Alcoholic Beverages

Options

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'd rather a meal's worth of calories than waste it on 3 shots of vodka.

LOL at +/- 100 calories a shot, screw the alcohol.
  • brittface10
    Options
    I think if you want to drink occasionally its totally fine :) As long as its not being done every single night. And try to stick to the low calorie drinks as much as possible.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I get ****ing BLITZED on weekends.
  • MzTat2slim
    MzTat2slim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this as well and enjoying all the tips you guys have listed. I'm going to limit myself to drinking 1 night per week. And also set a 2 drink minimum. I don't know about you guys but I wanted to lose weight so I could look fabulous and enjoy the social activites of the summer. Totally banning alcohol is too restrictive in my opinion, and counterproductive. Just be mindful that if you are eating less, the alcohol will have a stronger anebriation affect.
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Found this one on here: Vodka, water, splash of cranberry (I found some 5 calorie per serving diet cranberry) with a slice of lime. The no calorie flavored vitamin water (add alchohol) are good too. Just be careful to eat before hand - if I drink hungry I get tipsy and get diet amnesia.
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have an occasional glass of wine. And by occasional, I mean maybe a glass a week. I know it's not good to drink when you're trying to drop pounds, but I figure once a week isn't going to hurt anything.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is just sugar when its processed. Its really just empty calories. I don't drink at all and when I do go to the bar I've asked for water. I also usually volunteer for driving as well. Its a personal choice for everyone but drinking in general when you're trying to loose weight will ultimately cause you to cease the loosing, or gain some back.

When I started to read this, I honestly thought the 3rd sentence was going to be "that's why I smoke p*t - it's calorie free".

*Management does not endorse illegal activites. Just jokes.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I know it's empty calories, but sorry, there is no way I'm giving up martinis. I work too hard to not enjoy a good gin martini!

I stick with gin and vodka, club soda and lime..
  • MarGetsThinner
    Options
    This is the hardest part of weight loss for me! If I drink a mixed drink, I go with coke zero and bacardi, or something similar. Usually though I have a glass or two of wine. Sometimes a nice cold glass of whiskey. I also just try and limit how often I drink, instead of several times a week, I try my best to only drink one night, maybe two a week. If you know you are going to be drinking, just try and stay as good on your food calories as possible, keep them low but fill you up. Then those saved calories can be for a few drinks! :)
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I drink socially often. I work for it, or I go over, or I eat super healthy. If it fits in my calories, I go for it. You don't have to abstain, no matter what any one tells you. Moderation is key for pretty much everything. If it doesn't mean anything to you, or you never REALLY enjoyed it in the first place, then everyone is right, wasted calories.
    With that said, every beer/caesar/glass of wine I have is worth every damn calorie:wink:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I get ****ing BLITZED on weekends.

This!
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=893

This article has a rundown of calories in cocktails

I like to have a drink now & then too, I just log it & stay within my calories.

Thanks for this post! I usually scan my wine into MFP from my phone. Cabs usually register between 110 and 125 calories per 5 ounce glass. I like this post much better! haha
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What's my take?

Log the entire bottle of wine in the morning and build my food diary around it. Like a shrine or something... :drinker:
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    "Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol" :drinker:
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I average 6-8 beers a week and still lose about a pound a week. I just figure it in to my caloric intake and not go over. Every 3,000 steps and 5 flights of stars I take entitles me to a beer. I work for them.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If going out i drink either rum and diet or michelob ultra. if drinking at a house my fav is silver tequila with any crystal light flavor and diet sprite or if you dont feel like buying crystal light fresca which is 0 cals mixed with tequila is awesome too!
  • Nguyenbr
    Nguyenbr Posts: 9
    Options
    i tend to stick to whiskey or scotch on the rocks or a splash of coke zero. ~140 cals per drink since i like doubles.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink wine. Just about every day. Sometimes beer, but mostly wine. Rarely liquor because it's harder on your liver and is just empty calories.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You know wine is a fruit right?
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    i tend to stick to whiskey or scotch on the rocks or a splash of coke zero. ~140 cals per drink since i like doubles.

This, only with rum. The diet soda is just for color and to make people think I'm actually drinking diet soda :wink: