How do I gain self esteem??

Options
Any ideas? I still have weight to lose, but I feel fat and ugly still. Maybe that will never change no matter what I weigh.

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There isn`t a magic answer but trust me you are neither fat nor ugly. :flowerforyou:
  • KendyDawn81
    KendyDawn81 Posts: 63
    Options
    I feel the same way, even though I have people tell me different. I guess maybe it's just a mental mind-set that you need to overcome, but it's hard! Even when I was a size 4/6, I still felt that way.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    There isn`t a magic answer but trust me you are neither fat nor ugly. :flowerforyou:

Listen to Carl, he is very wise.
    Hopefully putting some time and effort into taking care of yourself will help you feel better, I know it's worked for me.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    by doing the things that you are good at you gain enjoyment and the pleasure in knowing that you are awesome!!!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    My friend, I wish I could tell you. I feel the same way as you. Joining this site was a step in the right direction. For me it's trying to build up what was tore down, the feeling of guilt etc. To me though you are beautiful!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    It's hard. I have a hard time with this too. My bf reminds me on a regular basis that I'm smart and pretty and everything but I have a hard time believing it myself and I point out my flaws regularly. >.<
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can start by removing the negative self talk. Tell yourself everyday that you are worth it. You are worth every change you make, every step you take and every dream you have. You are beautiful and the only person who can add self esteem to you is YOU :) So keep moving in the right direction and remember that you have all the power!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    McDonalds...it comes as a prize in the happy Meal.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

I got mine at Victoria's Secret.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Honey you are BEAUTIFUL and you should be proud of the weight you have lost! I can't tell you if your feelings for yourself will ever change! I hope they will! I hope mine will! But know that you are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love you girl!!! Stay strong!!! You are GREAT motivation for me!!!
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you want self-esteem, behave like someone who already has it. Soon you will become someone with self-esteem.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The "Happy Meal" answer.... Our solutions can be purchased, our happiness can be acquired from pills or fast food or sex...

Wrong. It can be fun trying but wrong. Consequences aren't good with the Happy Meal strategy.

Self esteem takes a lifetime to build, and seconds to destroy. By starting the process of developing self-esteem, you gain some. It takes hard work, an investment of your time and energy, and you have to set goals. Achieving goals and developing a sense of pride in your accomplishing those goals is the time-honored way to gain self-esteem.

...or you can supersize your Bliss burger and eat until you are sad....then suffer the consequences. We've all been someplace like that.
  • kmillar1224
    kmillar1224 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Be your own best friend. Would you ever say those negative thoughts you tell yourself on a regular basis to your friends or family? No, you wouldn't, so why say it to the most important person in the world - yourself?? Every time you start to doubt yourself, turn it around and talk to yourself as if you were your own best friend. It all starts from within, my dear!!! Focus only on the postives and forget the negatives. HUGZ!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Look in the mirror and see what the rest of us see.....your gorgeous!!
    Take the road your on one step at a time!! It'll come to you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

I hear pics is a great self esteem boost.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself with kindness. Chances are you would not tell someone else the things you tell yourself. It's always easier to believe the negative versus the postive. You have to retrain the way you think.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

I hear pics is a great self esteem boost.

If you like how they sound, you should see how they look...
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Be your own best friend. Would you ever say those negative thoughts you tell yourself on a regular basis to your friends or family? No, you wouldn't, so why say it to the most important person in the world - yourself?? Every time you start to doubt yourself, turn it around and talk to yourself as if you were your own best friend. It all starts from within, my dear!!! Focus only on the postives and forget the negatives. HUGZ!!

Beat me to it and said it so much better :flowerforyou:
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Smile and the world smiles with you!

Seriously, if you think positive you feel better. You have done so well so far. Focus on that. Take a good look at how far you have come and you should realise how great you look.

Don't stress about what other people think or don't think of you. It is how you feel in your own skin that is important.

You get one life, make the most of it.

All the best
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    you are beautiful and look what you have accomplished- you are an inspiration to me!!