Ladies...Shoot it to me strait!

Options

Replies

• lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The first time hurts and then it lessens each time until its more pressure than pain - but I wouldn't recommend going in the week before your period as I have found this makes it a lot more painful, the week after is the most painless.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I get my eyebrows waxed regularly and it only hurts for a second or two, but ive had other bits of me waxed when i was bored and needed a little pick me up.... NEVER AGAIN!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide to use, DO NOT USE THIS STUFF:
    http://amzn.to/IAjA9u (ouch)

It's a link to the Veet for men reviews on Amazon, some of them are fairly eye-watering to say the least :)

(Consider yourself warned)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to figure out if dealing with the pain would be worth the end result. I figure i can start doing it now and get use to it, hopefully. I would be getting it professionally done, since there is no way in hell i could "pull the trigger" lol

Yes, it hurts. What are you planning on getting done and for what occasion? I get my eye brows waxed once a month, I used to get more done but I just started doing laser hair removal instead. It's pretty amazing actually and doesn't hurt much. You will save money in the long run with laser.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're waxing. The more tender the skin, the worse it hurts.

^this^

I only have my eye brows waxed though. My left brow actually hurts more & also it can hurt more during TOM. But it's a quick pain that goes away less than a minute.
  • sophy28
    sophy28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a beautician and yes it really hurts! but well worth it. Obviously I cant recommend this to my clients but I have a couple of paracetamol or ibuprofen an hour before I get waxed and sit with a glass of wine while its being done to take the edge of the pain :P

Different areas hurt more. Rule of thumb I say Its legs, eyebrows, bikini line then underarms are the worst!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts like hell.

This. But the results are totally worth it. take some advil first, and don't doing it around TOM because you're more sensitive then. Get the strips you just have to heat between your hands--they work awesome and are less messy. Good luck!

Seconded! But TOTALLY worth it IMHO. Also, some areas are more sensitive than others. On a pain scale, I would rate:

Brazillian: 9, 10 on the pelvic bone (OMG, not fun)
    Under Arm: 7
    Legs: 3 (because I did it after the brazillian, it was a cakewalk lol)

a 9 or 10?!??!??!?!? F-me!

Okay, I'll qualify that by saying it was my TOM, so my pain was increased. Plus, it was my first time, and them roots go deep. It gets less painful the more you do it, trust me!

Plus, the pain only lasts a minute. Not gonna lie, it sucks, but again, very worthwhile!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Legs are not fun but not particularly bad. I tried a 1" square on my nether regions ONCE. Never again. I'm getting that lasered. Lasering takes longer but it hurts less and after 2 years of going every 8 weeks, it will be done.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    I wax my car sometimes, it doesn't really hurt, but if I do it vigorously enough I might feel a little sore afterwards.

:)

Hope the comic relief numbs the virtual pain I feel after reading all these posts. WHY am I reading it? Good question.
  • nancyatalla
    Options
    i won't lie, it hurts but it's not unbearable. take a few advil 45 minutes before and make sure you go to someone who knows what they are doing. Over the years, i've used a number of different places and i have found that EUROPEAN WAX CENTERS are the least painful.... (and most sanitary) . the pain is minimal... Kind of like a paper cut... it stings for a few seconds and then it's gone. they are all over the place now so just google for the closest one to you...
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've only had my eyebrows waxed (too impatient to wait for my legs) and it honestly wasn't that bad. After the initial shock, you get used to it!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Waxing eyebrows doesn't really hurt.
    Unless your mother burns you like mine did lol

It depends what you're waxing I would assume.

I've done laser hair removal for the lady parts, so totally worth it.
    It hurts, kind of like a tattoo but in much shorter bursts and the pain goes away much faster than a tat.

We tried underarms for LHR (interesting story lol), that didn't really hurt much
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're waxing. The more tender the skin, the worse it hurts.

^this^

I only have my eye brows waxed though. My left brow actually hurts more & also it can hurt more during TOM. But it's a quick pain that goes away less than a minute.

I plan to get the real deal, brazilian. I have had my eye brows wax and while it hurt, i got over it fast. I'm just nervous that she will pull one strip and ill be done with, and have a half waxed "who-ha". lol I guess im thinking about it like a tattoo. Its painful, but push through it and its worth the end product.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Better off getting a No!No! cheaper in the long run too!

http://www.my-no-no.com/
  • nas24
    Options
    Better off getting a No!No! cheaper in the long run too!

http://www.my-no-no.com/

Does that really work?!??!
    and on your "lady area"?
  • srowny
    srowny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts I found that the first time was the worst but it got better over time becasue u know what to expect and so you are mentaly prepared but i love it and is well worth the pain
  • nas24
    Options
    I'm a beautician and yes it really hurts! but well worth it. Obviously I cant recommend this to my clients but I have a couple of paracetamol or ibuprofen an hour before I get waxed and sit with a glass of wine while its being done to take the edge of the pain :P

Different areas hurt more. Rule of thumb I say Its legs, eyebrows, bikini line then underarms are the worst!

I need to find a place that lets me drink before hand, or that is near a bar....lol
  • nas24
    Options
    I wax my car sometimes, it doesn't really hurt, but if I do it vigorously enough I might feel a little sore afterwards.

:)

Hope the comic relief numbs the virtual pain I feel after reading all these posts. WHY am I reading it? Good question.

Nice!
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I prefer epilating, that's a pain I can control myself, rather than go all brutal in one go^^
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Don't take me as crazy...but I don't completely agree. I don't find waxing that painful (and I've waxed everything at some point....) I think it depends on your ability to tolerate pain, what you're waxing etc.

And a little bit of ibuprofen half an hour before can work wonders (my sister does this.)