What did you cut down on that helped you the most?

Options
For me, it was sugar intake. Even though I was eating at my recommended calorie intake, eating low-fat and low-carb, I was eating way too much sugar. As soon as I cut down on my (absurd) sugar intake, I started to have more energy and the pounds started to melt off!

Replies

• linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Sugar too, but in the form of Pop, I have cut that crap out of my diet and its made a big difference :)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Fried food. And monster portions.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Worry. If done correctly, then shouldn't be any.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I cut down on carbs. I used to eat fruit and high fiber breads- oatmeal, bagels, english muffins, wraps, brown rice daily. I thought I was doing the right thing with all the high fiber and low fat.
    Now I stick to around 100 carbs a day which I get from other foods.
    I upped my protein to around 100 grams a day also. I started drinking protein shakes in the diff. flavors- delicious.
    I don't worry about fat- I eat real butter, eggs, bacon, meat, fish, yogurt(plain) cheese, avacados and nuts. (healthy fats) I use almond milk unsweetened instead of milk.
    I started losing fat right away. All the muscles I've worked so hard for over the years are starting to show!
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I cut out all caloric drinks, I dont eat breads or pasta, and nothing fried.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    rice.
    I still eat rice , but i used to eat like over 6 servings daily
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Breakfast cereal. I stopped buying it. I LOVE cereal, and could easily plow through three bowls in one sitting.

Also pizza.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Homemade Mac and Cheese. It was like 800 calories a serving and I would chow down on like 6 servings a day. Also takeout.
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Heavily processed foods. I was eating 1200 cal of low-fat, fat-free everything.. And wasn't losing weight. Now that my diet is pretty much all whole foods, I'm losing weight steadily :)
  • reallyregina
    reallyregina Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oil and processed foods.
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    Emotional eating. (if that counts)
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sugar - treats, in coffee, even fruit. Now that I'm in maintenance, I've added fruit back in, but that's it. I'm glad to be rid of that habit!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Fast food stopped eating it period. If I go to a fast food restaurant I only get a salad or yogurt. (because of course my kids still wanna go all the time )
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Coke /soda I've been a year without it. that has helped me a lot. I have some other things I need to cut down on like processed food which is loaded with sodium and need to work on the sugar. eat more fruit veggies and healtheri snacks
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I cut down on alcohol, green, Mcdonald's and pizza!

I also cut down the negative thoughts I had against myself. This probably helped me realize I can reshape my life.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Coke, fried foods and huge portions.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This is an easy question.

PASTA....
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I quit drinking soda completely, and quit eating monster sized portions of every dang thing.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    EXCUSES.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Alcohol