Replies

• kolie518
    kolie518 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started on Tuesday :)
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow...that way I will finish before I go on vacation at the beginning of July...
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job getting in there and getting it done. I'm trying to talk myself into it right now.

Come on! You can do it!! :bigsmile: Just think of what your results are going to be! Push through the wanting to slack off and get out there and do it! :happy: It will only take about 30 minutes of your time and just remember how wonderful you will feel when it is over and how much energy you will have through the rest of the day! :drinker:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow...that way I will finish before I go on vacation at the beginning of July...

Great idea!! I started mine a week ago because I want to be trimmer come the middle of July for a special event and this will give me the opportunity to progress into Ripped in 30 Days or No More Trouble Zones before then. Also I will be able to amp up my energy levels before I go on vacation in August so I will be less tempted to do a lot of sitting and little walking, running or exercising! :bigsmile:
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    I began my 30 Day Shred on the 25th.

Day One - Had to break about 8 times OMG sweaty ooky gross and my butt is kicked.
    Day Two - only had to stop about 6 times (screw you Jumping Jacks!!)
    Day Three - Took 3 short breaks and did better following the 'easier' person and slowing down (my body wants to do 3 for their every 1 rep) and when I got to the end I yelled I HATE YOU Jillian!!
    Day Four - WTF does phoneing it in at the gym mean?? Took the whole thing slower and didn't break.
    Day Five - Took the day off because it fell on my no work out day :o)
    Day Six - Looking forward to punches I'll let you know...

I like this for a change from the gym.. I'd like to do it all the way through by the end just in case its pizza night or something and I need a little extra burn!!
  • wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Word of caution....I did this for 11 days before I hurt my ankle, damaged my achilles tendon and it hurts like Hell!! Read lots of post from people that have hurt ankles and knees and it seems to be quite common. Been told by the doc not to do it again :ohwell: Enjoyed it whilst it lasted. Take care x
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    I began my 30 Day Shred on the 25th.

Day One - Had to break about 8 times OMG sweaty ooky gross and my butt is kicked.
    Day Two - only had to stop about 6 times (screw you Jumping Jacks!!)
    Day Three - Took 3 short breaks and did better following the 'easier' person and slowing down (my body wants to do 3 for their every 1 rep) and when I got to the end I yelled I HATE YOU Jillian!!
    Day Four - WTF does phoneing it in at the gym mean?? Took the whole thing slower and didn't break.
    Day Five - Took the day off because it fell on my no work out day :o)
    Day Six - Looking forward to punches I'll let you know...

I like this for a change from the gym.. I'd like to do it all the way through by the end just in case its pizza night or something and I need a little extra burn!!

Ha ha :laugh: Thanks for the laugh! Most nights I am really wanting to yell at Jillian but I push through and just focus on doing the exercise. I admit that to do some of the jumping jacks or jump rope I have to close my eyes to get through it. And yeah, I think I'm in sync with them and find out they are ahead of me. The only time I don't actually "watch" the video is during the abs sections because I'm too busy focusing on form.

My favorite part of work out one is the punches!! :happy: Of course, I love the part where she is impressed that her girls keep going even when she isn't watching.....apparently didn't pay attention to Natalie when doing lunges with bicep curls because she does TWO of them without doing the lunge part. Wonder if she was aching or what happened. Just goes to show you there are times when even the trainers need to take a little breather. :smokin:

Keep us posted on how it goes! :drinker:
  • tdavis092206
    Options
    Ok so I am starting the 30day Shred tonite... Wish me luck and I will let you know how it goes... How do you log it for exercise?? How do you know how many calories you burn?? Do you really lose that much weight in 30 days?? Please share!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am starting the 30day Shred tonite... Wish me luck and I will let you know how it goes... How do you log it for exercise?? How do you know how many calories you burn?? Do you really lose that much weight in 30 days?? Please share!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

I think that most people log it as 20 minutes of circuit training. If you have a Heart Rate Monitor then you can get a better idea of how much you are burning. I think that the amount you lose is really dependant on how much you need to lose and how your diet is.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 6: finished
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Tried to mix it up a little and try level 2. I liked it except that I need shoes with better grip to do those plank moves. I had to modify some of them and do regular jumping jacks or bicycle abs like in level 1 because I was sliding all over the place on my floor and mat. :mad:

Well, Day 7 is finished but I will have to go back to level 1 until I get better shoes. Maybe I should try with my work shoes next time since they are SafTStep shoes (made for work in restaurants and areas where slips are common).

I'm still shaking from some of the moves from pushing my body! Whew!:embarassed:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Oh, My Dears. I don't want you to think that I have given up on this group. I have had a stomach bug going through my family (including me) and have been in no condition to face Jillian. I will be back on track tomorrow.:sick:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Just finished up day 10~~I will be moving on to Level 2! I already tried it once but the shoes I was wearing did not allow me to do a lot of the exercises because I kept sliding, so I will wear my Safe-T-Step work shoes to do the workout tomorrow and see how it goes. I have managed to be able to do some "real" push-ups but not for the entire time. Generally no more than five or six and that is the first time around. The second time around I can only do about two. Don't want to move on without being able to do them all but I am MUCH stronger through my shoulders than I was just ten days ago!!

Don't give up, ladies! We can do this together! Hang in there and keep us posted on how it is going! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Never walk away from Jillian, she's awefully hard to walk back to. After a weekend away, I finally got back to it this morning.

Level 1, Day7? I lost a lot of my momentum skipping 4 days. I may have to go more than 10 days on this level. We shall see.

StrawberrySuz, did you try Level 2 with better shoes? How was it?
  • Laurenazz
    Laurenazz Posts: 27
    Options
    hmmm... tomorrow morning maybe i['ll start
  • Snowbird73
    Snowbird73 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just got here. Is there a shred for beginners. I can't do even 1 pushup.:flowerforyou: I hope some of you start one in mid-June.
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    Day 8 - Level 1

Is it bragging if I say I went back at the end and redid the 3rd round of cardio? I like that part!!
    Plus it helps if on the Punches if you get down to an angle where the end of your punch is in Jillian's face.

Punch Punch !!! Hang in there think I'll start Level 2 tonigh and if its not too bad I'll finish it!!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've done day 3 of level 1 today, still finding it hard but I'm getting through it!! I'm not fit at all and hardly did any exercise before this, my thighs and armpit muscles have been sore but nothing too bad.

The hard day is going to be tomorrow when I have my first day of he shred after working, I think that will be much harder but I'm determined to stick to it!! :)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I just got here. Is there a shred for beginners. I can't do even 1 pushup.:flowerforyou: I hope some of you start one in mid-June.

Start whever and whenever you can. My first time through, I would have quit before completing the warm up if I hadn't started with a group. We're all at different levels and on different days. We would love to have you along. and if you can't even do 1 push up today, maybe by the end of 10 days you will.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I've done day 3 of level 1 today, still finding it hard but I'm getting through it!! I'm not fit at all and hardly did any exercise before this, my thighs and armpit muscles have been sore but nothing too bad.

The hard day is going to be tomorrow when I have my first day of he shred after working, I think that will be much harder but I'm determined to stick to it!! :)

I've never had to shred after working at a job, only chasing my 4 kiddos around, so I can't compare. I can tell you that I have done the shred 3 times before (separated by several months of inactivity in an effort to gaurantee no maintained physical fitness:blushing: not intentionally of course) and I can tell you that each time days 2 and 3 were the worst.