• shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    What do you log that under?

I have a HRM so i just use what that tells me
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Your body will adapt. I just finished Insanity and I remember the first few weeks doing those 1,2,3's and not being able to keep up with those in the video but over time I did get faster.

Remember someone a lot smarter then us invited something called a Pause Button!!

Keep pushing play!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Doing any kind of plyometrics when you're overweight to the point of obesity (no offense) is a recipe for knee destruction. And you can't "modify" the workouts to remove the plyometric element without defeating the entire purpose.

Insanity is more or less athletic training for people who are already reasonably fit and don't have much left to lose. Doing it before this point can come back to haunt you later on in life.

I actually asked my trainer about this very subject some time ago and he says he is disgusted with how all these beachbody programs are trying to push high impact, plyometric workouts on out of shape people because it simply is not a fitness tool for people like that. It WILL lead to injury (probably not now but later) because it is meant to be used as training for athletes who are already in athletic shape.
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently at 201 and I have been itching to try this. I just might now that I know others have lived to tell the tale :P
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Insanity, but that's how I was when I first started P90X. I felt like I was going to puke after the first workout. After a couple of weeks though I was able to make it all the way through and after a few more weeks I was able to keep up with the pace too. Just hang in there!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Okay sooo im 5'4 and 192lbs and when i attempt to do insanity i find myself needing to take major breaks like every few minutes.

Like i almost feel too fat to move around this quickly... hahaha

Is this something where i continue to stick with it and just try my best even if i cant keep up?

I feel so blah every time i put it in cos i cant move around like they do.....

I didn't even attempt Insanity until completing 2 rounds of P90X taking me from 214 to 182, I'm male and 6 feet by the way.
    I guess my comment is why choose such a difficult workout program? If you have to stop every 30 seconds I don't see the point of attempting it yet.

Let's just cut to the chase. It is designed to be done balls out like they do it. Half assed Insanity is not Insanity. However, if you choose to keep going just do the best you can and push yourself more and more each time.

Tim
  • biggbruizer
    biggbruizer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i was 350 when i started. but if you stick with it you will eventually be able to get a rythem you can keep up with. of course that about when they start month 2 :)
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Insanity is what I started out with when I began my weightloss back in October 2010. I did four straight rounds of it and then moved onto Asylum and running. I am 5'6" and weighed 213 when I started (now 140). I had to take a ton of extra breaks when I started. Just keep doing what you can do and try not to compare yourself to those "machines" in the videos. You will eventually get stronger and build up your stamina. Good luck!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Let's just cut to the chase. It is designed to be done balls out like they do it. Half assed Insanity is not Insanity. However, if you choose to keep going just do the best you can and push yourself more and more each time.

Tim

This. If you're not able to at least somewhat keep up with the pace that's intended and you try to "dial it down" to suit your fitness level, you're better off doing other, more moderate intensity things because you're not getting as much benefit from it as you might think.
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ya know... you can do anything you put your mind to. It may be difficult right now.. but im doing it and that is all that matters. It may be a balls out program but you know what IM GOING FOR IT!! I love all the supportive people on here!!
  • LoriaR84
    LoriaR84 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 255lbs. I have started Insanity. It is very hard by far, however, you can do it. You are burning calories because you are moving. I take a million breaks. I can barely get through the warm up. Just keep pushing, keep form, and listen to your body.
  • joettewarner120
    Options
    Hi, what is this insanity that you are al taking about??
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi, what is this insanity that you are al taking about??

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do
  • LoriaR84
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm the same height and weight as you are. I'm having surgery in 2 weeks and want to be under 200. I was thinking about doing insanity since its so intense. How has it worked for you?
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 197lbs and 2 weeks into Insanity- it does get easier! Take as many breaks as you need but not as many as you want, if that makes sense. You'll soon be doing it with less breaks and faster reps :)
  • theoden524
    theoden524 Posts: 26
    Options
    c_ocean is right, you'll soon need less breaks and burning a ton more calories. I'm restarting Month 2 tomorrow due to some work schedule issues, can't wait!

- Matt
  • LoriaR84
    Options
    Well, today and yesterday went well. But I am hurting!!!!!

8434533.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods