Really, you think it is the same.....seriously!!!!

Options

Replies

• moniquelessard
    Options
    I like when people slam people for being judgmental...doesn't that mean you are also being judgmental? Let's all just be nice =]

Wait... so doesn't that mean you are slamming people who are being judgmental about people being judgmental?

:bigsmile:

This made tea come out my nose, from laughing! Thanks a lot! lol
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have many friends working to lose weight, and some are just melting away... my weighloss and size are very similar to yours and I too am working my butt off. I am happy for my friends who are losing the weight and excited they are reaching their goals, and know that each person's journey is just that their journey... but sometimes I am a little jealous they are just melting away, and sometimes I'm angry that they don't do it my way.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I agree, it would make me mad too, BUT, remember that all of us on this journey are SOLO RACERS, we are not competing AGAINST each other. When people make those kind of comparisons, just nod and say "that's great she's found a tool to help her lose weight. Call me 'old fashioned' but in my experience, those measures are temporary and/or possibly dangerous so I prefer to avoid them. That's great if she can tolerate them so well." It sounds like a compliment but gets your point across, that your HEALTH comes first.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like when people slam people for being judgmental...doesn't that mean you are also being judgmental? Let's all just be nice =]

Wait... so doesn't that mean you are slamming people who are being judgmental about people being judgmental?

:bigsmile:

Hahah No i personally don't care. I was just pointing out the irony
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    If you "just do you" and not worry about what other people are doing to loose weight, you'll be a saner person!

I learned that after a year of being on MFP. We are all trying something different to get to our goals.

You may not agree with what she's doing to loose weight, but I may not agree with what you're doing. What's right for you may not be right for someone else, regardless how you personally feel about it. It's their choice for them and has nothing to do with you.

Good luck with your endeavors! (I mean that in the nicest way possible)
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Instead of having a civil conversation, you turned it ugly. Sorry but this one's on you.

AGREED!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" who started dieting with the help of phentermine around the same time I started my lifestyle change. She immediately lost 11 lbs in one month while I was averaging a 1-1.5 lb per week loss during the same month. When we were visiting and catching up one day she commented on my low loss amount and said I needed to go to my doctor and get some phentermine because it would really help me. I just smiled and said "no thanks." Then she proceeded to call me obsessive because I log everything I eat every day and said I was crazy for getting up at 5:30 am to exercise.

She quit taking the phentermine about 6 weeks ago. She has since gained all the weight she lost back and then some. I still haven't lost as much as she had, but I'm losing at a steady rate, eating healthy and exercising every day. I feel better at 29 than I did at 18!

I know my husband said to tell her to be sure to save all those size 18 clothes because as soon as she quit taking them she would be bak in them. haha

Yeah.....sorry but seriously you are just plain wrong and spiteful.

I agree with taunto. Spreading hateful thoughts and being jealous does not help anyone. Be happy for her. There is plenty of good in the world for everyone to have some. Her success does not subtract from yours. Chillax.

QFT
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are reteaching yourself a whole new way of living and you will therefore reap the benefits of your approach long after she has regained all of her diet pill quick fix loss. Trust.
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    WOW! You know I do not post a whole lot on here, and as I read through this I am reminded why I do not.

Everyone above that is bashing the OP, and calling her judgemental, is also being judgemental. Her reaction to what happened today is her reaction, dont judge her for it, or make her feel bad for it. If you disagree, keep your opinions to yourself. After all this is the Motivation and support thread.

She was upset about what happened. If you are not going to support her then move on to a new post.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think it is a rash judgement to think that this "woman" isn't trying to maintain a healthy life as well? Just because her husband downplayed her walking, doesn't mean she isn't actually walking a few miles every day. I hate when conversations like this happen, who cares if she takes some fat-blockers while working on her food choices and working out? Plenty of people DO loose weight this way, and they even keep it off after the pills by maintaining their other healthy choices.

I understand comments from others can be frustrating, but I agree that you were too quick to judge what this other woman may or may not be doing by speculating comments from her husband.

Focus on you, and know that you are doing the best you can, that is whats important.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    BTW you are right, anyone can lose weight on diet pills, mainly because its just water weight.

Yeah, 50 pounds of water, sure. Why are you enabling the OP's selfish attitude?

Because its my right as an American.
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think that maybe you don't know everything that is going on in your co-workers life. For example I have a deadline to meet my goals if I do no meet them in time I will miss out on something I really want . If a pill could help I would use it. But in the process I am learning to make better food choices so that I can maintain that weight loss. I in no way mean to say that your weight loss is nothing I am sure that you have worked very hard to get to where you are. I am just saying before you get upset you should remember that you don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think that maybe you don't know everything that is going on in your co-workers life. For example I have a deadline to meet my goals if I do no meet them in time I will miss out on something I really want . If a pill could help I would use it. But in the process I am learning to make better food choices so that I can maintain that weight loss. I in no way mean to say that your weight loss is nothing I am sure that you have worked very hard to get to where you are. I am just saying before you get upset you should remember that you don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

I agree =)
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I would be upset if by the sound of it he came off a little snarky... or maybe you just got a little defensive, I don't know...in any case diet pills don't upset me as I have ao many bottles lying around .. I just Never take them.. I took some caffeine free ones for a couple of days but I decided tonight id stop taking them because they make my stomach feel weird I'm sorta nauseous... so ill nix those... I take it she's taking some perscribed bills.. if my dr would give them to me I might take them.. I've asked her and she's said she wants me to do it on my own before we take such a drastic approach... so whatever...
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being flamed by people.....I feel the same about people who have weight loss surgery like my aunt did. They didn't work for it...
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's the whole diet mentality. Just being healthy and learning how to do it is more important that speedy weight loss. Keep doing what you are doing. You're doing great.

This is America.
    People are lazy even when it comes to losing weight.
    Most people will take the path of least resistance even if that include pills or elective gastric bypass surgery.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I got a little jealous of a friend of mine. I have been working super hard to lose weight and get fit and 27 pounds down since september is a huge feat. But my friend lost 30 pounds in 3 month without working out. She basically just stopped eating and it both worried me and half made me jealous. You need to re-evaluate why you are doing this, for YOU right? Doesn't matter how long it take or who does it better if we keep comparing ourselves to everyone else, we will never be happy. Im guilty of being jealous, but in the end she has a lot of stress in her life and is trying to get over a difficult breakup and its not up to me to judge her for her decisions, just like its not up to you to do the same for your co-workers wife. Its his WIFE he is going to talk about her and brag about her because he loves her and is happy she is making a change.

I agree that OP is being selfish but also jealous.

Why dont people just save their rants for their news feeds?
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    That's the whole diet mentality. Just being healthy and learning how to do it is more important that speedy weight loss. Keep doing what you are doing. You're doing great.

This is America.
    People are lazy even when it comes to losing weight.
    Most people will take the path of least resistance even if that include pills or elective gastric bypass surgery.

Good thing i live in Canada. Dodged a bullet there!!! ;)
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being flamed by people.....I feel the same about people who have weight loss surgery like my aunt did. They didn't work for it...

Trying to decide if I even want to respond to this.....