The one thing you stopped doing....

Options

Replies

• sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I stopped eating potato chips and gave up the sodas...and started eating every 3-4 hours.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I stopped sleeping in 5 days a week....
  • prsusa38
    prsusa38 Posts: 29
    Options
    stopped drinking soda's, feel much better now.
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually stop, but started drinking 3 cups of water first thing in the morning. Made a big difference.
  • area55
    area55 Posts: 16
    Options
    no fast food and no diet soda. i drink club soda or sparkling water. much better!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating breakfast. And cut back on sweet tea.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda, which made a huge difference. Now I am trying to control my late night snacking.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    First I cut out a lot of carbs, I was diagnosed diabetic about a year ago, and started eating more fruits and vegetables. I lost about 30 lbs. Next I realized that I wasn't loosing anymore weight, and I came back here and started logging my calories. Now that I watch my calories and move A LOT more I've dropped another 30 lbs. Now to just break the most recent plateau. :)
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking my calories: limited alcohol (a lot!), no soda, juice, iced teas, etc.... pretty much stuck to water and drank PLENTY of it.

Something else that helped A LOT was I cut back on ordering out and going out to eat... you just never know the true calories in those things!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking fizzy drinks and replaced it with water. Can't beat a glass of water with ice, so refreshing.

Stopped having roast potatoes, potato croquettes and yorkshire puddings in my roast dinners. I try and get as much meat and veg as I possibly can on my plate.

Limited crisps by quite a lot.

Limited fast food and takeaways by a lot. My last takeaway was maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago and I didn't have one again till like a month or two before that. I used to have one every week on top of unhealthy snacks.

I eat everything in moderation. If I fancy some ice cream I will fit it into my diet.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Cut out carbonated drinks! They bloat the belly big time, and I lost 2 inches within the first 2 weeks of cutting them out!
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Daily macronutrient and calorie tracking...well, the results weren't immediate but they definitely are apparent in the long run
    For immediate results, burning through all my glycogen stores with a double cardio session - I can lose a few lbs in one day but feel like *kitten* until I eat back enough carbohydrates
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating snacks late at night and I make sure to ALWAYS eat breadkfast in the morning.
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Stopped believing that fast food 4x/wk was okay...
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I stopped skipping meals and lost weight pretty fast just by eating in moderation all day long
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    Started running a lot more (about 10 miles more.week) and stopped drinking a nightly glass of wine.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Stopped making excuses...
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I stopped eating anything that was

a starch
    simple carb
    Complex carb, but grain
    any sugar at all
    fruit
    Any food that didn't have a mother or grow from the ground(Jillian Michael's saying in Master your Metabolism)

I ate only:

lean meats
    fish
    vegetables
    low fat dairy
    water
    coffee
    Diet wild cherry pepsi (when craving sugar, not often)
    other fats in limited quantities

I started walking most days as well.

This is since Sunday of last week that I got this strict. Lost 9.4 pounds since then. This is not a permanent meal plan though. I am doing South Beach Phase 1 and when I leave this phase I will incorporate complex carbs (grains) and fruit slowly.. But until I lose all the weight I am going to 95% of the time stay away from bread, sugar, chocolate, treats and other carbey things. Once it is all lost, I am going for toning and some bodybuilding. I will at that point just eat whatever is best for my body and have appropriate amounts of junk(not much) only as the condition of my body or the way I feel isn't affected.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Stopped making excuses...

This is the number one first key to success in my opinion!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and stopped eating breakfast.

Breakfast is the MOST important meal that you can eat. It gets your metabolism moving as soon as you wake up, rather than just sitting there until you eat lunch. Think of your body/metabolism as a car, if a car has no fuel it will not go anywhere. Well, if your body has no fuel (food) your metabolism will not be burning any calories. I suggest you eat at least a protein bar for breakfast or at least within an hour of waking up. I'm not a fitness expert, or the most fit person in the world, but this is what I have learned studying fitness for the past ten years and being a part of the Beachbody industry.

It must get exhausting running to the gas station every morning to fill your car.

Oh, do you just use the fuel that's left in your tank from the night before like those of us who don't eat breakfast do?