130lbs to lose ....ahhhhh!!

Options

Replies

• Georgiamolliexx
    Georgiamolliexx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Georgia, Joining MFP was a great choice, I have no doubt you will find success here. I am also 5'10 and started around 287 lbs. Here is my story and pictures:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/612670-100-lbs-down-birthday-progress-pics

I have not finished yet but I am well on my way and if I can do it, you definitely can too! I've sent you a friend request.

Wow you look amazing and a lot younger!! :bigsmile:
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it Georgia! My best friend lost over 100lbs in college for the same reason you did. She still has some stretch marks but they have faded a lot over time and don't change the fact that she still looks AMAZING, especially compared to how unhealthy she was before. Don't worry about little things like stretch marks just yet, you need to focus on getting healthy--and as you get healthy you will realize how beautiful you are!

One hint I do have--look at things they recommend for pregnant women to heal stretch marks, if you eat a proper diet, with enough water and protein and moisturize they will fade faster than if you don't.
  • Georgiamolliexx
    Options
    Hello and welcome - For your stretch marks have u tried creams like bio oil or palmers cocoa butter ? My best advice is to lose weight slowly and to do exercises for toning as well as cardio exercises.

I've lost 100 pounds so far and would like to lose another 30 pounds. I never thought i could do it!! Just take one day at a time - you will prob have bad days and times but if you get straight back to it it won't be a problem.

Good luck xx

U have tried bio oil it seems to improve slightly instantly but are just as bright a few hours later I did buy some cocoa butter yesterday so well see!!
    Wow 100 pounds is amazing I hope I can do the same
  • Georgiamolliexx
    Options
    You can totally do it Georgia! My best friend lost over 100lbs in college for the same reason you did. She still has some stretch marks but they have faded a lot over time and don't change the fact that she still looks AMAZING, especially compared to how unhealthy she was before. Don't worry about little things like stretch marks just yet, you need to focus on getting healthy--and as you get healthy you will realize how beautiful you are!

One hint I do have--look at things they recommend for pregnant women to heal stretch marks, if you eat a proper diet, with enough water and protein and moisturize they will fade faster than if you don't.

Wow thank you I cant get over how supportive everyone on here is :bigsmile:
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I can only echo what others have already said. Make small goals for yourself. Work on being healthy and really taking care of yourself. Just get started, and when you falter, remember why this is important to you, and keep going.
  • reggaelove0503
    reggaelove0503 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i so know how you feel i started in a gym back in april onspring break sitting at home being bored but i actually started a diet plan in january i am a medical assistant student at virginia college and decided that wheni got on our scale in class and weighed in at 298 that was it i was getting it off some how so i went on a low-calorie (1800 a day) and low-to-no-carb (nothing over like 15-20 depending on the food) and high protein diet and so far i have dropped to 264 so anytime you need help or enocouragement you can add me as a friend and holla anytime oh and i am 27yrs old and during high school i was weighing 350lbs than at 18yrs old i dropped to 165 and somehow during college gained most of it back so believe me i know the felling if you want we could be buddies and help each other this fitness pal has helped me
  • Georgiamolliexx
    Options
    i so know how you feel i started in a gym back in april onspring break sitting at home being bored but i actually started a diet plan in january i am a medical assistant student at virginia college and decided that wheni got on our scale in class and weighed in at 298 that was it i was getting it off some how so i went on a low-calorie (1800 a day) and low-to-no-carb (nothing over like 15-20 depending on the food) and high protein diet and so far i have dropped to 264 so anytime you need help or enocouragement you can add me as a friend and holla anytime oh and i am 27yrs old and during high school i was weighing 350lbs than at 18yrs old i dropped to 165 and somehow during college gained most of it back so believe me i know the felling if you want we could be buddies and help each other this fitness pal has helped me

Wow you lost a lot....you can do it again !!! :bigsmile: Let's do it!!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I'd prefer not to get surgery I know saggy skin is likely when I hopefully start losing but anything I can do to avoid surgery I will. :happy:

You are only in your 20's so I don't think you will have to worry about that. If you exercise and eat healthily and lose the weight at a slow steady pace you will probably tone up nicely. You will probably still have stretch marks but that's not the worst thing in the world. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good for you for posting this. I wish you all the best of luck on your weight loss journey. You will be fine, there are some incredibly inspirational/motivational people on this site that will be more then happy to help guide you through and pick you up if you fall.

