Does dating affect your fitness progress?

Options

Replies

• Shakila87
    Shakila87 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hell yes!! Especially if they want to eat at resturaunts all the time..Or go to the bar where drinks have massive amounts of calories..My next date I'm going to invite them to the gym for a walk on the treadmill and some basketball on the court!!
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It can, which is why I am not dating because I won't let it. Most guys think I am not interested because I have to get home to workout M-F, it is my priority. No, I can't (don't want to) meet you for a drink, dinner after work. I am a hot sweaty mess after doing my fitness programs. I still have to cook/eat/clean and by the time all is said and done it is 8:30-9? WOW :tongue:

Say what you will, I don't do the morning workouts. I barely make it to work by 7. I don't want to hear, well just get up at 4:30 am to do your workout. ha ha. Just sayin.:glasses:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    biggest mostivator ever, and having someone to show off to/for.... makes me kill it so much harder at the gym....

only works if you both care though, if one is a lazy bum that doesnt appreciate hard work on your body- then its no fun
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    then again, I usually dont start the social part of my evening until 11 or so- so i can go home after work, workout, come home shower and change, OR workout in the morning - either way- there's time there
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that unless they are into working out.. and sometimes even when they are... it does effect how often I work out. :-( I think it might be unavoidable in most cases. Sorry
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I think it can hinder you a bit. My SO and I live together now. It's definitely a challenge to eat how I used to on my own which is where I made a lot of my progress. If I can keep avoiding those poptarts and sodas and high calorie snacks he buys, I think I should be OK.
    As long as he expects me to cook dinner I have control over what to include in the meal. Even if I have to hide the healthy stuff :wink:
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Actually, my fitness journey affects my dating life; not the other way around. I won't go to bars as much, don't spend much time on dating websites as I used to; heck, my friday night date is WITH the GYM! Plus, I'm not the one to go to the restaurant 3-4x a week, I'd rather eat well at home instead (and know what's really in my plate, or sort of anyways). So I know not all men can deal with this, and it's ok. I'm prepared to stay single for a little while, more time to work out ;-)

Basically, I want someone who'll support me through all this. My ex did. Maybe I need to start dating someone from the gym, who is living the same 'lifestyle' than me!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes. The guys I'm with eat horribly and it makes it harder for me to eat well. They work out all the time, but they just eat sooo bad! But I like having the motivation of showing off to him haha
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know :sad: I've only been getting healthy nice I've been single!
    Same! :sad:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have this problem? I start dating someone and my working out goes to crap. #singleftw
    and...this is why i don't date fitness and eating is my life :laugh:
    i'm married to my exercise and food :indifferent:
    even if i got with someone, i'm sure she would get bored and annoyed at me watching everything i eat and measuring everything and me being in the gym 5 days a week. I'm not changing this for anyone. The only way it would work would probably be with someone that counts calories too :ohwell:
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Even more motivation for me to stay fit :)
  • vasogoma
    vasogoma Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I am dating I do break my diet a little more because my boyfriend takes me out to have dinner and such, but somehow dating motivates me to take care of myself more so I do more exercise, plus it has me less anxious leading to less binging :)
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my eating habits go to crap when my hubby is home on weekends:embarassed:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    As far as other things not involving time...alot of restaurants have "smart" choices on their menus so that helps(or they always have and i was too busy looking at burgers to notice) or i do alot of walking and talking on dates than i have in the past (blown transmission also to blame)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know :sad: I've only been getting healthy since I've been single!

Ditto. :sad:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have this problem? I start dating someone and my working out goes to crap. #singleftw
    even if i got with someone, i'm sure she would get bored and annoyed at me watching everything i eat and measuring everything and me being in the gym 5 days a week. I'm not changing this for anyone. The only way it would work would probably be with someone that counts calories too :ohwell:

There are plenty of women who wish their boyfriends counted calories
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    well I'm single and I don't want to be committed to anyone until this journey is over.. :)
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have no issues finding healthy meals when dining out, but I do prefer to date fit or active men. I keeps me motivated and I love being able to enjoy an active lifestyle together. It makes the journey to be fit everyday that much more second nature! I can't date men that are less active than me, even if I prioritize fitness over spending time with the guy - I just don't want to be with a partner that doesn't share my objectives.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My husband is always trying to get me to exercise. That douche canoe.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options

There are plenty of women who wish their boyfriends counted calories

You're right!!!
    I wish I would meet someone who weights & counts their food as well (or doesn't mind that I do). It would make life much easier... I know some people think I'm obsessed, and maybe I am, so I'd love to meet someone who's as crazy about fitness as I am.