I wasn't. I upped them, and started losing again.

I like exercising when it's hot, I find that it makes me a lot more flexible and sweating is very good. Just keep plugging away taking it day by day and you'll be just fine!

14877786.png
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Last week I did a lot better, even on the weekend, I continued to try to make better choices. I was successful at lifting weights at least twice last week. My calorie burn was in excess of the 2360 (I wear my fitbit throughout the day).

Congratulations on your great week!! I have a fitbit too! Still not good at logging my exercise on here with it. It doesn't seem to take for me and the "fitbit adjustmet" always ends up being separate than the exercise I log and MFP picks that calories for me. Maybe I just don't wait long enough for it to change? Thank you very much for understanding. I love this group. It's the first one I've been in that doesn't make me feel bad if I fall short, or don't follow everything to the letter. I wish it wasn't ending in a week. :sad:

This is how I deal with Fitbit and MFP. I only log my workout through MFP, I do not use the start/stop function on my fitbit, and I make sure I log it before my fitbit syncs to my computer. Also, I adjusted my fitbit calories, MFP shows your daily goal less your deficient and FITBIT adjusts their calories daily as you burn. So, I upped my goal on FITBIT to be equal to MFP plus the 500, so now, when it goes over it's not too excessive. I have noticed a different in my fitbit adjustment now.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Last week was not the best, but I am not mad with the scale because I've realized that stomach isn't working to well (trying not to going into detail, it'll be TMI), so I'm thinking that the number I've seen is not really the truth.

This is the last week, so I hope everyone was able to achieve their goals and those that may have not, you were able to find a place or area that you can improve. For me, I learned I've started making better choices over the weekend and still drinking water too. (used to be my biggest problem).
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options

This is how I deal with Fitbit and MFP. I only log my workout through MFP, I do not use the start/stop function on my fitbit, and I make sure I log it before my fitbit syncs to my computer. Also, I adjusted my fitbit calories, MFP shows your daily goal less your deficient and FITBIT adjusts their calories daily as you burn. So, I upped my goal on FITBIT to be equal to MFP plus the 500, so now, when it goes over it's not too excessive. I have noticed a different in my fitbit adjustment now.

Thank you so much for the help!! I'll have to try and do those things!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    This week I burned 2136/2428 calories this week. That's not very good. I'm a little confused about Saturday cuz I did quite a bit of walking, but my fitbit said I only walked 1000 steps that day and showed 0 calories burned on MFP for that day. The reason I'm confused is because, for example, I did less walking yesterday and had 6,200+ steps. Oh well, hopefully I'll do better this week.
    I did do my Denise Austin videos this week, as well as Ballroom Learn and Burn & Biggest Loser 2. I'm mad at myself that I missed exercising two days this week, yesterday and Saturday.
    I didn't get the two days of Tilapia this week, but then I decided that I had done something else I highly dislike, and I did it three times this week. Lunges. I don't know what it is, but I have a strong dislike for them. But they're really good, so I do them anyway.
    On the plus side, I lost 1.7 pounds which is what I was aiming for, and was a little worried I wouldn't achieve.

This week, the last week :cry: :
    As of today I can eat 1410 calories so I have to burn 2410 calories this week.
    My new activity to burn calories is Chalene Extreme. This will really kick my butt and make me sore. Though, Yoga made me a little sore, and Biggest Loser made me moderately sore.
    For my not so nice twice thing I will do burpees. I absolutely HATE them. But they're in my videos and people seem to think they're beneficial.

Thanks for letting me join late. Wish I started on time, don't want this group to end!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    So, as many of you saw, even those that are so very motivated to start a challenge can fail, have second thoughts about this whole thing and make the decision to move on or out.

My exercise wasn't up to par this week. Honestly, I'd be ashamed to even add it. My eating was beyond horrible. I could blame work (I have) but I know it's me. I let the stresses of life get the better or me, gave in to food and now weigh more than I did when I started MFP. I am almost past the point of my heaviest weight and I don't want to go back there.