Good luck once again! (feel free to add me if you like!) :flowerforyou:
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hiya Georgiamollie, Welcome back! and well done for making the decision to give it another go. Hey, I have a similar problem when it comes to me making the decision to quit smoking! Erm yeah this is too hard.....maybe tomorrow then. Lol.

This will be a very daunting and scary thought to you, especially if you are looking way ahead into the future. It will seem like the biggest mountain you have ever stood at the bottom of and looked up and thought 'woah, how the hell am I gonna do that?' If you have the will to succeed, the right tools and lots of help and support along the way.........YOU CAN DO IT.

Start by taking one day at a time. Log absolutely everything ( and I mean everything) that passes your lips, you'll soon see where all the calories are. You will naturally want to either cut out all the high calorie stuff or replace it with something similar but with less calories. Don't starve yourself, it's much better to eat little and often rather than save all your calories for one big meal at the end of the day. Just try and stick to your calorie goal for the day and you won't go far wrong. Listen to your body, it's telling you what you need to do for it to survive! This is a whole lifestyle change and everything will slot into place when you start to see the pounds come off. Finally, and maybe most importantly, don't ever beat yourself up if you have a bad day (or two). Just because you have a weak moment does not mean that you have failed. As I said this is a lifestyle change, what works for others may not work so well for you, but you will find your own way through trial and error and it will continue to be a work in progress. Hopefully you will find that you start having fun with your food, enjoying what you eat and look forward to a fitter, healthier and happy future. I wish you all the success in the world! If you need some xtra support or just someone to sound off to please add me, I'm a good listener and have a wicked sense of humour.

Take care
    Sharon

ps. have a look at my food diary and see the changes I've made. I logged my usual food intake for a couple of days before I started on 'the diet' and you can see how things slowly get changed or replaced. I started my lifestyle change on 23rd March.
  • Georgiamolliexx
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I'd prefer not to get surgery I know saggy skin is likely when I hopefully start losing but anything I can do to avoid surgery I will. :happy:

You are only in your 20's so I don't think you will have to worry about that. If you exercise and eat healthily and lose the weight at a slow steady pace you will probably tone up nicely. You will probably still have stretch marks but that's not the worst thing in the world. Good luck :flowerforyou:

That's what I'm hoping ....thank you
  • Georgiamolliexx
    Options

This will be a very daunting and scary thought to you, especially if you are looking way ahead into the future. It will seem like the biggest mountain you have ever stood at the bottom of and looked up and thought 'woah, how the hell am I gonna do that?' If you have the will to succeed, the right tools and lots of help and support along the way.........YOU CAN DO IT.

Thank you. I'm beginning to think I can....if everyone else can so can I!! It's just very daunting
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Please read this blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Blessedmommy_2x. She is one of my friends on MFP. She does not have a gym membership. Good luck on your journey.
  • Georgiamolliexx
    Options
    You can do it. Please read this blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Blessedmommy_2x. She is one of my friends on MFP. She does not have a gym membership. Good luck on your journey.

It says page not found when I try and click on it :-/
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just remember- one pound at a time- one day at a time. It's so hard- I agree. But just hang in there! Feel free to add me as a friend and I would be happy to try and support you anyway I can- good luck and you can do this!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I too have over one hundred pounds to lose. I know your story very well as I have been overweight most of my life. MFP has been a great help! Please feel free to add me if you'd like. =)
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Guess what!! If you lift weights and keep your body nice and toned, you will totally be able to show everybody your body! Don't try to lose the weight too fast!! :))
  • Kwesi82
    Kwesi82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Before you know you it, there will be a whole new you. See you there!!
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Having been big my entire life, I finally decided that I didn't want to get to 30 the same way. My current weight is 289 (starting weight 328). I also have terrible stretch marks, but yes they do fade. And honestly, once I'm healthy and beautiful (chuckle), I don't care that I'll still have them. The saggy skin does scare me but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Feel free to add me if you would support and a friend.

You can do this!

Debbie
  • KayTay612
    KayTay612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Georgia!

I think you may be my alter ego somewhere out there in the world. I am turning 20 in 12 days, and currently weigh 284. I weighed in the 290s until I lost about ten pounds over the past few months, but I stopped trying after that. I'm back to it with my new job and new ambition this summer. You can join me on this journey! We WILL make our 20s better than our teenage years. I too have always been big and have stretch marks everywhere. But being healthy is so much more important!

Katie