Guys on mfp don't log food???

Options

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I log everything I eat. However, I do NOT log exercise. My doctor stated that it is unreliable and inaccurate, so I don't do it on here. I log it in my manual, just not on MFP and never the calories burned.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Most are just on here looking for gulliable women

Uhm... NO!

Agreed with mead
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Why is it that guys join mfp and don't log their food? I think it is hot when a guy shows the dedication and discipline to log his food AND exercise.

because i know what i need to eat and don't feel the need to count (or worry about) every single calorie i put in my body.
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    I think some think this is a dating site. LOL. Most of my guy friends log and exercise. You are right..It is pretty HOT !!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged in some time now.

I logged religiously before and it gave me a good insight into how much I should be eating. Then I got to a point where I know how much is enough instinctively and I grew out of using it. When I get onto a cutting phase I will start on it again.

I got into going on the forums and giving/taking advice, and that is why I still hang around.

Don't see why people would have a problem with that or assume I'm here to pick up gullible girls...
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I log everything everyday. Food, water, exercise.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Yay, I am not hot because I do log all the food and most of the exercise I do

They said it is hot if you do log your stuff haha, that means I am hot, that is a first :D
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    When I started here, I logged daily & that is how I lost the weight I needed. After a bit I stopped logging, yet have stayed my normal happy weight. in the mean time I a built up a nice groups of "friends" so I like to see how they are doing and talk about running & exercise.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yay, I am not hot because I do log all the food and most of the exercise I do

They said it is hot if you do log your stuff haha, that means I am hot, that is a first :D

Yay, I am hawt!! lol
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Yupp. Or they could be like that one chub chaser guy who was telling girls not to lose weight
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Logging just about everything for now. I suppose that when I find a stable nutrition routine I will stop for the most part. Don't be offended though, I'm doing it for my benefit not anyone else's.
  • blackjax007
    blackjax007 Posts: 52
    Options
    I log everything, everyday. For me to continue to lose weight and become more fit it is essential.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lots of people have been doing this for so long that we/they can track in their heads easily- and dont have to log here to know what theyve done for the day and what they still need. Most of my guy friends are this way. At any point in the day I can ask them about how much theyve eaten as far as calories/protein and they can just tell me off-hand.

I think its pretty different when youre aiming for weight loss vs when you're here for other things like training for an event/race or improving your strength and fitness.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Cuz logging food is for wimps. I just log how many times I bench press cars. That's the manly thing to do
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Yupp. Or they could be like that one chub chaser guy who was telling girls not to lose weight

Whats wrong with Chasing Chubbies? They are easier to Catch when they run from you!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Aw.. did somebody find one male friend doing this and decide to blame it on all men? How cute, and novel too!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Not sure if serious.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I am hit and miss with logging but always post my exercise.

Who knew scratching yourself burned so many calories.
  • Teko03
    Teko03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been on for about 2 months now and logged every day for the first 1.5 months or so. But I've gotten to the point where my I know what to eat and when to eat it, so I personally don't need the log and calorie counting as much now. But I still have days where I do log.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything because I don't want to.......I'm just here for the cake and bacon.