Stretch Marks

Options
One of the things that I hate most, especially now that I am losing weight and more conscious of my body, are the stretch marks. They aren't red or colored, all of them are clear, but, you can see them.

For those who have achieved their goal weight and have had stretch marks, are they as noticeable fit and thin as they are overweight?

Replies

• PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Try using Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for stretch marks on areas prone to these marks. This tends to be thighs, breasts, hips, lower abdomen. It will help keep that skin more elastic and will help reduce the occurrence of stretch marks :)

Unfortunately I have clear/white marks in all of the above mentioned areas from prior weight gain and loss. It's weird, because I've never weighed more than 155, and never less than 130 (in my adult life). I think I developed most of them in teen years, during puberty when my body was really changing. I wish I knew about this cream at that point in my life :)
  • PinkKitty724
    Options
    I have been researching stretch marks, and it seems that essential oils may help reduce the appearance. Nothing will ever get rid of them, but I am going to give this a shot.
    I am going to try 100% organic cold pressed rosehip oil and 100% organic cold pressed tamanu oil with some vitamin E added. I am also going to take MSM internally, and use a lotion which contains MSM. And, I am going to take a vitamin C supplement which includes rosehip extract within the supplement. I will also be exfoliating with an exfoliating scrub and dry brushing.

It sounds like a lot but I am willing to try anything. I am mixing the three oils together in a separate bottle as to complete that in one step. I just noticed more, and one LONG one on my lower back, just above/on my booty! I was freaking out a little last night. :(:(
  • annmarwor
    annmarwor Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the response!! I think I will try this too! They aren't red, so I guess that's the bright side. I just am afraid that when the time comes to where I can wear a bikini, I won't want to because you can see my stretch marks. Of course, with how hard I work at losing weight, maybe I won't care; hopefully I'll just be thrilled to be at my target weight!
  • SaraADaigle
    SaraADaigle Posts: 51
    Options
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=181527&catid=182889&aid=338666&aparam=181527

I used that for mine and it turned them from a dark purple to flesh colored ... now I have the issue of this loose skin around my abdomen and I am going to try this because a friend of mine uses them and they helped with no only the fat around her abdomen but tightening her skin up ... i was like, HECK YEAH!

https://joleneg.myitworks.com/Home

I will post pictures after I am done to see how this works . ... I see there are stretch mark creams on that site as well but I don't know how well they work ... my friend said it works great but I don't have personal experience with it .
  • SaraADaigle
    Options
    OH and I take vitamin E because that is used for the skin ... I figured it couldn't hurt .... :smile:
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have some loose skin and just cellulite galore on my upper thighs. Any suggestions for that. I have found ANY color on "fat" looks better than white. I opt for sunless tanning. Best of luck and focus on how far you have come!!
  • PinkKitty724
    Options
    Bio oil came up in my research and it seems okay, but I decided to go in a more complicated route. haha :)

My rosehip oil came in, I have yet to order Tamanu.I just ordered my MSM supplement, Moisturizer cream with MSM, Vitamin E oil, Vitamin C 1000mg with rosehip, and I have my sugar scrub.

I suggest everyone that is trying to diminish stretch mark appearance to take a vitamin c supplement because it helps your body create/retain collagen which is needed to rebuild the skin cells to reduce the stretch mark appearance. =:)

And the Palmers cream is just to reduce the possibility of getting stretch marks- not for existing. Boooooooooooo!
  • PinkKitty724
    Options
    I have some loose skin and just cellulite galore on my upper thighs. Any suggestions for that. I have found ANY color on "fat" looks better than white. I opt for sunless tanning. Best of luck and focus on how far you have come!!

The best thing for cellulite is simply- fitness. Cardio to reduce fat and training to tone and shape muscles. There are creams and such out there but I don't think they do much. I have lots of cellulite on my legs and bum and I can already tell it is SLIGHTLY reduced from working out the short period that I have been (about a month).

Sure getting tanned may look nice and help reduce the visibility of these imperfections, but they're still there underneath.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Oh, girl, I KNOW it is STILL there. I am 44. I KNOW. LOL I am working out. Just hoping it is not too late for me. LOL Thank you, CHICY!
  • PinkKitty724
    Options
    I doubt it's too late! Just stick to it, and don't give up. It will take time. You. Can. Do. IIIIIIIIIIT! :):)
  • SaraADaigle
    Options

<moderator edited>

THIS!!!!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have post-pregnancy stretch marks, all over my stomach. Like BOOM they are right there. And I have spent a lot of time rubbing lotions and creams and stuff all over them to make them fade. I have naturally tan skin, and even with sunscreen on I tan easily, but even with that--they are still there.

And after years of hating them...I finally do. Not. Care. I wear a bikini to the pool. I have some cellulite too, but it's fading as I lose weight and firm up. Some might be there forever, because you can't fight genetics...but again---I don't care. I work hard for my body, and it's not like I'm some freak of nature, plenty of people have stretch marks, so whatever! Embrace your body, you've only got one :smile:
  • SaraADaigle
    Options
    I have post-pregnancy stretch marks, all over my stomach. Like BOOM they are right there. And I have spent a lot of time rubbing lotions and creams and stuff all over them to make them fade. I have naturally tan skin, and even with sunscreen on I tan easily, but even with that--they are still there.

And after years of hating them...I finally do. Not. Care. I wear a bikini to the pool. I have some cellulite too, but it's fading as I lose weight and firm up. Some might be there forever, because you can't fight genetics...but again---I don't care. I work hard for my body, and it's not like I'm some freak of nature, plenty of people have stretch marks, so whatever! Embrace your body, you've only got one :smile:

has anyone told u how awesome you are ? If not, you are awesome :))))))
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    -
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I got some Zaggora hot pants (neoprene shorts and they really help with cellulite. They make you sweat a ton which reduces the cellulite apperance
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    I also have stretch marks that I need to get rid of so I'm interested in someone that knows of a product that actually works!
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    100% rose ship oil defo works, have been using it for a month and mine are improving! Soaks in quickly too which has always been an issue in the past for me
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    I use Mederma stretch mark cream, I have some marks on my thighs from weight gain after highschool and on my boobs. It seems to help reduce the appearance a lot even though it was pretty pricey.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've adopted the " it is what it is" mentality.

I can't change the fact that they're there, so I might as well embrace them and keep it moving.