June Move Your @ss Challenge...

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for June move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies...

Set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved to the thread as often as possible and then get moving starting Friday, June 1st

Please do not post any May miles here...dinos will update our May spreadsheet shortly.....only add June goals/miles here....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Replies

• CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm in Denise. Thank you for a new Move Your @ss Challenge. :heart: I would like to set a goal of 80 miles this month coming up. I'm going to push myself of course to do more than that....but 80 seems doable for how much I enjoy walking.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am in for June!! I surpassed my 80 miles ran/walked goal in May but I am going to lower my goal this month so I can do more dvd workouts and more weights. I feel like I have been neglecting those in order to get more treadmill time and more miles in.

So for June I am setting my goal at a measily 60 miles of walking and running outside and on the treadmill :wink:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Thank you Denise & Dinos! This challenge kicks my @ss like no other.

I wanted to add a ticker for bicycling, but it's too hard on my knees with all those hills around my place. So I'll stick to my running (for now), but I will add another ticker for my walking. I just ALMOST NEVER walk after a run, and when I don't walk, I can ''feel'' me the next morning. So in order for me to walk after a run, I'll make a walking goal as well.

So that will be 85 miles running only, and another 40 miles walking. I'll make up two tickers, if it's ok with you Dinos, of course! :0)

Enough said... I have a plan to reach my goal this month and NOTHING will get in my way this time! Beware!!

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • Carmelos63
    Carmelos63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in kicking it up to 70 miles this month up only 5 miles but i just started running so I'm keeping it real.. Good luck everyone
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm in for June too. Going to up my goal from 60 to 75 since recovery seems to be going really well, but I'm going to be starting back in the office in June.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this challenge so I'll set a realistic goal for myself - I'll aim for 60 miles (running) in June.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    I'm in! June is going to be complicated so I am only in for 100 miles (walking and running). Thank you Denise and Dino. Welcome back everyone and hello newbies!
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm a newb. So I'm going to be realistic and say 50 miles on the treadmill.
  • jennynoel
    jennynoel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am joining this challenge in hopes that it will motivate me to start running. I am only setting my goal at 30 miles. If I can get in 2 miles every other day that will be a huge improvement over what I'm doing now!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Thanks Denise for setting up the June challenge, and to Dinos for tracking our progress. this challenge is awesome.

I'm going to up my target from 60 to 80 miles this month, to be achieved from a combination of walking and elliptical.

Nice to see so many familiar faces signed up already and welcome to any newbies :flowerforyou:
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! This is my first time doing the challenge. I love biking but want to get myself running more. I'll set my goal for the month at 60 miles. Good luck everyone!

exercise.png
  • glenoakchic2006
    glenoakchic2006 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in I am rather new to the move your a** challenges I did may and suprised myself so I will be uping my miles from 80 in may to 150 in June. I'm ready.

exercise.png
  • Noel1114
    Noel1114 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie. I hate running so only doing walking at mom. Gonna set 80 miles walking and to get me off my @ss gonna try another 40 miles cycling ( make me do something new )
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I am back in and struggling big time to make my goals. Soooo for the month of June I am going to do 1 walking mile a day. So 30 days in June I will walk 30 miles.

Good luck everyone. You can do it!!!
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for this month. I really enjoyed the challenge last month.

I am going to stick with logging running miles only but I am going to lower my target for this month to 65 miles as I am doing a 5k on the 10th of June so I will be aiming for shorter (and hopefully quicker) runs on the run-up to the race.

I am also going to try to work on improving my time over the 10K distance so I plan to focus more on interval training and shorter 'tempo' runs for the next few weeks!

Good luck everyone & thanks for the challenge!
  • dmwells3
    dmwells3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am new here, but I'm in. I'll set my goal for 50 miles and hope for more.

exercise.png
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie, but I am down to try this out. I'll go for a first month goal of 110 miles. Thanks for the challenge!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in...my goal 85miles for June
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would like to join for June :) I'd like to set myself a target of 200km - 5km runs 3x a week and a 10k 1x a week and the rest through walking...