BRAND NEW TEAM RECRUITING... YELLOW TEAM!!

Options

Replies

• Sunsama
    Sunsama Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I'm back form my exceedingly long weekend and am ready to sleep for a week straight -.- I weighed myself this morning and I gained 4 pounds :X But I guess it could have been worse!!! I hope everyone has been well, and happy weight loss!
  • laughingfox
    Options
    Wow, Accountant_Boi! You were HANDED a FREE MUFFIN and didn't eat it? That might not be a big deal for you...but it is for me! Go you! I am really proud of you. Someday, I hope to have that kind of willpower! :happy:

I have FINALLY got back to exercising. Not an hour walk like I'd like to do, but I did 10 minutes of ab exercises and 17 minutes of an aerobic dance video from ExerciseTV. I probably burned less than 100 calories, but...hey, I'm well enough to MOVE again, so that's something!

It's SNOWING here! Holy moly! :noway: I love snow but...I like fall too! We skipped over it!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Wow, Accountant_Boi! You were HANDED a FREE MUFFIN and didn't eat it? That might not be a big deal for you...but it is for me! Go you! I am really proud of you. Someday, I hope to have that kind of willpower! :happy:

Thanks!! I was about to give in after lunch today and eat it, but after reading your comment I decided that I didn't need it. I put it out in the kitchen area where I work for someone else to have, or I knew I would give in... Instead I had a small reeses pumpkin - I know it's not good either, but it's much fewer calories/fat/etc. (The whole muffin would've been 22g of fat!!!!!)

LaughingFox - also, congrats on being able to get back to your exercise! I went almost a week without it this last week :blushing: (due to poor time management and a little bit of laziness) and it felt really good to work out last night. I'm sure it's even moreso for you.

I meant to eat fruit with my lunch but I didn't have the chance because I was on the go and I brought messy fruit today. (oops) Will have to remember to pack lunch appropriately in the future cause now I'm hungry... but I'll stick it out and eat a good dinner when I get home.

P.S. I agree about the whole snow thing... we had some here over the weekend. I don't mind it, but I want fall first!!
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    accountant_boi... awesome job!! that is amazing

I am still the same weight.. i suppose that is better than a gain..

had to take my little man to the ER last night with a 104.5 temp! He is mostly better and has an ear infection but is on meds and should be better soon.. my poor little man was an inferno last night..

we got to the ER at almost 11 pm and left around 2 am.. why do babies/kids always get super sick at night when you have to spend $100 at the ER.. and not just the co-pay at the doctors office?!?!
  • laughingfox
    Options
    Oh no, Kristen! I am so glad your little guy is okay! That is scary stuff -- a temp. of 104 is really up there, and I bet you were really worried. As far as the timing...my mother used to say the same thing about me! I never got sick on a week day or before 10 o'clock. We spent a lot of time in the urgent care...one time we had to go all the way down town, and wait for 4 hours to even see anybody!
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi yellow team!

I've been at my brother's home since Thursday, and he has dial up, (horrors) so I haven't been online.

Good news is: I am back to 270, so I lost the 2 pounds I had gained last week. Bad news is, it is cold and raining, and I am so not motivated to walk! I know some of you are slogging through snow, so I won't complain too much ...

I am going to check out the 100 push ups thing ... I actually got up to 23 pushups (girl style) during boot camp ...

And like accountant boi, gotta get to the grocery store to stock up on good healthy food.
  • kristen5286
    Options
    Alright everyone.. I am back!

Eli's temperature is normal!! Thank goodness!!

I have lost another lb!! I'm 202.2 now! Woo hoo!!

How are y'all doing?!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    DartboardDiva - welcome back! And congrats on losing the 2 lbs - that's great!! Poor you... can't imagine having to deal with dial-up... I haven't had that in probably 9 years or so. I don't think I'd have the patience to use it now that I'm used to cable internet.

Kristen - so glad to hear your son is better. :smile: With all the scary flu and other illnesses going around I hate to hear about anyone getting sick.
    --
    I've had a good week so far - I worked out both Mon and Tuesday (yay me!) but I have a test I have to take tonight for my Investments Management class, so I doubt I'm going to make it tonight. But...that's okay. I broke down and stopped by Starbucks this afternoon (I took a few hours off to run some errands and study), but I was good and got a skim milk chai latte... 200 calories, but not bad compared to most of the other choices. I still have enough calories left for a decent dinner too!

I weighed myself last night and I'm down about a pound from my Sunday-night weigh-in... woohoo! But I'm going to wait and see where I'm at next Sunday - I tend to have fluctuations of a pound or two up and down over the course of a week, so I don't want to get too excited yet.