June 1st is Friday and I'm wondering what you are all doing for the last days of May to make it count.

As for me:
    I am not weighing myself every week anymore - it will only be on the 1st of the month.

During the last few days of May I promised myself to get back on track. I NEED and WANT this for myself. I have way too many thinngs to be happy about and don't need the added stresses. When I have uncontrollable stresses, I have to find a healthy way to work things out. Food has been my friend for the longest time - now it needs to be my fuel.

I look forward to reading all that you have learned about yourself during this month of challenges. I hope I have encouraged you as you have encouraged me and hope you'll join me in a challenge again one day!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    So, as many of you saw, even those that are so very motivated to start a challenge can fail, have second thoughts about this whole thing and make the decision to move on or out.

My exercise wasn't up to par this week. Honestly, I'd be ashamed to even add it. My eating was beyond horrible. I could blame work (I have) but I know it's me. I let the stresses of life get the better or me, gave in to food and now weigh more than I did when I started MFP. I am almost past the point of my heaviest weight and I don't want to go back there.

June 1st is Friday and I'm wondering what you are all doing for the last days of May to make it count.

As for me:
    I am not weighing myself every week anymore - it will only be on the 1st of the month.

During the last few days of May I promised myself to get back on track. I NEED and WANT this for myself. I have way too many thinngs to be happy about and don't need the added stresses. When I have uncontrollable stresses, I have to find a healthy way to work things out. Food has been my friend for the longest time - now it needs to be my fuel.

I look forward to reading all that you have learned about yourself during this month of challenges. I hope I have encouraged you as you have encouraged me and hope you'll join me in a challenge again one day!

I was having the same problems, and I still struggle with cooking at home as much as I should. I just recently started losing weight since joining this group. Until about two weeks ago I only gained. Hang in there and you will be able to do this for yourself. I also tend to go for food when stressed, especially chocolate. I've been working on fixing that too. I also need to made food my fuel rather than my friend.
    In this challenge I learned that I must log what I eat, cuz when I wasn't logging and letting myself eat what I want on "cheat days" I was damaging my efforts. You have given incredible encouragement, and I really thank you. I would love to join you in a challenge again one day! :smile:

14877786.png
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,126 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

sorry for not having checked in earlier!

The no-motivation bug is circulating, I suppose - it hit me on Monday or Tuesday this week, after a great weekend... I had some stress at work, on top of this my TOTM, ate more than I should, and did very few exercises since then, and of course I gained some weight back. And it went so well before - talk about stupid!

But I decided today that this will have to stop - as of tomorrow I will start fresh, motivated and ready to lose some kg again! So any nice words of motivation are appreciated ;-)

Generally, this group and the group challenge has been helping me a lot in the past month - I finally moved away from the plateau I had stayed on for some weeks. The last slip should be just a bounce in the road.

So I really think we should extend the challeng for June as well - what do you think?
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Hi everyone,

sorry for not having checked in earlier!

The no-motivation bug is circulating, I suppose - it hit me on Monday or Tuesday this week, after a great weekend... I had some stress at work, on top of this my TOTM, ate more than I should, and did very few exercises since then, and of course I gained some weight back. And it went so well before - talk about stupid!

But I decided today that this will have to stop - as of tomorrow I will start fresh, motivated and ready to lose some kg again! So any nice words of motivation are appreciated ;-)

Generally, this group and the group challenge has been helping me a lot in the past month - I finally moved away from the plateau I had stayed on for some weeks. The last slip should be just a bounce in the road.

So I really think we should extend the challeng for June as well - what do you think?

I personally think that's an awesome idea!!

14877786.png
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    We don't have to end the group....Do we want a new thread for JUNE, or keep on this one?
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    I would say create a new thread, but the only way I can get through this one is to go through mosneakers's page. If we don't keep this one, maybe we could create a group?

14877786.png
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Created a new thread....for anyone who wants to join in....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621517-june-july-august-challenge?page=1
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    That's awesome!! Thank you so much!!! :flowerforyou:

14877786.png