Disgusted!!!

Options

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I want some bacon wrapped jalapenos filled with cream cheese.

Your making me hungry
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    If people are insulting or ridiculing others, you have every right to report them. Make yourself aware of the MFP guidelines so you don't end up reporting something that isn't actually against the rules.

Interacting with hateful people only gives them more material to work with. Don't respond, report!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You know, I love how this site can help so many people work towards their goals, so I suggest it to friends. Maybe I should not be doing that.

I have to say I am disgusted with some of your behaviour on this site! Someone makes a post and you don't like how they word it or what they have to say and you feel the need to rip them apart until they are in tears and feeling worthless.

We all started at nothing and are all in the process of learning. How about treating people with some respect and encouraging them! And you know what, if you don't like what they have to say there is the option of closing the window instead of making them feel worthless and stupid!

This site should be full of positivity and encouragement, but time and time again I see just how bitter and hateful some of you are and there is no need to take that out on someone else. If you don't like your own life, how about you change those things you dislike instead of taking your bitter negative attitude out on everyone else!

I am so upset. None of us are perfect and all of us have room for improvement!

And yes, some of you are now going to rip this post apart and find some way to insult me but whatever. Time to grow up people, this isn't the playground any more!

And some people need to lighten up and not take themselves so seriously. Many people will joke around or make comments. It is not with malice (in most cases) and people take everything so damn personally and get bent out of shape about it. Most of the time they would be better off just rolling with it instead of trying to assume everything is a personal attack against them.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Fa la la la...la la la laaaaa
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    If people are insulting or ridiculing others, you have every right to report them. Make yourself aware of the MFP guidelines so you don't end up reporting something that isn't actually against the rules.

Interacting with hateful people only gives them more material to work with. Don't respond, report!

Tattle Tail!!!
    :grumble:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    This site is tame compared to some others I'm on.
    Interwebz doesn't come with big boy or big girl underoos, you have to supply that on your own.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The internet gives people a venue to say things they wouldn't say in person because on the internet you don't run the consequence of being punched in the face. Just take note of negative people and ignore them. That's all you can do. Don't let them get to you. They don't matter.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I want some bacon wrapped jalapenos filled with cream cheese.

Your making me hungry

somebody in my news feed mentioned pop tarts and i was a goner...
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You know, I love how this site can help so many people work towards their goals, so I suggest it to friends. Maybe I should not be doing that.

I have to say I am disgusted with some of your behaviour on this site! Someone makes a post and you don't like how they word it or what they have to say and you feel the need to rip them apart until they are in tears and feeling worthless.

We all started at nothing and are all in the process of learning. How about treating people with some respect and encouraging them! And you know what, if you don't like what they have to say there is the option of closing the window instead of making them feel worthless and stupid!

This site should be full of positivity and encouragement, but time and time again I see just how bitter and hateful some of you are and there is no need to take that out on someone else. If you don't like your own life, how about you change those things you dislike instead of taking your bitter negative attitude out on everyone else!

I am so upset. None of us are perfect and all of us have room for improvement!

And yes, some of you are now going to rip this post apart and find some way to insult me but whatever. Time to grow up people, this isn't the playground any more!
    If you think that's bad, you should try freeze dried squid and chase it with a durian. I'll give you some free advice from a troll on how to deal with trolls. Trolls are like hemorrhoids. When you're getting all butthurt from either one and your butt is all red and inflamed, don't itch it! It'll only make it worse.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Any internet forum requires a thick skin and the ability to take words with a grain of salt. If someone is reduced to tears then you are right, you should not be recommending they come to these forums or any other place on the internet. In fact, you might need to recommend they don't venture into the outside world either.

But mfp is a place for wonderful support, encouragement and inspiration. But that comes from your own personal friends list that takes time to build.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

Tattle Tail!!!
    :grumble:
    No tail here... :tongue:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    With the number of times we see this exact same thread I always just wonder if people go into the office they work in and announce, "Not all of you are being kind and supporting me in my efforts! Occaisonally a few people say not nice things! I am disgusted with all of you!"
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    With the number of times we see this exact same thread I always just wonder if people go into the office they work in and announce, "Not all of you are being kind and supporting me in my efforts! Occaisonally a few people say not nice things! I am disgusted with all of you!"

I just did. My cube neighbor flipped me off in reply.

*edited to re-word so it didn't sound so nasty :laugh:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

In my office, we have some decency and make sure we say the nasty things behind each other's backs, like civilized humans.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

Oh, we rip on each other all the time. Usually we are joking.

Usually.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think your doing good.:flowerforyou:

I have friends and family who treat me with love and respect. Not once have I had a rude comment. Sometimes things are said I don't agree with but I don't let it bother me.
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options

I harbor a guess that you wouldn't speak to someone with unabashed honesty. IRL, people who don't have a filter don't have friends. Stands to reason, OP wouldn't have make that announcement.

OP:

This IS the internet. People DO hide behind a screen and say whatever comes to mind. And you DO have a choice not to let them hurt you. Don't get too comfortable or too personal, just like IRL.
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    AGREE!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options

In my office, we have some decency and make sure we say the nasty things behind each other's backs, like civilized humans.

Bahahahaha!

I work with troubled kids, so they usually just tell me f*@% off to my face....then punch me :smile:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    How about posting something positive and maybe others will follow?

Posting negative comments towards negative threads probably won't help.

Lead by example.
    Have to agree with this. ^ I just generally try to ignore the hate. I do wish some would just back out of a thread when they aren't going to post something supportive or helpful, but thats not going to be the case half the time. :)

Some people are just so upset by all the horrible advice given out on here sometimes that it can be hard to hold back on some things. Not saying it's ok but sometimes you just have to say something and it can't be worded to sound all that nice.

Although i am not saying I'm for rude comments like commenting on somebody's weight or just plain insults. That does tick me off since this site is all about supporting each other and motivating others in their own goals.