My One Year Anniversary on MFP Before & After Pics

Options
MzMiller1215
MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
It has officially been one year since I began my journey towards a healthy lifestyle with the magnificent help of MFP. I started out with no definitive plan; I just wanted to lose weight. Seeing how I looked at my sister’s wedding was an eye-opener for me and I didn’t like what I saw. I quickly discovered that I wasn’t going to be able to do it by eating the same foods because I stayed hungry! It was very helpful to have access to my MFP pals’ diaries to see what they were eating and give it a try. Thanks to them, I now love Greek yogurt and tilapia and I keep processed foods to a minimum.

The most important lesson I have learned throughout my journey is not to beat myself up simply because I ate a bad meal or had a bad eating day. I remember emailing TooHott2Trott about a month into my journey saying that I wanted to give up because I ate chocolate raspberry cake at lunch and it went downhill from there. She said, “Big deal, it happens. Start over tomorrow.” It seems ridiculous to me now but, in the past, I always gave up because I cheated on whatever diet I was on at the time. Speaking of diets, I also discovered that long lasting success comes from being able to eat what you want in moderation. As soon as I told myself that I couldn’t eat this or that, I craved it until I gave in and binged on that particular food. I love that MFP allows me to count the calories that I eat daily and if I exercise, what extra calories I have earned. I rarely ever eat my exercise calories but, I like having that cushion for just in case I have a taste for my favorite chips or cookies.

My goal for this next year is to build more muscle. I absolutely LOVE strength training! I still do cardio but, I feel even better after a great weightlifting workout. I am 4 lbs shy of reaching my goal weight, however, that is not important to me anymore. I only care about how I fit in my clothes and how I look naked. Yes, I said it. :happy: Hopefully one day I will be good enough to compete in a fitness competition. My 16 yr old thinks that would be “so cool” to watch me compete. :smile: I am in this for life. I will continue to work towards progress; not perfection, because no one is perfect.

This is me at my sister's wedding on May 23, 2011. Yuck!

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/IMAG0139Copy.jpg[/img]

When I actually started working out at 167 lbs and my progress.

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/DSCF1569-3-1-1.jpg[/img]

I had this taken today at 134 lbs. I let my husband pick out a bikini for me. Just the thought of wearing a bikini makes me nauseous!

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/DSCF1647.jpg[/img]

My back is my favorite body part. It shows the hard work I have done.

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/DSCF1649.jpg[/img]

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It has officially been one year since I began my journey towards a healthy lifestyle with the magnificent help of MFP. I started out with no definitive plan; I just wanted to lose weight. Seeing how I looked at my sister’s wedding was an eye-opener for me and I didn’t like what I saw. I quickly discovered that I wasn’t going to be able to do it by eating the same foods because I stayed hungry! It was very helpful to have access to my MFP pals’ diaries to see what they were eating and give it a try. Thanks to them, I now love Greek yogurt and tilapia and I keep processed foods to a minimum.

The most important lesson I have learned throughout my journey is not to beat myself up simply because I ate a bad meal or had a bad eating day. I remember emailing TooHott2Trott about a month into my journey saying that I wanted to give up because I ate chocolate raspberry cake at lunch and it went downhill from there. She said, “Big deal, it happens. Start over tomorrow.” It seems ridiculous to me now but, in the past, I always gave up because I cheated on whatever diet I was on at the time. Speaking of diets, I also discovered that long lasting success comes from being able to eat what you want in moderation. As soon as I told myself that I couldn’t eat this or that, I craved it until I gave in and binged on that particular food. I love that MFP allows me to count the calories that I eat daily and if I exercise, what extra calories I have earned. I rarely ever eat my exercise calories but, I like having that cushion for just in case I have a taste for my favorite chips or cookies.

My goal for this next year is to build more muscle. I absolutely LOVE strength training! I still do cardio but, I feel even better after a great weightlifting workout. I am 4 lbs shy of reaching my goal weight, however, that is not important to me anymore. I only care about how I fit in my clothes and how I look naked. Yes, I said it. :happy: Hopefully one day I will be good enough to compete in a fitness competition. My 16 yr old thinks that would be “so cool” to watch me compete. :smile: I am in this for life. I will continue to work towards progress; not perfection, because no one is perfect.

IMAG0139Copy.jpg

When I actually started working out at 167 lbs and my progress.

DSCF1569-3-1.jpg

I had this taken today at 134 lbs. I let my husband pick out a bikini for me. Just the thought of wearing a bikini makes me nauseous!

DSCF1569-3-1.jpg

DSCF1649.jpg

sorry tried to fix it
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    First...Congratulations!! :-)

Second, I think that if you change everywhere it says 'IMG' in your pictures to lowercase your pictures will show up in the post.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Tried to fix it but couldn't. Congrats to you =)
  • MzMiller1215
    Options
    Thanks! I still can't get it to work. Ugh! I don't need this today! :laugh:
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    DSCF1649.jpg
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Awe, I can't see pics, but congrats on our success! Ms. Hottness is a great friend to have, isn't she!
  • jlawson113
    jlawson113 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary!! Hard work is paying off!!

Not gonna lie...I see all the exercise you log and say to myself well damn ok maybe I can do a little bit more...so thanks for that :bigsmile:
  • lbergdvm
    lbergdvm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your ability to celebrate a one year anniversary of being healthy! You are an inspiration! Pix didn't show up on my computer, but I'm sure you look beautiful! Only 362 days until my one year anniversary...
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    You rock !!! Amazing !
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What a stunning transformation. You continue to inspire me - the lazy one that is your inadequate friend.....

You have worked enormously hard and it really does show.

WELL DONE
  • Fairieluv77
    Fairieluv77 Posts: 95
    Options
    Awesome! You look absolutely fantastic.
  • MzMiller1215
    Options

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/IMAG0139Copy.jpg[/img]

When I actually started working out at 167 lbs.

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/DSCF1382-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/DSCF1647.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/MzMiller1215/Fitness Progress Pics/DSCF1649.jpg[/img]
  • MzMiller1215
    Options
    Sorry for the cut off picture. I still can't get it right. I have to get back to work though. Oh well...I'm still happy with what I have achieved and that's all that matters.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Holymotherofgod...that BACK. :love:

Well done!!! :D
  • miller1208
    miller1208 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hope to continue to follow you on your journey. You are an inspiration to so many of us!
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. Absolutely amazing!

Thanks so much for sharing. It's amazing what a 'little healthy living' will do.

You look wonderful!
  • wabecca
    wabecca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! You look absolutely amazing!
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    You look awesome! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!