Alcoholic Beverages

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is just sugar when its processed. Its really just empty calories. I don't drink at all and when I do go to the bar I've asked for water. I also usually volunteer for driving as well. Its a personal choice for everyone but drinking in general when you're trying to loose weight will ultimately cause you to cease the loosing, or gain some back.

Not really true.....drinking in excess and going over your calorie limit will sabotage a 'diet'

But everything in moderation.....if you keep it to within your calorie limits then you're fine
  • antypim89
    antypim89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have one blow out a week usually the night of my weigh day or the night after. I go mental, eating and drinking whatever I like but the next day it's back to the diet. This helps me with my moral and I am still able to loose weight. My trainer recommended this to me as she said a blow out once a week wether it be a hearty meal or a hearty meal pls a boot load of booze can give u drive for the next week.

I drink southern comfort lime and lemonade (or a steamboat as they're known in the UK), beer, cider anything but vodka (its evil). Anyway because I have one day off a week it means I don't have to pick my alcoholic drink.

Anyway hope you have a lovely weekend xx
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    What's my take?

Log the entire bottle of wine in the morning and build my food diary around it. Like a shrine or something... :drinker:

Awesome!!!!!

I drink a beer or two a night. If I worked hard, ate right, exercised, then I want my beer. But I log it and try to stay in goal. If I don't have any extra calories. I don't get a beer.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I hate vodka so I drink light beer, and I just leave room in my calories for it. If I have to go to the gym to burn the calories off before I drink the beer then that's what I'll do.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm struggling with this as well and enjoying all the tips you guys have listed. I'm going to limit myself to drinking 1 night per week. And also set a 2 drink minimum. I don't know about you guys but I wanted to lose weight so I could look fabulous and enjoy the social activites of the summer. Totally banning alcohol is too restrictive in my opinion, and counterproductive. Just be mindful that if you are eating less, the alcohol will have a stronger anebriation affect.

I have a glass of wine a night and it has never stopped me from weight loss. I count the calories though and put it in my meal plan. :)
  • Noel1114
    Noel1114 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Once you build the calorie intake of the drink into your weekly schedule all should be ok. So if you decide to have a few drinks on a friday and saturday just reduce your calorie intake of food for the other part of the week to make up.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm coming over to your house...what kind of rum shall I bring?
    White please! Careful though as I turn slutty half way through the bottle!
    Counting on it...
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think all things in moderation is ok. It's no different from deciding to either indulge on a fat piece of cake or opt for a sliver. MFP is about adjusting your lifestyle...it's not a diet so you're supposed to be able to have all the things you want...just in moderation and as long as it fits into your calorie goal for the week.

Hope this helps......:drinker:

I agree totally :drinker:
  • GelinaKnows
    GelinaKnows Posts: 46
    Options
    Rum & diet, but I drink MAYBE once a month, 1 or 2 drinks max, but this holiday weekend, I did it TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW! Ugh,,,anyways, after abstaining from soda pop for so long, the drink was CRAZY sweet, EW!! Anyways, I had a bud light too the second night, but I had exercised like crazy & hydrated like crazy before the nights I drank (during those days) & I still lost 4.5 lb that week, but I don't plan on repeating it often. The ONE think I DO think is important: LOG IT!! Even if you KNOW it's gonna ruin your day or your caloric goal, daily, weekly, whatever, LOG IT!!!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I think all things in moderation is ok. It's no different from deciding to either indulge on a fat piece of cake or opt for a sliver. MFP is about adjusting your lifestyle...it's not a diet so you're supposed to be able to have all the things you want...just in moderation and as long as it fits into your calorie goal for the week.

Hope this helps......:drinker:

^^^THIS^^^
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I still drink, I just calculate the calories in to my daily intake. If I'm going to a party and I know I will finish a bottle of wine all by myself, I add it in my diary and see how much I have to work out to make it work.

Only pet peeve I have about drinking is that if I drink too much I will never exercise as hard as I should the next day...
  • Sksieger
    Options
    What's my take?

Log the entire bottle of wine in the morning and build my food diary around it. Like a shrine or something... :drinker:

I have done this!
  • Sksieger
    Options
    i tend to stick to whiskey or scotch on the rocks or a splash of coke zero. ~140 cals per drink since i like doubles.

I am also a big scotch drinker. Its nice to sip on and is a good alternative to Mixed drinks. :)
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not that I was a big drinker before MFP (2 young kids, with one that doesn't know how to sleep in or understand that mommy's hungover), but if we have plans to go out, I arrange my week so that day is my cheat day. In winter, I'm a wine drinker, so not to taxing on my counts, but in summer my normal drink is Blue UV and lemonade. I haven't quite figured out what to do as an alternative. I may try using Crystal Light for my lemonade and see how it goes. Any other suggestions?
  • jealous_loser
    jealous_loser Posts: 395
    Options
    I don't drink anymore because I don't want to. I still think I am pretty fun.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I drink rum, with diet soda. The shots aren't so bad in calories, but when you 'accidently' drink the whole bottle, it can be kind of bad on calories. Not that I would know, or anything. *whistles innocently*
    You accidentally drank a bottle of rum?

I'm coming over to your house...what kind of rum shall I bring?

White please! Careful though as I turn slutty half way through the bottle!

all of this. thumbs up.
  • fightingthetemptation
    Options
    i just cut down what i eat for the day if im planning to drink so i still stay within my calorie limit.

plus vodka is meant to be the best alcohol in terms of calories, one shot is 50kcal and you get much more of a hit than any other beverage. mix some with diet coke and you're sorted!!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    drinking increases estrogen levels. say goodbye to muscle growth.

^^LMAO honestly I really loled. So what you are saying is that people who drink and all women cannot grow muscle due to the catobolic nature of estrogen hahaha... OMG where do people get this stuff?
    :laugh: strong 4th post :laugh:
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I do drink occasionally on the weekends, no problems here! I continue to lose. I also work out extra if I know I will be drinking later that day. I am not sure about the posts saying you will stop losing or even gain. I have not and neither has my friend who has been at goal weight for nearly a year.