Advice and profile pics

Options
secretlobster
secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
Be honest...

Do you (even just internally) accept or reject someone's advice based on the person's body in their profile picture?

Are you less likely to take advice from someone who looks like they are struggling with their weight?

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

No about rejecting advice and no.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    edit.. misread your question. and no is my answer.
  • Lisascherer1
    Lisascherer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't base it on the profile picture at all. I want to have MFP friends that are supportive, offer good advice and are going through the same struggles I am. That is all I base it on. :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    This makes me think I shouldn't have put such an awful profile pic up. I used that one so I'd have something motivating to look at. Ha! Even my hair is crazy windblown. I look like a maniac. But to answer your question, I do pay attention to other people's profile pics and tickers. Seems more credible coming from someone who's been there and done well.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Depends on if they have pie.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    not at all, I have a diverse list
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone if they request friendship. I rarely send out my own requests...I think maybe 20 (plus or minus) times total in my year plus at MFP.

I also don't look at the picture when it comes to advice. If I know it's doubtful in its accuracy, I'll usually just discount it. If it's a possibility...I'll research it. If its solid...I'll give props and back it up. What their profile picture is or isn't is irrelevant to me. I mean hell...it may not even be them.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    actually I listen to any and all reasonable advice, so no \m/
  • Manderator
    Manderator Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say I don't. I had to leave the post and check out my few friends to be sure lol :D I have lots of different ones all with different goals and both men and women. Look at me being all diversified :D

I need encouragement lots of times rather than advice.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    No.
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think that the best advice comes from the people who have been through the same issues. If they have never struggled with there weight how can the know my struggles? But if your perfect I guess you want advice from other perfect people only?
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    NOPE
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am much more likely to take advice from someone who is at my goal weight and understands what I'm going for and/or from people who have lost a ton of weight.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    No I am open because honestly if you someone a little overweight in their pic who are you to judge we are all here for the same reason. Kudos to them for making the choice to go on this journey and also not to mention who knows how much weight they have lost so far......:drinker:
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    No, a profile picture doesn't always make or break it for me.

And. . . As long as it's logical and sound advice, I'll consider it.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I reject all advice without any bias.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Honestly... yes.

I prefer to get advise from someone who has a desirable shape.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes. I will typically accept all friend requests but then tend to regret it later and end up deleting friends. As far as the advice not so much on this site but I do not like taking fitness/exercise advice from someone that is not in shape themselves.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love to hear from everyone....That is why I have had such a great time on this site. I learn new things all the time : )
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    When I had a picture of me at a figure competition as my profile pic people I noticed people paid more attention to what I said. I got a lot of PM asking for advice and friend requests.

I'm back to being invisible again.