By the way... you guys are welcome to call me Tiff rather than accountant_boi... much easier to type! :tongue:
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am still here. I haven't been doing so great with food, so I may be up a couple of pounds. I need a new battery in my scale and I keep forgetting while I am out. I have still been exercising. I want to do better this week. Congrats to everyone who lost this week!
  • Sunsama
    Sunsama Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tiff- yea it's much easier to type than accountant_boi! Good luck on your test, and congrats on your loss! I'm currently running on dialup cause they dont offer highspeed internet where I live =( Sometimes I hate livin in the boonies..... =P

Shelli- I hope your doing well, don't worry about this week as long as you do better next week =)

Kristen- so glad to hear your boys doin better!! I was worried for a bit there

Hope everyone is doing well and doin good on their goals. I haven't been able to work out like I want cause my grandpas been in the hospital and I've been up there most of the time. He's doing better so maybe I can start workin out again =)
  • kristen5286
    Options
    Tiff- yea it's much easier to type than accountant_boi! Good luck on your test, and congrats on your loss! I'm currently running on dialup cause they dont offer highspeed internet where I live =( Sometimes I hate livin in the boonies..... =P

Shelli- I hope your doing well, don't worry about this week as long as you do better next week =)

Kristen- so glad to hear your boys doin better!! I was worried for a bit there

Hope everyone is doing well and doin good on their goals. I haven't been able to work out like I want cause my grandpas been in the hospital and I've been up there most of the time. He's doing better so maybe I can start workin out again =)

thank you.. im taking him to a follow up apt here in a minute.. this is his frist time getting sick so i was freaking out! lol
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Thanks! I think my test actually went really well and I even took it early than I expected, so I had time to get a 30 min. workout in last night. Yay me!
  • shelli1923
    Options
    I did a Fantastic job yesterday! I burned 500 cals working out and stayed within my calorie range! YAY!!! Lets see if I can do it again today? I have to go shopping for a coat for my baby girl, have to get a new scale battery, and I have to go get formula. Busy, busy and its COLD outside! I would rather stay home!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Shelli - great job!!!

Happy Boss' day to anyone who is a boss on this list. :smile:

So a coworker of mine just came over and said they have donuts over in their row... I love donuts! But... I'm going to be good and stay away. I don't need the calories/fat/sugar. My department is going out to lunch for boss' day, but since we decided where we are going yesterday, I was able to go online and pick out a pretty reasonable lunch - a 7oz petite sirloin steak (only around 200 calories!), some baby green beans and some broccoli. The veggies are higher in fat than I would prefer, but I can adjust my other meals today to make up for it - I may see if I can have them cooked without the buttery sauce they noramlly come in, which should cut down on the fat significantly.

Anyways... I'm proud of myself for planning ahead. This is the 1st time I've gone out to eat at a restaurant since starting MFP about 3 weeks ago.
  • Karebear220
    Options
    Woohoo i hit the 5lb mark this morning. SO proud of myself considering that i was bad yesterday LOL. Im gonna go to the gym as soon as it opens today. Then I'll do some housework. Have a great weekend guys and gals.
  • laughingfox
    Options
    Hey everybody! GREAT JOB on all of the losses! I am so proud of you!

Not much going on here at all -- it's pretty sad, actually, how little I have to talk about! I guess I'll just say that I hope everybody is doing GREAT! :flowerforyou:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I have a book recommendation for you all: "The Beck Diet Solution: Train your brain to think like a thin person" by Judith S. Beck.

My therapist recommended the book to me, and I really like what I've read so far. It is a cognitive therapy approach that basically teaches you how to diet (that term is used loosely - it applies to just watching what you eat as well as to popular diets that are out there). It works with whatever eating plan you are on and helps with the motivation and positive thinking that we need to stick with it and get through the challenges that all people trying to lose weight have (or will) face.

I'm currently reading a library-borrowed copy but will probably buy my own when I have to return this one. :smile:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Wow - everyone's been pretty quiet. Just thought I would officially 'check-in' for the week. I am down to 216.5, so I lost about 4 1/2 pounds! First time in a long time I've been out of the 220's... I'm so excited. :smile:
  • shelli1923
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I weighed in this morning and am still sitting at 180. No weight lost in 3 weeks. :frown: I did however measure and have lost 4 inches!:smile: I've never plateaued so early while dieting. Oh well, my clothes fit a little better, so I'm happy. I feel like I'm getting a cold or my allergies are acting up. My eyes are so dry, itchy, and watery and don't want to keep them open. I'm starting to cough, too. I took some Nyquil last night and now I have a Nyquil hangover. Thought working out would help but now I just feel like going back to bed...too bad my baby doesn't agree. I did a 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds video.

Tiff- Great job on the 4 1/2 lbs! That's fantastic!
  • laughingfox
    Options
    Congratulations, Tiff! Good going! :flowerforyou:

I'm sorry you are sick, Shelli -- and about the plateau, too! But 4 inches is GREAT! I would love to see that kind of change! :smile:

As usual, nothing new with me! Though, I will admit, I tried some silly workout videos, just for fun. I really liked Carmen Electra's hip hop one, but NOT the Fit to Strip -- I thought it would be fun, but it was way too difficult! :laugh: I don't think, no matter how thin I get, I will ever be "fit to strip". I am so not coordinated in the hip/butt area. :tongue: