Replies

• MsMara_426
    MsMara_426 Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work.
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing success! All the best to you and your journey.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    thanks so much for the encouragement...i plan to keep it good luck to the rest...loosing weight is very hard whether you have a little or a lot to loose...its the same thing...i am almost under the 400 mark another ten pounds...i cant wait..

way to go! i bet your doc was impressed! :-)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    hey all, i just wanted to let everyone know that this site is working great for me..i came back from the drs today 25 pounds lighter..I really was surprised...now if i would have exercised more..i probably would have done better than that. but that is a good start...Its about a pound a day..I have really cut back on the sugar...and i really dont know how i have lost that much weight so fast..but i am pleased...good luck to everyone else...hope everyone is doing as good as i did.

Great start! You actually need to be eating WAY MORE than you are. First of all, it's not always going to come off that quickly...but don't be discouraged. That's an amazing accomplishment!! I would check out the EM2WL group (Eat More To Weigh Less).
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

You might not lose 25 pounds in a month, but you will keep your metabolism from shutting down, helping you avoid plateauing..give you lots of energy, and you will lose fat...but keep precious muscle. When we have a massive deficit our body gets used to that small amount of food...and we plateau or gain. You will also lose muscle.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Use this calculator and you will be amazed as to how much you should be eating a day and still lose weight! You want this to be long term, and low calorie usually can't be sustained long term...hence all the yo=yo diets. Just some food for thought since you are at the start of this awesome journey. Great job and keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!

Amazing loss

xxx
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    that's really awsome, way to go! Don't get discouraged if you don't do that again, however. That is a really big amount of weight to lose that quickly. But the fact that you did it the healthy way, eating on a regular basis is just awesome!

I can't wait to hear about your journey!
  • amberbennett89
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • Butiful66
    Butiful66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrads, keep up the good work.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That just sounds a little fast, so make sure you're getting enough calories every day, especially when you start exercising more. :)

Not really... She said she is almost at 400 pounds, so she has a lot to lose. That percentage of body fat lost isn't too far off of what people are doing at smaller weights.

I am not saying that was easy though, OP, congratulations!! I know a lot of people don't want to do anything or work to lose weight, especially when they hit a certain number, and I'm proud that you are doing it! You're an inspiration! Keep up the fantastic work. =)
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    WTG! With hard work and dedication you will reach your goal! Stay positive!
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Keep up the awesome work =)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Very impressive :) and I thought my 15lbs a month was good :) wtg
  • Kenyse
    Kenyse Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great! Keep up the good work! You've got this down girl!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work and follow the dr's orders :smile:
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yeah!
  • stacystilly
    stacystilly Posts: 33
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the great work. As for what you've lost which could be a combination of water weight, and your body burning the proper energy and not the refined stuff that you were possibly ingesting before. Look forward to hearing about the continuous progress in the future.
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic! Keep up the good work. Besides cutting down/out the sugar, was there anything else you did to lose so much weight? Thank you.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!!!
    Keep kickin *kitten*!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!